Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Hahahahahaha

That's hilarious. Also Zoomer Jan 6th is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

MrMojok posted:

I had meant to include a quote from the book I mentioned earlier, but couldn't find the Kindle. Now that I have, and that I read this post, I also found this quote I'd highlighted in there:

Anyway, the quote about the invasion I meant to include in my first post is this one:

Also

And lastly

OK I promise I will shut up about the book now.

Added to my reading list, thanks for sharing!

I finished reading Ian Toll's Pacific War trilogy a few months back, and while I've done a ton of reading on the post-war occupation (echoing Embracing Defeat as a recommended book here) and the bombings themselves, I was not aware until very recently how intense the kamikaze bombings were during Okinawa. The Navy had around ~5K in casualties alone (compared to the Marines ~3K) resulting mainly from kamikaze attacks which is very :stare: when you realize how much those attacks would have picked up had Downfall happened.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Yeah honestly stop trying to find some secret mattering that will cause Cannon to get thrown off the bench, and instead laugh at the fact she's a terrible judge and her case has basically become a sideshow for now.

She's obviously very pissed off that she doesn't get to weigh in on the Jan 6th case and if you don't find that funny, idk what to tell you.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Of all the things I hate Rhodesian Lowtax for, one of the biggest things is making Mark Zuckerberg look like a better person by comparison.

:same:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

https://twitter.com/ReporterBlayne/status/1691254200422764544?t=KIu2VCXMNIo2L0j80MYrFQ&s=19

Well, this calls for a celebration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roRQ2mNwMMQ

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

:lol:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

:lmao: if he ends actually tries to make a run for it.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/1694488399460106342?t=qZweenCkts9PZtCBKTtgMw&s=19

:yeshaha:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

OddObserver posted:

Yeah, for Christie that bridge is closed.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

CBJSprague24 posted:

Indeed.

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1694872033752908217

Trump has also had to give way to an American flight to DC of all places and a Delta flight to Houston on his way out.

Oh man today has been good.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

My wife surprised me with a trip to Hollywood Studios/Galaxy's Edge last year for my birthday. It was my first time at any Disney park, we only went for a day, but I did have a lot of fun. Though I have zero desire to return on a regular basis.

Maybe in like a few years because she wants to see Animal Kingdom but we're also prioritizing overseas trips over a trip to Disney because lol.

Mustang posted:

I'm including the New Yorkers and New Englanders with that, since they largely end up adopting that irritating FL hick culture no matter where they come from.

Everyone I know from New England that moved to Florida has become some variation of Florida man. gently caress that state, it should only be kept open as a honey pot along with Texas for morons whining about taxes or libs or whatever other bullshit they're on about.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Aug 28, 2023

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Yeah had a physical last week and my doc said wait till the end of September, first week of October for the new vaccine. She said it's basically like the flu shot at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

It would be nice. I never used it till my early 30's when I was dealing with chronic back pain (and PTSD/anxiety but that's a whole other story). It was like night and day, finally being able to get a full night of rest without any pain or suddenly waking up with sharp pain at 4 in the morning.

Anyways, it'd be really nice if this happened and OPM tells contractors/agencies they don't give a poo poo about weed, at minimum if you have a medical card. I've held a clearance before so it's just mega annoying that my vape pen and edibles that I only touch at night and on the weekends when I'm not on call is an immediate disqualifier despite the fact I have a clean record and previously held a clearance. At least I have a steady and comfortable IT gig for now that doesn't seem to care so long as I don't show up to work high.