Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many of this month's B-league main eventers do you recognize without googling?
This poll is closed.
Logan Storley 16 9.20%
Brennan Ward 17 9.77%
Chingiz Allazov 13 7.47%
Marat Grigorian 7 4.02%
Bubba Jenkins 21 12.07%
Jesus Pinedo 4 2.30%
Renan Ferreira 7 4.02%
Maurice Greene 24 13.79%
Clay Collard 22 12.64%
Shane Burgos 43 24.71%
Total: 46 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Nate’s really handicapped without the option of the Stockton Slap or the Middle Finger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

ChaosReaper posted:

Nate's tired as poo poo.
first time watching a nate fight?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I can't stop watching this stupid poo poo

It's a good low level boxing fight.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The Vaunted Diaz Cardio

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I can't stop watching this stupid poo poo

Turn on your monitor.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
This is miserable, but it's still a lot more entertaining to watch than Mayweather vs. Pacquiao, which was the first and only boxing PPV I ever bought. The misery factor is more about the people/businesses involved.

edit: I also 100% believe that Paul is overselling Diaz's punches just to try to hype the crowd and build drama. He knows he's the heel.

surf rock fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Aug 6, 2023

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

surf rock posted:

This is miserable, but it's still a lot more entertaining to watch than Mayweather vs. Pacquiao, which was the first and only boxing PPV I ever bought. The misery factor is more about the people/businesses involved.

unironically outside of the awesome Tyson Fury fights the best boxing fight for pure entertainment of the past five years was McGregor v Mayweather

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Best boxing in the last few years has been the Gypsy King, every fight of his is a masterclass.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lets loving go nate!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
THE STOCKTON HEAD NUDGE

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
lmao please nate

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
giblert

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
nate currently looking like he needs an inhaler, gilert "we would win in 20 rounds"

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

teemolover42069 posted:

I hope after the fight nate laughs at him and says he didn't train a day and never took it seriously and then never fights again.

I really want this to happen now

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Maybe try for the “suck it” I guess

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
it's pretty funny hearing the commentators become Diaz fans in real time

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

All the clout chasers ring side not even watching the fight in the between rounds replay lol.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

demanding the fight have two extra rounds so you can do nothing but pose and be a dick during them is the most diaz thing possible

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

it's pretty funny hearing the commentators become Diaz fans in real time

lol

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

lol Nate with the straight up guillioutine

delightful
Jul 20, 2022
9-1 Nate

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Paul tied Nate up for like 20 seconds there. Bitch rear end lady move. Moral victory goes to Stockton.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

paul didnt do a pose in a single round. nate did at least 1 pose in every one. 100-90 diaz

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

what the gently caress is a robut doing here

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
nate lost on stockton rules the most shameful diaz

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Ringo Roadagain posted:

paul didnt do a pose in a single round. nate did at least 1 pose in every one. 100-90 diaz

Nate always up in Significant Poses.

delightful
Jul 20, 2022
Logan Paul must've jumped on a flight immediately after his match at Summerslam.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

jake is just so lame lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

that was way funner than it had a right to be thanks diaz as usual.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Alright I'll defer to goons, was it exciting like you guys said it would be, or boring like I thought it would be? I'll watch it later, maybe.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Sure, don't mention your millions you had, Jake

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Grem posted:

Alright I'll defer to goons, was it exciting like you guys said it would be, or boring like I thought it would be? I'll watch it later, maybe.

i doubt your mind will be changed based on this fight so no

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Grem posted:

I only watch these fights to post along with goons so I'm gonna so nah

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Grem posted:

It was mildly entertaining I guess. The result was inevitable after the first round. It was kinda cool to see Nate keep coming, but he also has no power in his punches so there was no chance of him knocking Paul out or even down.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Grem posted:

honestly? both.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Grem posted:

It was a curiosity to see if Jake Paul would gas out before the end and get overtaken by a gassed Diaz.

Had a knockdown that was more sad than thrilling.

Tangy Zizzle
Aug 22, 2007
- brad
after the commentary on the UFC card last night - what are the odds that Bisping and Cruz ever work together again?

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

I’m shocked people are still amused by and have questions about Jake Paul fighting older, smaller, shot guys from a different sport. He’s a promotional marvel, I thought the gimmick would’ve died when he lost to the one boxer he fought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

I’m shocked people are still amused by and have questions about Jake Paul fighting older, smaller, shot guys from a different sport. He’s a promotional marvel, I thought the gimmick would’ve died when he lost to the one boxer he fought.

Last night when I was watching the ufc fights on an assuredly legal platform which happened to have a random chat attached to it, about every 20 seconds people were popping in to ask about Jake Paul. Some of them clearly thought he was fighting on the UFC card.

As much as we hate to admit it, Diaz was the B side of that fight. Paul could sell PPVs with him fighting a straw boy.