Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Coasterphreak posted:

I’d almost prefer if the SEC just kept letting rich idiots dump their money into obvious scams. Good way to redistribute some wealth.

It's not like crypto leads to any kind of socially equitable redistribution of wealth, though. The money is flowing into the hands of the griftiest people in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

ded posted:

freezing the limbs of living people to find out the effects on the rest of the body

very normal science and something i am glad we pardoned the good people of unit 731

a doctor nods thoughtfully and jots down on a notepad, "hurts real bad"

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

CBJSprague24 posted:

Change two words and you have the man he represented.

and you didn't even really have to change one of them

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Mr. Nice! posted:

The former president and 18 friends have arrest warrants in Fulton county, Georgia, and the sheriff is processing them through the county jail in the exact same manner as any other arrested individual.

is that the jail where they let a guy basically starve/get eaten by bugs/suffer unmedicated thru psychosis until his death

should be an interesting place for ol Trumpy Bear

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Mr. Nice! posted:

That could describe countless county jails in this country.

well, yeah

But yes, the case in particular I was thinking of was indeed the Fulton County jail

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article275662221.html

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
lol I can't believe Doug Burgum is a real person's name

Bred Poot, Doug Burgum, Jurj Clooners, Assa Hutchersen

Terrifying Effigies posted:

main takeaway was Vivek is pure unbridled millenial psychopathic energy

yeah that's what I got, too. That guy is a stone cold psycho. Frightening.

I couldn't watch the whole thing. Of course it still remains to be seen how Trump's legal woes effect the primary field, but I have no idea how a GOP contender is supposed to pull it together from under the shadow of Trump. I think Ramaswamy is the only one with much juice out of that field, but I have trouble believing the rank and file (R) voters are gonna go for someone who's not a white dude. Maybe he'll be useful to prove they aren't as racist as we all think? But Pence, Scott, Hutchinson, Burgum, Haley -- all way too boring. DeSantis has a little more energy than Burgum or Pence at least, but I think his recent publicly visible inability to gladhand is killing him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Soylent Pudding posted:

I'm flying in part to visit family this weekend. I would absolutely have gotten a booster if it was available. As is I rescheduled so that visiting my elderly grandma is the first thing I do on this trip instead of the last. Don't want to pick up covid and give it to her before I even have a chance to develop symptoms and know not to see her.

Wear an N95 respirator through the airport and on the plane. You can probably get a disposable (like a 3M brand Aura) from the paint section of Home Depot.