Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many of this month's B-league main eventers do you recognize without googling?
This poll is closed.
Logan Storley 16 9.20%
Brennan Ward 17 9.77%
Chingiz Allazov 13 7.47%
Marat Grigorian 7 4.02%
Bubba Jenkins 21 12.07%
Jesus Pinedo 4 2.30%
Renan Ferreira 7 4.02%
Maurice Greene 24 13.79%
Clay Collard 22 12.64%
Shane Burgos 43 24.71%
Total: 46 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
yep, glad nate is getting paid like crazy and I will simply decide that he won and refuse to listen to anything that tells me he didn't. seems like the best approach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
That's actually worked quite well for Nate himself. Getting knocked out by Thompson didn't count because Thompson was making bitch rear end lady sounds.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Snowman_McK posted:

That's actually worked quite well for Nate himself. Getting knocked out by Thompson didn't count because Thompson was making bitch rear end lady sounds.

I absolutely love how this makes the loss less humiliating using the Diaz rubrik

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
very excited for the return of scott jorgensen this weekend

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Aug 4, 2023

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Huh?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Al jorgensen is now playable in balder gate the third, dont you listen to ministry?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Al jorgensen is now playable in balder gate the third, dont you listen to ministry?

lol I have no idea what any of that means

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ok now i am confused

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
explain this post

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mekchu posted:

explain this post

You posted an image of a custom character in baldurs gate 3, whose character creator allows enough options that your character can have varied skin pigmentation, like the athlete your character is named after and whose inclusion in ufc games previously had inspired other fighters with a similar skin pigment complexion to pursue to pursue the sport which builds to the importance of inclusiveness in gaming and similar media.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
huh?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
It's Friday! The best show of the week is back!

ONE Friday morning fights starts in about 15 minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aycCCHz-D-A

And, there is a ONE card tonight on Prime as well!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
2 fights in and we got a great knee KO and now a comeback kneebar!

coathat
May 21, 2007

And followed by a last second comeback KO in the next fight

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Yah, are you making fun of him, or?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

kri kri posted:

Glad Nate is getting paid

:same: op.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Mekchu posted:

very excited for the return of scott jorgensen this weekend

Making a character look like they have vitiligo and naming him Scott Jorgensen is passé.

Make a character who looks like Tra Telligman and I'll be impressed.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Begging marc goddard to run in here to wave off some posts

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

I also don't totally understand but I do love Ministry

coathat
May 21, 2007

Spectacular Friday Fights. No notes, perfect show.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Somehow ONE put on another great morning card.

Really makes the morning fly by at work as I barely get any down and focus on watching people get knocked out.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

beep by grandpa posted:

Begging marc goddard to run in here to wave off some posts

Sorry, we're stuck with Herb Dean, so nothing will stop until we have 5 or 6 more bad posts before he steps in.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That's a weird way of spelling Steve Mazzagatti.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Kim Winslow ineffectively flailing at hands to stop the posts from happening

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Whatever is happening here is less important than this

https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/1687470962063601666

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
:siren:

B-League Weekend Round-Up (08/05/2023)

PFL Playoffs!

ONE Championship!

Paul vs Diaz!

PFL Playoffs start this weekend. Prelims include Billy Elekana, a guy with amateur wins over Bryan “Pooh Bear” Battle and Sullivan Cauley, one of Bellator’s up-and-coming prospects taking on Chuck Campbell, who’s two pro losses are to Tyrell Fortune, another Bellator prospect and Modestas Bukauskas, who is currently riding a 4-fight win streak in the UFC. There’s also Carson Hardman in action, and he’s notable to me because his most recent fight was a win against Super Fight League’s own Bhabajeet Choudhury, which is a name I have not thought about in a long time. We’ve also got Thad Jean, who has an amateur win over PFL 2022 Championship participant Dilano Taylor, taking on Ali Omar, who has a 36-second anaconda choke victory against Jay Ellis back in 2019.

On the main card, there’s a sole non-playoff bout, as Elvin Espinoza brings his 8-0 record with 7 finishes to bear against Bellator veteran Keoni Diggs. In the playoffs proper, we have Light Heavyweight and Featherweight action.

Marthin Hamlet went 2-0 with a Quick Six via face crank, and he takes on Impa Kasanganay, who was also 2-0 in 2023, including a Fast Five by way of arm triangle choke. Also in the 205-lb division, Josh Silveira takes his pair of Quick Six finishes into action against Ty Flores, who won a pair of decisions in the regular season.

Down at Featherweight, sadly Movlid Khaybulaev is out due to injury. Replacing him will be Chris Wade, who went 1-1 in 2023 with a Quick Six guillotine choke, as he faces Gabriel Alves Braga. Braga went 2-0, including a Quick Six when he put Marlon Moraes out of his misery. On the other side of the bracket, Bubba Jenkins went 2-0 this year, including a Quick Six of his own, while his foe, Jesus Pinedo punched his ticket with his knees, knocking out Brendan Loughnane for his lone victory in the regular season.

ONE Championship is back with a pretty solid event. We’ve got some interesting stuff on this card, so let’s peel back the layers and dive right in. Heavyweight action between Marcus Buchecha and the mighty REUG REUG should be an interesting test between a man that punches hard for about thirty seconds and a man who wants nothing more than to flop on his butt.

Speaking of punching hard, JOHN FUCKIN LINEKER is back in action as he takes his murderfists up against the face and torso of Jae Woong Kim. In more striking fun times, Tawanchai PK Saenchai takes on Davit Kiria in 155-lb kickboxing action that should be super fun.

Grappling nerd Mikey Muscumeci will probably submit Jarred Brooks via gabbagooloplata to notch another defense of his submission title.

The main event is another kickboxing bout, with Chingiz Allazov taking on Marat Grigorian. Rad!

The dumbest event of the weekend is saved for Saturday night: Jake Paul vs Nate Diaz. Cee Jay Hamilton, who is 1-2 in Bellator, is making his boxing debut against a 1-3 guy. Nate Diaz’s friend, Chris Avila, is taking on Jeremy “Hasn’t won by stoppage since 2018” Stephens.

There’s also somehow a legitimate fight, as Amanda Serrano takes on Heather Hardy in a rematch from 2019.

Of course, the real shitshow is the main event, as professional moron Jake Paul takes on former part-time MMA fighter and full time weed enjoyer, Nate Diaz. Is it going to be incredibly stupid? Yes, of course. Should anyone willingly watch it? Probably not! Am I the type of horrid goblin that’s gonna watch it anyway? yeah, unfortunately.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
PFL and ONE's card both been really good tonight

Today has been a great day for mma fights

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Marcus Buchecha vs "Reug Reug" Oumar Kane is a fight for the ages

Just pure glorious heavyweight MMA action.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Those were two of the tiredest men i've ever seen

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

JOHN FUCKIN LINEKER TIME

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Lineker is a tiny tiny man with murder in his fists

edit: JOHN loving LINEKER

Rags to Liches fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Aug 5, 2023

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

JOHN loving LINEKER!!!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

LobsterMobster posted:

JOHN loving LINEKER!!!

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Just caught up on Harrisons win from yesterday. Holy shitttttt. Those right hands were out of this world

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4038692

GDT for Sandhagen/Font is up. This feels low energy as hell but we're doing it anyway. Prelims in 30.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I love that Lineker has moved on to missing weight in all new weight classes.

CarlCX posted:

Whatever is happening here is less important than this

https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/1687470962063601666

BOUNCE WITH ME BOUNCE WITH ME

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
This deserves to be in this thread https://twitter.com/RoFlo/status/1687990824821272576

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
nice. what was the issue tho lol