Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

facialimpediment posted:

whoops

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1687288034289459201?t=upXwsFVbwfExKgTGkxkDag&s=19

just another one of those instances where Donnie is giving the DOJ to easily clear a very high bar (proving corrupt intent while avoiding first amendment poo poo)

Remember the prerecorded speech he gave on January 6th that had some obvious cuts in it?

I'll bet you there are some outtakes of him just rambling for 20 minutes at a time about how he knows he lost the election but he'll be damned if he ever acknowledges it or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

maffew buildings posted:

I am not good at parsing legalese and all of that, can someone please help me understand which of these charges could result in no poo poo consequences that would result in things like Trump not being able to run again, etc?

None of them. None of them will prevent Trump from running again.

None of the charges are for insurrection or rebellion, which are the only charges that can keep you for running for office.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Zamujasa posted:

surely he wasn't stupid enough to put crimes in DMs

Why not? He was putting crimes on live TV

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Discussion Quorum posted:

poo poo, a ton of his followers convinced themselves that JFK (the one who would be 105 years old) was going to make an in-person appearance to endorse his son (also dead) as Trump's new running mate or something stupid like that. I can't even imagine.

When JFK didn't show they said it's because he was performing and was unavailable

because Keith Richards is secretly JFK.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I would really prefer we not use the CE thread for forums drama.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
If you have a lawsuit against 3M because of the combat earplugs, it looks like the fight is finally coming to a middle.

https://www.wsj.com/business/3m-settlement-earplug-veteran-hearing-loss-26a3038f

3M's board has authorized a $6 billion settlement. There are about 260,000 lawsuits over this and while folk with more damaged hearing will get more than folk with just tinnitus, I think I'm going to end up with enough to leave happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Zero VGS posted:

The VA has already paid me ten times that much as compensation, and they didn't knowingly cause the damage.

I'd check those sums again because I ran the numbers through some law firm's VA backpay calculator and the number it spat out shows about $18,000 for my tinnitus over the last 10 years.

At any rate, I just have the tinnitus and I'd just like to have a few bucks to pad the savings account.