Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many of this month's B-league main eventers do you recognize without googling?
This poll is closed.
Logan Storley 16 9.20%
Brennan Ward 17 9.77%
Chingiz Allazov 13 7.47%
Marat Grigorian 7 4.02%
Bubba Jenkins 21 12.07%
Jesus Pinedo 4 2.30%
Renan Ferreira 7 4.02%
Maurice Greene 24 13.79%
Clay Collard 22 12.64%
Shane Burgos 43 24.71%
Total: 46 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Snowman_McK posted:

That's actually worked quite well for Nate himself. Getting knocked out by Thompson didn't count because Thompson was making bitch rear end lady sounds.

I absolutely love how this makes the loss less humiliating using the Diaz rubrik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Grem posted:

As much as I want Nate to win Jake is probably close to legit because he has infinite money and time to spend on training and from all accounts takes it seriously. Nate's boxing isn't going to translate well to bigger gloves. It's going to be, at best, boring as hell, and Jake will probably win by decision.

i'm trying to remember a diaz fight on the feet that was boring.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

drat man that sounds like it sucks.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

er, none of that looked like it particularly hurt nate. i must not be watching the same fight lol.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

got 50 on nate by points and 50 by nate to tko in 6-10

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

nate if you knock him out too fast i will be really unamused.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I can't stop watching this stupid poo poo

It's a good low level boxing fight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

it's pretty funny hearing the commentators become Diaz fans in real time

lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

that was way funner than it had a right to be thanks diaz as usual.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Grem posted:

Alright I'll defer to goons, was it exciting like you guys said it would be, or boring like I thought it would be? I'll watch it later, maybe.

i doubt your mind will be changed based on this fight so no

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CarlCX posted:

https://twitter.com/ONEChampionship/status/1688399568201773056

ONE going so far into striking over MMA that it somehow invented boxing

lol 'come check out these epic new rules of just punches and a 10 point must scoring system'

who are these women anyway the advertisement makes it seem like some sort of super fight

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

derrick lewis's last performance was all-time. i'm so glad i tuned in to see that. he is a fantastic fight fan's fighter. previous to this his high water mark was a million fights ago back in 2018 where alexander volkov beat the poo poo out of lewis for 2.9 rounds before lewis shut his lights out in the closing seconds. and he had the decency to lose to mark hunt. 10/10 no notes.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Taktarov used to be my favourite fighter when I rented early ufc on tape as a child in the 90s. This is very sad.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

everything i said is wrong

writing about mma events-to-come lets you enjoy an aspect of betting on mma without betting on mma.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Snowman_McK posted:

At one point I had plans to write an MMA blog. I wrote up my predictions for the Whittaker/Brunson card (Whittaker's middleweight debut) as a practice article, to get my eye in. I got literally every fight wrong and abandoned the idea, preferring private embarassment to public.

if you could achieve that level of incompetence consistently, I would follow your blog religiously and sleep in money.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

BlindSite posted:

Predictions in sport is always hard. It's why we watch it as much as anything. I never judge anyone too badly for taking a stance rather than getting splinters in their rear end going "oh well maybe if this then this" kinda bullshit.

I actually quite enjoy the way sometimes I completely disagree with someone elses prediction because it's kinda fun to be proven wrong like I was when Pantera won the title.

my current avatar is probably my favourite because it reminds me constantly that taking strong stances is rad and it entertains people whether you're extremely wrong (me) or extremely right (jase, rip).

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

that's about as good as that barboza one when it comes to a guy getting hit with an invisible mallet

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

reeg posted:

Aljo has finished 7 fights in the UFC alone, including a vicious knee in the first Yan fight

lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Steroids are insane lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

lol again

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Was it Mike Brown that someone described as looking like an out of work roofer

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

kimbo305 posted:

Clipped the end of the Max x TKZ fight when Zombie is wrapping up and walking out of the cage for the last time:
[this has sound but it might not embed that way]
https://i.imgur.com/1jPHXEJ.mp4
The crowd picking up the chorus of the song as he walks out the door and gets the spotlight is incredible. It's kinda rare that there's anything cinematic outside the cage, but this one gave me goosebumps.

Longer version: https://streamable.com/3f0n60

thank you so much for this. excuse me while i be emotionally honest for a sec. tkz was one half of my favourite fight of all time until rory / robbie 2 happened. what he and poirier did in there was some of the sickest, most violent, and most desperate displays of brutality i've seen to this day. he won.

watching what volk did to him literally upset me. he looked like he was moving through molasses. why on god's earth they sanctioned a fight with max i'll never know, but i couldn't watch it.

i feel comfortable dropping the sarcasm and irony in this case. as he walked out of the cage and i heard the crowd i didn't feel very alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

0-39-0 :stare:

Brother... I don't think fighting is for you....

'Fighting' is a strong word for what my man does. Donate? Sacrifice?