Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many of this month's B-league main eventers do you recognize without googling?
This poll is closed.
Logan Storley 16 9.20%
Brennan Ward 17 9.77%
Chingiz Allazov 13 7.47%
Marat Grigorian 7 4.02%
Bubba Jenkins 21 12.07%
Jesus Pinedo 4 2.30%
Renan Ferreira 7 4.02%
Maurice Greene 24 13.79%
Clay Collard 22 12.64%
Shane Burgos 43 24.71%
Total: 46 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
That's actually worked quite well for Nate himself. Getting knocked out by Thompson didn't count because Thompson was making bitch rear end lady sounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I love that Lineker has moved on to missing weight in all new weight classes.

CarlCX posted:

Whatever is happening here is less important than this

https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/1687470962063601666

BOUNCE WITH ME BOUNCE WITH ME

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

CommonShore posted:

Last night when I was watching the ufc fights on an assuredly legal platform which happened to have a random chat attached to it, about every 20 seconds people were popping in to ask about Jake Paul. Some of them clearly thought he was fighting on the UFC card.

As much as we hate to admit it, Diaz was the B side of that fight. Paul could sell PPVs with him fighting a straw boy.

Not really, he's got wildly inconsistent buy rates, selling well against Fury, awfully against Silva, sort of well for Woodley and then very badly for the second fight with Woodley. He absolutely needs a credible opponent to sell.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
At one point I had plans to write an MMA blog. I wrote up my predictions for the Whittaker/Brunson card (Whittaker's middleweight debut) as a practice article, to get my eye in. I got literally every fight wrong and abandoned the idea, preferring private embarassment to public.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Sean O'Malley fuckin' sucks.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Brut posted:

Yup. Really stupid he's getting a title shot on the back of this

He's talked about as if he's some dilletante newcomer who's showing up the pros. He's been in the UFC for longer than Yan or Sandhagen and is 28 years old. He just looks twelve and hasn't beaten anyone who matters or is real. To be in the UFC for as long as he has and not pick up a single impressive win over anyone who matters or who's even still with the company is, in its own way, impressive. He hasn't even knocked out Cody Garbrandt, a key rite of passage for Bantamweights.

The funniest part was when he fought human punching bag Kris Moutinho, getting a stoppage after three comically one sided rounds where O'Malley couldn't quite finish a man who was barely conscious, only for Moutinho to get knocked out in a minute by Guido Cannetti in his next fight. In case you're unaware, Cannetti loving sucks too.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

kimbo305 posted:

What happened with Serra-Longo? I haven’t followed that team or Weidman’s training closely. Did Serra retire?

I wonder which man has the least regressive views on gender. Aljo showed himself with the insult on O’Malley.

Aljo was hanging out with Andrew Tate or some other right wing grifter not that long ago. gently caress him even if he made Yan fans cry.

DoombatINC posted:

christ on a bike, did he order gear from Krypton

edit: his abs look like videogame plate mail and his arms are wider around than his waist hahahaha hes developed the proportions of an SF6 character

I always used to say he moved a lot like a street fighter character. The way he could close distance and punch was balrog or dudley esque. I wouldn't be surprised if he could actually pull off an S-Art now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
God I wish I had some steroids.