Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many of this month's B-league main eventers do you recognize without googling?
This poll is closed.
Logan Storley 16 9.20%
Brennan Ward 17 9.77%
Chingiz Allazov 13 7.47%
Marat Grigorian 7 4.02%
Bubba Jenkins 21 12.07%
Jesus Pinedo 4 2.30%
Renan Ferreira 7 4.02%
Maurice Greene 24 13.79%
Clay Collard 22 12.64%
Shane Burgos 43 24.71%
Total: 46 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

does it count if you mostly recognize logan storely for sucking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

He sells well when people think he might finally get his comeuppance

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

LobsterMobster posted:

- Usman Nurmagomedov puts his Lightweight belt and undefeated record on the line as he clashes with former champ Brent Primus in the next round of the Lightweight Grand Prix

This is somehow the funniest one to me

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

if anyone wants to see a worse fight than rose - esparza turn on bellator immediately

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

CommonShore posted:

I couldn't find it - was it hte Justine Kish one?

yup

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

CarlCX posted:

I mean, objectively, no. Did he win and thus prove he's the #1 guy? Totally. Did he deserve the shot? Not really. The two can, and with more regularity are, becoming entirely separate things.

We will have this conversation again in December when Sean O'Malley is fighting Marlon Vera instead of Merab Dvalishvili.

Who deserved it more though?

Maybe Vera but wasn't he already booked? And Sean was on a longer win streak.
Merab won't fight him.
He already beat Sandhagen
He already beat Munhoz
He already beat Yan
He already beat Cejudo
He already beat TJ
Font lost 3/5
Dom just got KO'd
Umar only has like 4 UFC fights.

Really imo the problem is theY rushed the fight. Should have let Aljo recover a bit and let the division produce a contendor.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

mewse posted:

Two reactions:

- God I hope he's getting paid
- The UFC had to authorize that clip at the beginning (probably? fair use?) which implies they're taking a cut

I think part of the new contracts that came about because of the lawsuit gives fighters the ability to license a limited number of photos and short clips.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Absolutely savage KO in the first DWCS fight just now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

The UFC put out a terrible YT short of TKZ's walk out of the cage, in that stupid vertical format so he's not even in frame for part of the critical moment.
It does stay on the main camera longer, but that even takes away from the magic of people singing Zombie in the stands.

and despite all that, it has the most views of the recent wave of shorts except for Anthony Smith standing over Ryan Spann.
The popular tab of shorts is mostly Power Slap.

I uploaded my streamable copy to YT; dunno how long this'll last.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZsRT1D6Em0

I always assumed large companies would film on professional cameras and then pan and scan into the desire aspect ratio for different devices, until I noticed the UFC just literally has an employee pointing her iphone at people