Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Debating whether or not Trump actually intended to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power by inciting his lunatic followers into storming the Capitol is soooooo January 7 2021, let’s focus on the latest potential hoax: whether a zoo in China has been putting people in sun bear costumes

https://twitter.com/ap/status/1686844554593566731?s=46

Personally I think something looks really weird about that standing bear and I wish the DC zoo had sun bears because I’d go there and do a photographic investigation of my own. If they are people in bear costumes, then WHERE are the bears? Knocking over trash cans on OUR American streets? I dunno but I think we need another couple of hundred billion in the defense budget until we figure it out.

Sun bears are weird and small though so it's probably a bear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsLvnFQW_yM

these are real bears

E: the cameras are solar so you have to roll back far enough for the cameras to be running to see bear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hannibal Rex posted:

https://twitter.com/gigaj0ule/status/1686814611658715136?t=dqrVfVvXDy3W3IEL0u2UQw&s=19

Room-temperature superconductors and a cure for cancer in the same year? Probably just twitter BS, but keep tabs on that.

The paper describes basically a holy grail cancer drug, they found a molecule that is able to selectively interrupt reproduction of cancer cells across a broad list of cancers, and can cause lethal damage to those cancers via interrupting that process. Normal cells don't interact with the cancer drug, only tumors, so no observed toxicity or side effects in normal cells, since they literally give no fucks about the molecule.

It's neat but until it gets to wider human trials it's mostly theory. Animal models can't simulate all possible interactions of human biology with a drug.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Aug 4, 2023

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Considering that there was a split in the Imperial cabinet after the first bomb and an attempt at a coup/armed uprising after the second bomb in order to purge members of the cabinet who wanted to surrender, which was only defused by the Emperor taking it into his own hands and making a radio broadcast declaring an unconditional surrender (who's going to deny the Emperor air time on the national airwaves after all?) there were definitely True Believers in Japanese High Command after the two bombings who were still absolutely convinced that they should have fought until the last Japanese civilian, bombs or no.

Mass firebombing (which hadn't worked till this point, because bombing civilians rarely does), Operation Downfall (which would have taken months/years and cost millions of lives potentially, especially on the civilian side), or Atomic bombs, all options sucked, but the shock of the bombs did get the Emperor to directly intervene, overrule his own cabinet and declare a surrender which his own military command had to honor or overthrow the Emperor, and they chose not to overthrow the Emperor. IMO Atomic bombs probably sucked least of all three options.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Soul Dentist posted:

I know very little about Dragonball but isn't Mr. Satan a pretty good Trump stand-in?

No, he's not a malicious shithead

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

A Stable Genius posted:

“Rather than releasing the Report on the Rigged & Stolen Georgia 2020 Presidential Election on Monday, my lawyers would prefer putting this, I believe, Irrefutable & Overwhelming evidence of Election Fraud & Irregularities in formal Legal Filings as we fight to dismiss this disgraceful Indictment by a publicity & campaign finance seeking D.A., who sadly presides over a record breaking Murder & Violent Crime area, Atlanta. Therefore, the News Conference is no longer necessary!”

Translation for the not brain geniuses: "My 4th set of lawyers told me to shut the gently caress up or they'd stop representing me, and I can't find anymore"

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

shame on an IGA posted:

I wonder if that dude, watching the tape later, will ever realize how lightly he was let off because there are so many moments where he's wide open and our hero only throws about 1/6 blows he had time and opportunity for

He won't realize it, because he was dumb/racist enough to challenge a dude who was going to thoroughly whip his rear end to a fight in the octagon, and then not take the fight seriously until the punches started landing. Guy could have and probably should have gotten pasted so much harder because punching Nazis is cathartic.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nazi dude did his best lowtax in the ring impression

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Handsome Ralph posted:

:lmao: if he ends actually tries to make a run for it.

Can the DA present these social media turd nuggets to the judge to get them to revoke bail?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

Someone got into the Panzerschokolade

Panzerschokolade apparently was never real, the picture of a bar of "Tanker's Chocolate" is a photoshop, the candy company across the top of the wrapper didn't exist until 1987, and they didn't even open a candy factory until 1999. It was actually a big thing because the implication that Zotter was providing the Nazis with chocolate gave them a negative public image. There's no primary source information regarding the existence of meth infused chocolates. No tattered wrappers in any collections or contemporary diary entries from troops at the time. Doesn't mean it was wholly invented, though, as there's tons of info regarding them issuing Pervitin to troops directly, but never in the form of a chocolate bar.

There is however Fliegerschokolade, which did exist and is still sold in chocolate disks, but it is and was just caffeinated chocolate, which while that's definitely a pick-me-up for flight crews it's not quite Pervitin (amphetamines).

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Herstory Begins Now posted:

must have been an amazing series of decisions that led to this lol

I'm sure there were at least 10 opportunities before that dumb gently caress hopped in the ring for him to decide "actually no, this isn't a good idea" but man was too dumb and too racist for his own good. Levi absolutely took it easy on him though, even going 3/10 on him he rocked his poo poo.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

"Sorry? What the gently caress you mean, sorry? Shut up!"

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

Aww, Jenna looks like the type of girl you're instantly inclined to swipe right on on Bumble until you see all the pro-chud text and emojis and nope the gently caress out.

idk i pretty sure id swipe left anyways on account of the big rear end Fulton County Sherriffs Office watermark

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The V-22's safety record is the 3.6 roentgen of aviation, they randomly crash more than fixed wing aircraft but it could be worse they could crash as much as helicopters.

You can also carry more people in a V-22 I believe.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Yeah, no helicopter can match the range of a V22 because in fixed wing mode they're using the wing to generate lift instead of the proprotors.

Still, they are inhabited by the same angry machine god that inhabits all helicopters.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

4.5:1 incidentally is the space shuttle orbiter’s subsonic glide ratio.

A flying brick then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Xenoborg posted:

That must not smell great.

Howdy Doody indeed