Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Debating whether or not Trump actually intended to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power by inciting his lunatic followers into storming the Capitol is soooooo January 7 2021, let’s focus on the latest potential hoax: whether a zoo in China has been putting people in sun bear costumes

https://twitter.com/ap/status/1686844554593566731?s=46

Personally I think something looks really weird about that standing bear and I wish the DC zoo had sun bears because I’d go there and do a photographic investigation of my own. If they are people in bear costumes, then WHERE are the bears? Knocking over trash cans on OUR American streets? I dunno but I think we need another couple of hundred billion in the defense budget until we figure it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Pretty sure TCC goons have already done that.

E: The stargate thing. Probably not the throat slitting. Probably.

There’s probably a 19-page thread in TCC from 2010 with an average 4.14 rating where some poster talks about their experiences with a compound called 5-NMP3s-Dioxide-Ferro-Bismuth-69-DPT-dimethylbenzanote-81, which sets in motion a chain of events where goons discover that heating it to a certain temperature and inhaling it via a balloon gives the user wild hallucinations of the future or times long past. Gradually, this becomes known as “doing the Kessel Run” with posters lambasting others for not doing a high enough dose as “dumping their shipments at the first sign of an Imperial cruiser.” The thread eventually dwindles off as the most prolific posters abruptly stop posting, leading many to speculate that they’ve OD’d. In actuality, they’ve discovered the first steps toward traveling through time and space, a fact that won’t be realized until archaeologists unearth a new part of the Parisian catacombs and find a slightly newer skeleton wearing a Casio wristwatch next to a much older skeleton with “MY NIGGA HAVE YOU TRIED LSD?!” scrawled on a nearby wall with the ashes of a dead torch.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Elviscat posted:

I like this scroll of his FB feed where you can see him screaming into the void about this poo poo, with no likes and only a couple replies to his messages.

https://twitter.com/cscnme/status/1689373684689956864?t=64Q6VlcvCZtOTj1MmXoftQ&s=19

Man, I don’t. gently caress chuds and always be punching Nazis but in a better world this dipshit would have been connected with social services and counseling before he ended up as a stupid slow motion suicide by cop.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

SerthVarnee posted:

Have we considered limiting access to ammo but making black powder exempt?
Also making homemade ammo super illegal due to copyright issues with a major weapons manufacturer, resulting in a blacklisting from buying guns made from that manufacturer.

Hmm yes, let’s concentrate the means of lethal force in the hands of the class of entity that’s only just a teensy bit more unaccountable than Uncle Sam, what could go wrong

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I haven't seen it discussed here yet but yesterday, a major fire swept through the town of Lahaina on Maui, forcing people to flee by whatever means possible (including jumping into the ocean.) At least 36 people are dead, the town is completely destroyed, and the survivors have lost everything. I know one person who lived there with their mother, and while they escaped, they've lost every single thing they've owned. The destruction, and the speed that it occurred, are just terrifying.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2023/08/09/maui-wildfires-deaths-lahaina-hawaii/

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Of all the things I hate Rhodesian Lowtax for, one of the biggest things is making Mark Zuckerberg look like a better person by comparison.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Someone showed Muskrat how many people have blocked him, or blocked the low quality scammy poo poo-tier products that increasingly make up ads on Twitter, so he’s listening to customer feedback and taking steps to improve not only his tweets, but also the quality of advertisements on Twitter.

I’M JUST PLAYIN’ HE’S JUST GONNA GET RID OF THE “BLOCK” feature

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1692558414105186796?s=46

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

The mugshot is exactly what I expected it to be but I could more easily suspend my disbelief that the Easter Bunny is haunting Graceland until Luke Skywalker defeats Zombie Hitler than I could that this gastropod of a man, who famously hates exercise and probably hasn’t lifted a weight heavier than a quarter pounder in decades, somehow has the height and weight of a professional Crossfitter who does endurance events for the hell of it.

Unless the Fulton County Jail records height in feet and inches and weight in kilograms.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Wife and I were going to go to Disneyland and Galaxy's Edge last time we were visiting family in SoCal, but it became clear that it was going to be a several hundred dollar day when you factored in parking, ride passes, and me getting my very own lightsaber for being the goodest lil' Jedi ever. So we decided to plan better and well in advance for the next time we're in town, and instead we spent the day surfing and lounging on the beach instead.

I haven't been to Disneyland since 2007 and I'll bet my next visit will hold me for like another 16 years. I really don't "get" Disney adults at all.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

ASAPI posted:

Semi related, there has been a large uptick of COVID cases in my area, likely due to school starting back up.

There's definitely a surge going on right now. There's a new "variant of concern" called Eris that apparently has the potential for even more immune evasion than other Omicron variants, although it doesn't appear to be more virulent than its counterparts. That said, I know several people who never got COVID from 2020 onward who have gotten this one, so basically you have an infinitely more likely chance of successfully participating in the Eris world tour than you do the Eras tour.

I'll show myself out. :dadjoke:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

This really isn't a laughing matter. Turtles only do this when they're extremely distressed.

quote:

NYT still refused to use "racist" even with the swastikas on the gun and pro-rhodesia comments, plus how he originally tried to shoot up the nearby HBCU but got denied.

The NYT really is just incredible garbage these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

There went the last vestiges of doubt that I might have had about whether we live in a simulation or not.