Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

stealie72 posted:

All the dipshit had to do was shut up, let a couple books get ghost written, and take corporate speaking gigs where he'd spend 30 minutes talking about 9/11, and he would have been set for a life most of us could only dream of obtaining. Instead, he let his loving idiot sexpest id out and here we are.

rudy was a huge piece of poo poo even back before 9/11. people talk about 'oh rudy changed' or his apparent head injury in later years after which he changed, but it's all masking the fact that rudy has always been a human dumpster fire. his political circumstances were better very briefly, but his personal life was always inevitably going to drag him down because rudy is just a bad guy with no values, not even self preservation. dude just thinks with his dick with zero regard for anything else and it's been that way since the judith nathan stuff 20+ years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

facialimpediment posted:

Current event: they really did make baseball fun again

https://twitter.com/clintonyates/status/1688002321274572800?t=7bIlJEbJ2kOyEJHdn0M68w&s=19

For your rewatches: watch the ump realize what was about to go down and turn into a referee. Also, watch who throws first and who throws last. And there appears to be no lead-up to this, the Cleveland player got a hit to the corner, beat it out for a double, then they start woofing and a hockey game breaks out.

i wonder if that ump has worked as a ref because the way he hopped out of there looked like he had some muscle memory for it lol

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I'm not asking facetiously either. Counterfactuals are really difficult things to definitively state one way or another, plus fog of war, etc

I've seen what seemed like fairly compelling arguments in both directions, eg that Japan was already aware that it was defeated and so they were unnecessary and conversely that they were aware they were defeated but also still intended to go down fighting as much as humanly possible which seemed not-unfounded based off of pre-bomb engagements with the IJN. I too would be very curious to see anything particularly good on that point

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Of all the things I hate Rhodesian Lowtax for, one of the biggest things is making Mark Zuckerberg look like a better person by comparison.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

must have been an amazing series of decisions that led to this lol

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
(stolen from d&d)

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
i see a lot of discrete weather events get chocked up to ~the impact of climate change~ and it always drives me kind of crazy, like, no climate change is not an out of the ordinary rain storm. what is loving wild though is looking at year-to-year surface level temperature anomaly maps of the gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean. as long as it keeps getting that warm, florida and the entire gulf coast is going to keep getting hammered by just wildly strong storms, and particularly ones that intensify extremely rapidly. there's just so much energy available for the storms to tap into these days, it's scary how fast they're intensifying now that regional ocean temperatures are consistently higher

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
probably depends a bit about where you draw the line between republicans in general and the whole white grievance bigotry poo poo, but die-hard trump supporters iirc represent ~30-40% of the gop. trump's death grip over the party is because he causes a ton of people to turn out who otherwise do not show up for elections and otherwise the often slender margins the gop is working with just don't really math out with those people staying home. even for those that hate trump, they're basically in a deal with the devil for short-medium term continued political relevance. post 1/6 you could see that there was some genuine appetite to get rid of trump, but also the understanding rapidly spread that the gop without trump supporters isn't really a nationally viable party (at least not before some significant realignment that would effectively trade the most insane trump wing for more appeal to the center/independents, except that the gop in 2023 is even farther from than they were in 2020) and so willingness to do anything about trump evaporated as they hoped that maybe someone would pull a magic solution out of the hat before the situation blows up on them. At the moment it does not appear that they've found a solution beyond hoping that one of the prosecutions will succeed. it's a hell of a clusterfuck

to be clear btw, I'm not suggesting that is some 'the end of the republican party' thing, because so long as there are 100,000,000 conservatives or w/e in this country there will be a party representing them that will continue to be relevant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
if i had a bull that cool I'd want to show it off too