Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The t-shirt needs a little Joe Biden "I Did This" next to it to cause as many chuds as possible to stroke out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Hannibal Rex posted:

Do we know which goon built this?

Child-Killing Zipline goon, for sure.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

M_Gargantua posted:

I said it elsewhere the other day: a corollary to the Anthroponuclear Multiple Worlds Theory is that as the world gets weirder we'll discover more and more unlikely science. Cancer super drugs, room temp super conductors, FTL. All this stuff that was just in front of our faces the whole time being found out in incredibly unlikely coincidence

I'm expecting someone to eventually accidentally figure out how to build a stargate in their garage.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Man, I don’t. gently caress chuds and always be punching Nazis but in a better world this dipshit would have been connected with social services and counseling before he ended up as a stupid slow motion suicide by cop.

Dude probably would have shot the poor innocent social worker.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Excellent. If they're available in September in the US, they'll be available as early as 2026 in Canada.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

bird food bathtub posted:

Most famously used by some right wing racist rear end in a top hat on YouTube I don't care enough about to justify with his name, wherein he used the phrase and a hard-R to refer to federal agents that were gang stalking him "at night" so he could see them or whatever bullshit he made up for false martyr points.

I vaguely think I remember this being something that can be connected to the (late) TempleOS guy but I don't want to cause an irreparable cataclysm in my google search results by confirming this.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I just remember that guy because he got permabanned from pretty much every hobby OS development website known to man, as well as several accounts here on SA and even so far as to be shadowbanned from Hacker News, a website that is known for being such a right-libertarian proto-techbro paradise that getting banned there is almost impossible

Then he got hit by a train

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Duzzy Funlop posted:

What in the world :catstare:

Severe unmedicated schizophrenia combined with no mental health support due to schizophrenia-induced job loss in someone who was technically quite a good programmer.

If he was able to keep on his meds he wouldn't have spiraled so far to the point that his elderly parents had to sever ties with him (mostly over his extreme racism), maybe things would have turned out differently, and he would have been a well respected systems researcher or something... but that's just not what happened. :smith: In the last years of his life he was homeless and the last anyone heard of him was that he had accidentally been hit by a train somewhere in southern Oregon or northern California.

It's a really sad story and in the sphere that he was primarily known in (hobby OS development) we don't talk about him much.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

the timeline is healing

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

what was it this time

Eurofighter Typhoon manual.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Midjack posted:

Just about every state has rules about surplus cop cars where they have to have some amount of the markings removed. I imagine the driver is the kind of guy to determine what the minimum to remove was.

Up here in the great whitey north the RCMP strips off all markings and reflectors before they sell cars, so the gimmick by people who want to look like cops is to put light bars on the roof and reflective strips along the trimline to look like 90s RCMP Crown Vics. One such dickbag parks on my street and triggers my "hm, cop" reflex every time, even though the E Division has switched over to Explorers except for IHIT and other detectives.

They always do it just enough to look like undercovers without enough to fall afoul of impersonating a peace officer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Vancouver suburb E Division poo poo is still CVPIs for undercover. A few months ago I saw an obvious blackout in a crown vic in front of an apartment building near me. We're talking front bars, blacked out rear windows, barely visible cage, reinforced rims, the lot. A few hours later I got a ping that someone got shot a half mile away and that the gang task force was investigating it because some 19 year old got got on the corner, and a half mile stretch of 208th was under investigation.

IHIT does IHIT poo poo. God bless the queen king.