Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I remember when I was a kid reading a translation of a training pamphlet of some kind issued to kamikaze pilots. I don't remember where it was from, exactly, just that I was reading some WWII historical stuff.

It was a step by step, and I remember that it started with pilot poo poo and then veered into (for example) "Step 7: You will feel an urge to turn away, but do not, this is an urge to betray your country and you must exert your will. Step 8: As you get closer, you will feel a beautiful peace settle over you, and the Emperor's face will appear and bless you" and so on, all laid out in this factual procedural manual.

It's probably my earliest memory of knowing something was total horseshit, without the slightest bit of "...well maybe they know something I don't?" mixed in.

I remember thinking "...this is 100% BS. Who could possibly know these things? Whoever wrote this knew they were talking out of their rear end. What would make someone write this? What kind of person even would? Who would swallow this at face value?" and that was a long-rear end time ago but the way it made me feel is something that has stuck with me my entire life, and sadly, has come to mind more than a few times over the years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Being able to get just exactly the right mix of hallucinogens and stimulants for an advantage into your body on demand sounds less like cheating and more like just a different skill :v:

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

facialimpediment posted:

The jury just returned a note from deliberations:

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1697272689482682675?t=Rd4XN1PjYDNT9_nCxMCF8A&s=19

I don't think that's a good sign for his chances.

It seems to me that answer doesn't actually answer the juror's question.