Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Mitch McConnell very, very likely doesn’t even have the capacity to make his own medical decisions any longer. I guarantee it. And he’s a loving senator.

The lack of moral courage on the right is just astounding to me. I really feel like there was a turning point after Jan 6th when for a split second nearly every republican was rallying around condemning and even hopping on the impeachment of Trump. Then Fox News, lobbyists, and Lindsey Graham convinced them they’d never recover from damning their own president, even though they knew it was the right thing to do. Hell, wasn’t there even back room recordings of this? When they made the decision to flip, and keep supporting him… I feel like they all lost every ounce of moral courage right then and there. And they knew it. They can’t exercise an ounce of it, even now, when Mitch McConnell should absolutely be forced to retire. Pre-Trump, Mitch would have been out of office after his first whiteout. Now they won’t, can’t, lift a finger to do the right thing.

There are two types of republicans in Congress now. There are the performance actors like Boebert who are loud as hell, and all the rest who are dead silent about everything, won’t even comment on all the Trump indictments. One group never had moral courage to begin with, but the other is shucked into silence by the shame from losing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I mean, I know the GOP has been morally bankrupt for a long while, but the days after January 6th were rock bottom. It made my head spin. Immediately after the riots even Mitch was on the Senate floor condemning trump, nearly every single one of them (except the circus performer crew) was. Not even 24hrs later they had all collectively flipped to defending trump and supporting the idea of a stolen election. All for 30% of their base who were rabid with brain worms.

I'm sure they imagined if they didn't support trump they'd lose the midterms. Funny how they basically did anyway. And they're now hitched to having a convicted felon as a candidate in a general election, they stand to lose a hell of a lot harder.