Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Supposedly it's because bitcoin isn't proof of stake.

Is there a brief explanation of why that matters for those of us who have avoided learning any technical details about buttcoins?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

maffew buildings posted:

what actually has to happen to keep trump from running for president, like does he have to be in prison or what? not looking forward to another round of 'but a dog can't play basketball'

If he gets convicted for January 6th charges that are interpreted as insurrection or rebellion, or having given aid and comfort thereof, he is not eligible. But that's it.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Lol, right before the school year starts, anyone teaching or signed up for AP Psychology in Florida just got an unexpected change of plans.

quote:

We are sad to have learned that today the Florida Department of Education has effectively banned AP Psychology in the state by instructing Florida superintendents that teaching foundational content on sexual orientation and gender identity is illegal under state law. The state has said districts are free to teach AP Psychology only if it excludes any mention of these essential topics.

The AP course asks students to “describe how sex and gender influence socialization and other aspects of development.” This element of the framework is not new: gender and sexual orientation have been part of AP Psychology since the course launched 30 years ago.

As we shared in June, we cannot modify AP Psychology in response to regulations that would censor college-level standards for credit, placement, and career readiness. Our policy remains unchanged. Any course that censors required course content cannot be labeled “AP” or “Advanced Placement,” and the “AP Psychology” designation cannot be utilized on student transcripts.

To be clear, any AP Psychology course taught in Florida will violate either Florida law or college requirements. Therefore, we advise Florida districts not to offer AP Psychology until Florida reverses their decision and allows parents and students to choose to take the full course.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

What valuable information could an MM on an amphib possibly have?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Still wild FDR was in his 50s when WWII started.

Presiding over a depression and world war, with polio, definitely ages a person.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Warning: watching the following may include the smell of burnt toast
https://twitter.com/davidhth/status/1688623282096926720

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Tiny Timbs posted:

I'm shocked Elon actually came through with the Tweets

I’m surprised the servers came through.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Coasterphreak posted:

If he stops saying the quiet part out loud, which lol

The money comes from people who want him to say the quiet part real loud.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

joat mon posted:

What will that get him? Stall for a couple months?

He’s hoping for a stall until inauguration.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

shame on an IGA posted:

It's more sad than anything else, dude was extremely mentally ill

Yeah. Diagnosed, institutionalized periodically schizophrenic. It's sad and even more tragic that people who are just assholes picked up on his crazy thing and spread it.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

A.o.D. posted:

Why does she have to have a face like a Disney villainess tho?

Disney villainesses have "twisted elegance."
She's more like a Roald Dahl villain, just overtly grotesque. I can picture her and Stephen Miller as a wicked couple in a Roald Dahl story, just straight up eating babies.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Platystemon posted:

I’ve never understood the appeal of donating to a man who brags about his billions.

He could ostensibly fund centuries of campaigns from his own pocket.

I mean, some of the donors are expecting quid pro quo, which I think is stupid on multiple levels, but that’s not what motivates all of them.

It’s about participation. You aren’t just angrily watching OAN, you now have a financial link to his struggle.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

stealie72 posted:

If you're buying anything from the big three, you're doing it wrong.

Buying good electric cars is not wrong.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Arrath posted:

My girlfriend speaks highly of having a pass back when she lived in the LA area and went to Disneyland at least once a month.

I just can't wrap my head around wanting to go stand in crowds and lines that often. Sure I had fun when I went to Disneyland, but I was in 3rd grade.

My wife and I have discussed taking the kids to a Disney park. She argues for World and I argue Land.
Her arguments: it’s closer, it’s got more stuff
My arguments: gently caress Florida weather gently caress Florida politics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

facialimpediment posted:

All I've seen is the picture.

Until now.

There's video: (edit: a longer video than the guardian link, with local news background)

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1697035990609658292?t=JGr5wVo1YV8rkn_vJ5FOWg&s=19

Should have been a Taurus.