Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Is there a Tl;Dr for why they are good with BitCoin and not the others? I thought they were all shady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

facialimpediment posted:

Attention judge: Brandon is being mean to me so the DOJ's protective order is bad

https://twitter.com/GrahamKates/status/1688659463811616769

I want the judge to go with this. If this is "thinly veiled", Trump's tweets must be public admissions of guilt.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

mlmp08 posted:

https://twitter.com/daniellamicaela/status/1689280918953803777?s=46&t=fppHBZSlD4AbSz5pJxjFMQ

Eventually they’re just going to have a projection of her voting, like Zordon

They are going to roll her ICU bed into the chamber.

"Blink once for yes, twice for no."

Court cases will ensue, was that an eye twitch or a blink?

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I haven't seen it discussed here yet but yesterday, a major fire swept through the town of Lahaina on Maui, forcing people to flee by whatever means possible (including jumping into the ocean.) At least 36 people are dead, the town is completely destroyed, and the survivors have lost everything. I know one person who lived there with their mother, and while they escaped, they've lost every single thing they've owned. The destruction, and the speed that it occurred, are just terrifying.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2023/08/09/maui-wildfires-deaths-lahaina-hawaii/

I got married there almost 15 years ago. The wife and I were considering a visit for our anniversary. This news kinda made the decision to not go for us.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

I'm surprised I haven't heard of any protests/demonstrations following the indictment announcement. Weren't they setting up barricades and what not in anticipation of that?

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

My wife's family is in Orange County. I doubt their infrastructure is prepared for that kind of storm.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Is this an endorsement?

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Laughing Zealot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu8W0eHpXTc&t=20s

Love DeSantis having to look around before reluctantly putting his hand up.

The crowd was really divided by Christie's comments. Is there really an even split regarding Trump's charges or is one side just louder?

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

facialimpediment posted:

So there's a funny thing in Georgia law:

https://twitter.com/JoyceWhiteVance/status/1694411174123589750?t=UlucOAsA2Hj-G5-klYIORA&s=19

I've seen very little about this, much less about how it would affect a multi-defendant state RICO case. But, the Georgia DA has responded with a hilarious recommended trial date from this motion:

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1694752955193348413?t=Vm-66QseFyJTac-UNkevDQ&s=19

This can't be possible, as we're on the wrong timeline for this clusterfuck of a RICO trial to actually start in two months. That would be some funny loving poo poo if the Cheeseman forces Donnie to actually stand trial quickly.

Why is Chesebro doing this? Is he trying to screw over Trump? Is to save in legal fees?

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Mr. Nice! posted:

A lot of people will demand a speedy trial. He's doing it strategically because he doesn't think they could try him fast enough and hoping for dismissal on those grounds. As long as they start jury selection by the end of the year, this will fail. I have no doubt that Willis will start jury selection well within the timeline for all defendants. She's done it other RICO cases. One case right now has had jury selection ongoing for 8 months due to the number of defendants. I don't think it's going to take quite that long here, but it will still be a lengthy process.

In criminal law there aren't very many things that mandate immediate appeal. Most of the appellate work is post-conviction. This is true of interlocutory appeals in Georgia, as well. There isn't really much the defendants can do to slow things down if the prosecution wants to move forward.

That makes sense now, thanks.

Edit:

Holy poo poo. That is the part of the interview that they kept?!? I thought this thing was pre-recorded. This was the best take?

ASAPI fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Aug 24, 2023

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

facialimpediment posted:

They didn't bother - the county jail posted his dimensions before he was even at the jail. Donnie gave them numbers that meant he's an inch taller and 25 pounds lighter since April.

25 pounds my rear end. He is fatter than me and I'm not keen to step on scale.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Coasterphreak posted:

Why does anyone still voluntarily live in Florida

If my Aunt is an indicator, there is a large faction that lives there because they "like the politics".

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm on vacation in Daytona and picked up the rona either on the plane down here or at one of the races I attended this weekend.

At the risk of sounding greedy, I'm glad the impact here is said to be likely minimal, but it sucks either way.

Ryan Hall Y'all's live stream is a pro click on YT if you're into/need to track weather. If you're in Central Florida, Tony Mainolfi from WESH is fantastic.

Semi related, there has been a large uptick of COVID cases in my area, likely due to school starting back up.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Godholio posted:

What tragedy is that video about? I can't really pick out any of the audio.

The Jacksonville shooting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

At this point it will soon be a Weekend at Bernies type thing.