Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Yea, I'm not sure how long it took for jokes about 9/11 to start happening, but I'm fairly certain they where here by 2004.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

joat mon posted:

Just to punctuate how much of a complete and utter non-thing pleading NG at an initial arraignment is, yesterday I actually pled a guy guilty at his initial arraignment.
It was the first time I had ever done it. I had a good reason to do it that way, but doing so completely flummoxed the judge - because nobody does that, ever.
Instead, the judge entered a plea of not guilty for my guy on his behalf.
Then we did his guilty plea.

The part of an initial arraignment that matters is ensuring that a defendant knows what crime(s) they have been accused of and what their rights are with regard to those crimes. The plea of not guilty part is mostly a meaningless formality.

Of course without giving details of the case, Whats the reason for giving a guilty plea that early without some sort of deal?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

I like where he lets him get a kick in and then promptly takes him to school.

"THERE'S NO SORRY! SHUT UP!"
"THE gently caress YOU MEAN SORRY?"

So anyone know the backstory to this beyond the obvious talk poo poo get hit?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

shame on an IGA posted:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=_Kpyno9dOjw&si

haha after that his buddy that came to the gym with him wanted some too

What kind of idiot takes an rear end whipping for someone else.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

shame on an IGA posted:

I wonder if that dude, watching the tape later, will ever realize how lightly he was let off because there are so many moments where he's wide open and our hero only throws about 1/6 blows he had time and opportunity for

Like on the continuum from friendly spar <-> deathmatch rear end kicking he got about a 30%, "This is the second time I've asked you to go lighter, now you're gonna learn to go lighter", enough to make the dude feel pain, but not enough to get him in trouble for actual assault or open him up to a lucky hit.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

Given his propensity for projection, you know this is exactly what he wants- he's fantasizing about holding hands and skipping down the street with his bigly mancrush Vlad.

"How could I possibly leave the country? In my private plane? Where would I even go? A nation with a history of not extraditing wanted people? Comeon... pure fantasy"

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

This guy gets it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

The jury just returned a note from deliberations:

can a judge be held in contempt for not directly answering questions from a jury honestly?

Like if the jury responded to this with a note that said

"No, really, does this dude have our names and address?"

and the judge replies with

"They have certain information...."

can the jury compel the judge to answer or is it one of those things where when this government was setup no one would dream a judge would be a scumbag?