Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
what actually has to happen to keep trump from running for president, like does he have to be in prison or what? not looking forward to another round of 'but a dog can't play basketball'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I am not good at parsing legalese and all of that, can someone please help me understand which of these charges could result in no poo poo consequences that would result in things like Trump not being able to run again, etc?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

McNally posted:

None of them. None of them will prevent Trump from running again.

None of the charges are for insurrection or rebellion, which are the only charges that can keep you for running for office.

thanks, that's the breakdown I needed. well I guess these charges are great for vibes for the brunch brigade, if the six figure income coastal elites I know are any indication

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

top 5 Italian man way to die, right up there with falling over dead in your garden and heart attack while lying to your wife about your mistress. edit: wow am I glad my family is americanized to the point where they didn't go hard and give me an Italian first name

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I'm guessing Real Americans who know the election was stolen won't give a drat about him saying the quiet part loud at this stage and will give him money.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

congrats to all those who decided to out themselves as anime watchers, this is very brave

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

That earthquake was near where I live and it was a big rip off it wasn't even off the coast so we didn't get a tsunami just some shaking and stuff. Lame.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Elviscat posted:

It would be HILARIOUS to see him in exile in Russia, but he's way too arrogant and narcissistic to flee the states.

There's unfortunately no reason for him to go into exile. He's the favorite to win the GOP primary, he has a massive donor base, none of the charges prevent running for president and it's non zero he loses if he does get the nomination. Very glad we decorumed our way to this reality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

jesus loving christ I hope the democrats don't gently caress up when that man is the GOP candidate for 2024