Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Stultus Maximus posted:

If he gets convicted for January 6th charges that are interpreted as insurrection or rebellion, or having given aid and comfort thereof, he is not eligible. But that's it.

Even if that were the case, and he were to win the election, what mechanism is in place to stop him? The only thing I can think of is Congress not certifying the results, and you know enough Dems would roll over in the name of :decorum: and say "ah well, it's the will of the people, nothing we can do" while voting to certify. The supreme court sure as poo poo isn't going to stop anything.

And that only applies to actually being appointed president, nothing short of the icy, Kissinger-free hand of death would stop him from running.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Zamujasa posted:

given that dead people have legitimately won elections posthumously i'm unconvinced that even death would stop him

Fair enough, but at least it wouldn't be him, personally campaigning any more.

At least, I mean... oh god, I would hope not.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Hannibal Rex posted:

https://twitter.com/gigaj0ule/status/1686814611658715136?t=dqrVfVvXDy3W3IEL0u2UQw&s=19

Room-temperature superconductors and a cure for cancer in the same year? Probably just twitter BS, but keep tabs on that.

Pfft, plenty of things kill 100% of tumors yes I'm intentionally ignoring the "no side effects" qualifier shut up

Weren't we also supposed to be getting a cure for the common cold thanks to MRNA vaccines? Come on, it's been a couple of years now, chop chop.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

RFC2324 posted:

If you think its not applied selectively I have news for you about America

Is... is it good news? :ohdear:

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

hobbesmaster posted:

Don’t they have an exceptional safety record by helicopter standards?

It's not particularly good, it's just also not particularly bad. It's got a fairly average mishap rate compared to other aircraft, but once people get a good Narrative in their heads it's drat near impossible to dislodge it with facts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

LOL "does anyone else have a question, please speak up" because the problem was definitely just that he couldn't hear the question.