Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many of this month's B-league main eventers do you recognize without googling?
This poll is closed.
Logan Storley 16 9.20%
Brennan Ward 17 9.77%
Chingiz Allazov 13 7.47%
Marat Grigorian 7 4.02%
Bubba Jenkins 21 12.07%
Jesus Pinedo 4 2.30%
Renan Ferreira 7 4.02%
Maurice Greene 24 13.79%
Clay Collard 22 12.64%
Shane Burgos 43 24.71%
Total: 46 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I just turned it on and jake paul was walking out with a guy who was wrapped in bandages like a mummy or something? I'm too old for this I don't understand what I'm seeing

He had a mic and it looked like he was going to rap during the ringwalk, then he just didn't?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Well this is sad.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
lmao at Nate just walking around the ring

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Grem posted:

Alright I'll defer to goons, was it exciting like you guys said it would be, or boring like I thought it would be? I'll watch it later, maybe.

It was mildly entertaining I guess. The result was inevitable after the first round. It was kinda cool to see Nate keep coming, but he also has no power in his punches so there was no chance of him knocking Paul out or even down.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

I’m shocked people are still amused by and have questions about Jake Paul fighting older, smaller, shot guys from a different sport. He’s a promotional marvel, I thought the gimmick would’ve died when he lost to the one boxer he fought.

It was kind of interesting seeing where a fit, relatively athletic guy would fall within mma fighters and boxers, and how mma fighter boxing therefore compared to boxers. I think that this and the fury fight probably answered all the questions that could be asked, though. Paul is about as good as a semi-pro boxer, which it turns out is a pretty high level among mma fighters.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Hey posting pals, with all this bad news, I think we could all use some good news’s fortunately, I have some:

Mike Perry is the backup to fight Logan Paul in the likely event that Dillon Danis backs out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I’ve done some research and I’m kinda shocked how many of the lamentable dust men are actually in shape. I assumed that guys padding records in mma would be homeless or otherwise in crisis, but that doesn’t seem to be the case and I have no idea what to make of that.