Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many of this month's B-league main eventers do you recognize without googling?
This poll is closed.
Logan Storley 16 9.20%
Brennan Ward 17 9.77%
Chingiz Allazov 13 7.47%
Marat Grigorian 7 4.02%
Bubba Jenkins 21 12.07%
Jesus Pinedo 4 2.30%
Renan Ferreira 7 4.02%
Maurice Greene 24 13.79%
Clay Collard 22 12.64%
Shane Burgos 43 24.71%
Total: 46 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

and the stupidest fight begins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

oh god this is 10 rounds

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

nate has an quantifiable charisma

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

paul didnt do a pose in a single round. nate did at least 1 pose in every one. 100-90 diaz

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Grem posted:

Alright I'll defer to goons, was it exciting like you guys said it would be, or boring like I thought it would be? I'll watch it later, maybe.

honestly? both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

Disclaimer: this post isn't meant to be disingenuous/inflammatory, genuinely asking for those who remember better, ty!

What IS the dana white privilege malley got to enjoy specifically? IIRC o'malley certainly had a much longer UFC run up to title than the likes of izzy, pereira and chandler, only difference being those guys were all undefeated beforehand while o'malley was not. The petr yan decision was bullshit but wasn't ultimately up to dana (tho with his stopping aljo kinda renders that moot now. he def deserved the shot). Best I can think of were that most of his fights were cans leading up to the top 10?

another one I can think of for omalley is that all but two of his fights have been on ppv main cards. his first fight in the ufc was second from the top of a ultimate fighter finale. then like his 3rd or 4th fight was at the top of a ppv prelim. everything else was ppv main card fights. fairly crazy for a guy without any sort of legacy outside the ufc.

CarlCX posted:

And three are the circumstances surrounding the title fight itself. Dana shits on everyone who sits around waiting for a title shot, but Sean O'Malley got his victory over Petr Yan last October and the UFC didn't even try to book him at any point in that interim, while every other bantamweight contender fought once or sometimes twice and, in some cases, are already booked for a third. They had him sit around and wait for a title shot so as not to jeopardize it, and they were so bent on it that when Aljamain rightfully pointed out that he'd defended the belt twice in that time and really needed more than three months to recover from injuries and actually prepare for a title fight, Dana White very publicly told him to get hosed and that Sean O'Malley was fighting for a championship either with him or without him.

completely forgot about this bullshit

Ringo Roadagain fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Aug 20, 2023