Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1685869436816015360

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ASAPI posted:

Is there a Tl;Dr for why they are good with BitCoin and not the others? I thought they were all shady.

Supposedly it's because bitcoin isn't proof of stake.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Stultus Maximus posted:

Is there a brief explanation of why that matters for those of us who have avoided learning any technical details about buttcoins?

Those are the two fundamentally different but stupid ways of determining how the loving bullshit tokens are produced.

There's a better explanation in this video if you've got two spare hours or so:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ_xWvX1n9g

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

That'll do, pig.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ardiem posted:

Incredibly, there’s a screenshot from the borat movie of that exact scene in the filing. Page 14: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23813714-650033_2023_noelle_dunphy_v_rudolph_w_giuliani_et_al_complaint_10

Page 15, actually.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lemniscate Blue posted:

drat, I was really hoping it was Ginni Thomas.

Yeah so was I but it looks like it isn't. C'est la vie.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Crab Dad posted:

There’s no money in people not getting sick.

People are still going to get sick. This treatment, assuming it works, doesn't prevent people from getting sick.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Oh fun: Two U.S. Navy Sailors Charged With Helping Chinese

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

:laffo:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

A.o.D. posted:

If operation downfall would have happened, everyone's grandfathers would have been on those boats.

If the War Department didn't believe their estimates, we wouldn't be issuing old Purple Hearts today.

IIRC we finally ran out of 1945 Purple Hearts in the early 2000s.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

A.o.D. posted:

NEVERTHELESS

No, their larger point is absolutely right. It takes some doing to wrap your head around the fact that the atomic bombs might've in fact been the least bad way to force Japan to surrender because we've got 80 years' worth of nuclear terror coloring our understanding of the bombings.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

A.o.D. posted:

That was indeed the point I was making.

Yes, I agree. It was.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Elviscat posted:

I think you can mock the fetid bullshit PragerU pumps out, while also being deeply concerned about what its spread means for the country.

As a bone fide historian with a degree and a published book and everything, this is the correct reaction.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CBJSprague24 posted:

E- good lord, it's going down like that one recreational weed bill that even Willie Nelson said he wouldn't support.

I read this sentence several times but I don't comprehend it. Could such a thing exist?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

stealie72 posted:

It was some bullshit where there would be a very limited number of licenses for growing the only legal weed in the state, and they would be given to the most hated rich assholes.

Good Lord

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Another tragic loss for Meal Team Six.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sacrist65 posted:

I have no idea how old he is but based on his Facebook posts he is at least 60 years old and probably divorced

75 years old and a widower. Trigger warning: Daily Mail link.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Elviscat posted:

I like this scroll of his FB feed where you can see him screaming into the void about this poo poo, with no likes and only a couple replies to his messages.

https://twitter.com/cscnme/status/1689373684689956864?t=64Q6VlcvCZtOTj1MmXoftQ&s=19

Those weirdass greeting card from hell-looking status update images should 100% be considered a red flag by mental health professionals. I've never seen a remotely sane person use one, just the crazies.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Just a head's up, Elon Musk is melting down about Zuck calling him not serious about fighting, and there's a small but non-zero chance he's going to be found screaming "FIGHT ME" in Zuck's driveway.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mr. Nice! posted:

The former president and 18 friends have arrest warrants in Fulton county, Georgia, and the sheriff is processing them through the county jail in the exact same manner as any other arrested individual.

:georgia:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
San Diego had information that would lead to the arrest of Hurricane Hillary, I guess.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Discussion Quorum posted:

Sarah Huckabee Sanders is less than a year older than me, and while I am not exactly a paragon of youth, she looks ancient to me. The Stephen Miller effect is real.

She looks like a melted wax museum sculpture of Nurse Ratched.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MA-Horus posted:

Meatball Ron is such a low energy loser, if he gets the nom, even Trump in an orange jumpsuit will eat him alive.

Meatball Ron is too interesting a nickname for him.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
This is me today:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CBJSprague24 posted:

Indeed.

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1694872033752908217

Trump has also had to give way to an American flight to DC of all places and a Delta flight to Houston on his way out.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CBJSprague24 posted:

He shall henceforth be known as P01135809.

Emphasis on the P.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Herstory Begins Now posted:

(stolen from d&d)

Man what'd the Penguin ever do to deserve this insult.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Like until the past couple years IIRC most of the Osprey death toll comes from the Corps getting all gung ho and shoving full loads into early prototypes despite being warned it was a bad idea. Two or three crashes later and the bird got a reputation it couldn't shake despite being demonstrably safer statistically than a 46 or a Blackhawk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Coasterphreak posted:

Have they heard of California City

Did California City have blockchain? Thought not. :thunk: