Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
What the gently caress is wrong with these people. Who talks like that? If you wrote that in a script as lines for a predator they'd get re-written.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

bird food bathtub posted:

I dunno what people expected after the Borat movie. Homey wasn't "adjusting his shirt". It was exactly what it looked like, and Guliani is exactly what he looked like.
I guess I didn't expect a grown rear end adult and former mayor of our largest city to just yell MY TITS MY TITS like a 3 year old, but I realize I should let go of old societal standards.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

America's Mayor.
All the dipshit had to do was shut up, let a couple books get ghost written, and take corporate speaking gigs where he'd spend 30 minutes talking about 9/11, and he would have been set for a life most of us could only dream of obtaining. Instead, he let his loving idiot sexpest id out and here we are.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

pantslesswithwolves posted:

There’s probably a 19-page thread in TCC from 2010 with an average 4.14 rating where some poster talks about their experiences with a compound called 5-NMP3s-Dioxide-Ferro-Bismuth-69-DPT-dimethylbenzanote-81, which sets in motion a chain of events where goons discover that heating it to a certain temperature and inhaling it via a balloon gives the user wild hallucinations of the future or times long past. Gradually, this becomes known as “doing the Kessel Run” with posters lambasting others for not doing a high enough dose as “dumping their shipments at the first sign of an Imperial cruiser.” The thread eventually dwindles off as the most prolific posters abruptly stop posting, leading many to speculate that they’ve OD’d. In actuality, they’ve discovered the first steps toward traveling through time and space, a fact that won’t be realized until archaeologists unearth a new part of the Parisian catacombs and find a slightly newer skeleton wearing a Casio wristwatch next to a much older skeleton with “MY NIGGA HAVE YOU TRIED LSD?!” scrawled on a nearby wall with the ashes of a dead torch.
:drat:

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

Current event: they really did make baseball fun again

https://twitter.com/clintonyates/status/1688002321274572800?t=7bIlJEbJ2kOyEJHdn0M68w&s=19

For your rewatches: watch the ump realize what was about to go down and turn into a referee. Also, watch who throws first and who throws last. And there appears to be no lead-up to this, the Cleveland player got a hit to the corner, beat it out for a double, then they start woofing and a hockey game breaks out.
Tom Hamilton, the Guardians' radio play by play guy is the best radio guy in baseball.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Grip it and rip it posted:

Hell yeah lets commit some fraud/negligence in order to maybe kill some people.
I see you've met international sports organizers before.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

MrMojok posted:

The author claims that postwar inspection showed that they had something like 9-10,000 planes and plenty of fuel hidden away, and that the one-way trips most of these would have taken would have been an extremely simple navigational problem— takeoff from Honshu and use the coasts and/or interior of Japan as navigational references, to make a short flight southwest to the invasion fleet.
And like so many people in the US, my grandpa was on one of those boats heading toward Japan, so I'm never going to be impartial about the nukes. Maybe in another generation.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

If operation downfall would have happened, everyone's grandfathers would have been on those boats.
Yup. Mine was a gunner in the first carrier task force and already made it to Okinawa, so he'd have had a front row seat.

Edit: Came back from the war unscathed other than being deaf as gently caress for the rest of his life.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

E- good lord, it's going down like that one recreational weed bill that even Willie Nelson said he wouldn't support.
The one that would have made Dan Gilbert the state's biggest drug dealer?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I read this sentence several times but I don't comprehend it. Could such a thing exist?
It was some bullshit where there would be a very limited number of licenses for growing the only legal weed in the state, and they would be given to the most hated rich assholes.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Win-win for the corrupt state politicians. Either they get to say The People voted down legal weed, or their rich buddies corner a lucrative market.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

LaVoy Jr., ladies and gentlemen.
Powerful "I would have joined up but I totally would have punched my DI for talking to me like that" only actually did punch his DI and now is dead.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

David Weiss has been appointed Special Counsel in his continuing investigation into Hunter Biden according to a presser just now by Merrick Garland.
Excellent. I need to know more about his massive schlong.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah I saw that Duncan got called in early, and I think Trump's truthing this morning has more to do with it than the clerk's snafu. Trump was calling out Duncan by name trying to influence him ahead of grand jury testimony.

e:

Ever since Mark Hammill did it, I can't NOT hear donny's dumb loving tweets/truths/turds in the voice of the Joker. It makes reading all these dumb things much more fun.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
The *ahem* riggers, eh?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
The last refuge of the scoundrel.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

M_Gargantua posted:

The sort of people who would protest this are the exact sort of cowards that will only do so until they meet even the most breezy of opposition.
And sometimes that opposition is high humidity and lack of a breeze.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Conservatives walking right up to the point and missing it.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

bird food bathtub posted:

I'm an important part of the Patriot Eagle Truth Warrior team!
It's 100% this. Owning the libs by giving my meagre cash to a supposed billionaire.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

The 757 can do it. Delta and United were flying fully loaded ones across the Atlantic prior to COVID and I think United has resumed doing so. With only a couple people on board, it would presumably have more range.
Can confirm. Have ridden a 757 in 3x3 domestic configuration from Cleveland to Gatwick. Will never do that again.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Trump dying when his plane crashes into the north Atlantic on his way to flee to Russia because he was as cheap with maintenance as he is with everything else would be goddamn hilarious.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Meatball Ron is too interesting a nickname for him.
And DipshitSantis is too long, sadly.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
gently caress the police.

What a stupid loving clownshow to impress stupid loving clown people.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
TFW you try to look hard but just look constipated.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

And for regular content: hope you don't need new cars soon, UAW is getting a lot of line-level support for a strike against the Big 3

https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/status/1695088254339465287?t=X6Px_7VAddwVV6BGrYDwYw&s=19
If you're buying anything from the big three, you're doing it wrong.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Full.
Metal.
Jacket.

This seems the more appropriate version.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

still kinda suggests wrongly that floridas ever were
Yeah, my mom's cousin's family moved there from NY for a work transfer in the late 90s and even then they were appalled at the state of the schools and services for kids in Florida.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

pantslesswithwolves posted:

There's definitely a surge going on right now. There's a new "variant of concern" called Eris that apparently has the potential for even more immune evasion than other Omicron variants, although it doesn't appear to be more virulent than its counterparts. That said, I know several people who never got COVID from 2020 onward who have gotten this one, so basically you have an infinitely more likely chance of successfully participating in the Eris world tour than you do the Eras tour.

I'll show myself out. :dadjoke:
I'm currently one of these stats, and on day 5 of a very mild case. I've got all the vax/boosters and have evaded for 3.5 years, but one of my kids got me because she had so mild of a case that we thought it was allergies until I had a stuffy nose and tickly throat on friday afternoon and then woke up at 4AM with body aches and tested both of us.

Doctor's office confirmed there's been an uptick in our area.