Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Maybe we'll finally get some rain :stonklol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Platystemon posted:

Dare I ask “why?”

This goes back to the severe untreated mental illness thing. Many who started learning to program in the mid-90s with the late 80s/early 90s Borland books on our dads' bookshelves (I'm not the only one, right?) or grew up playing DOS games remember the DOS way of doing things nostalgically (with some serious rose colored glasses). This guy took it to the absolute extreme and declared that modern x86 architecture features went directly against God's will.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Sarah Huckabee Sanders is less than a year older than me, and while I am not exactly a paragon of youth, she looks ancient to me. The Stephen Miller effect is real.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

bird food bathtub posted:

Trump would end up living longer than Elvis and Bigfoot combined if this happened.

poo poo, a ton of his followers convinced themselves that JFK (the one who would be 105 years old) was going to make an in-person appearance to endorse his son (also dead) as Trump's new running mate or something stupid like that. I can't even imagine.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
My old employer freaked out when they learned that 4 regional managers were riding together on a customer's lovely plane. Real brain genius move if they (voluntarily) put all of Wagner's leadership on a small plane, together, over Russia, right after publicly mutinying.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

That Works posted:

voluntarily

It's a load-bearing parenthetical

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

quote:

A safety design feature of the proprotors, however, is for them to broomstraw and throw the resulting fibers away from the fuselage to minimize damage to the occupants. Unfortunately, this characteristic has been tested in accidents; fortunately, it works as advertised.

Ah, a compliment sandwich.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
But doc, when my tinnitus is acting up, I can only hear tone!

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
I have seen literally no guidance about getting anything after the third shot. First, it was "ehhh well, maybe, we're thinking about it" for what seemed like forever. Now silence (or at least no media coverage). I guess now I know to shop around for it in a few weeks.

I think* I am one of the lucky ones who has never had it, but given how common asymptomatic infections are, I don't think anyone can say for sure.

* I came down with what I thought was a minor sinus bug over Christmas 2021, but we were out of test kits, and it passed within a couple days. A week later, my wife tested positive (asymptomatically). I tested negative at that point, so who knows.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

The Eyes Have It posted:

It seems to me that answer doesn't actually answer the juror's question.

Lol it most definitely answers their question, if you speak the language of evasive bullshitters. Yes, he does have that information (or enough to go find said information from other sources).

Oh but they collect the paper copy back after he has had it for weeks (months?) :nallears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
When art car becomes shart car