Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many of this month's B-league main eventers do you recognize without googling?
This poll is closed.
Logan Storley 16 9.20%
Brennan Ward 17 9.77%
Chingiz Allazov 13 7.47%
Marat Grigorian 7 4.02%
Bubba Jenkins 21 12.07%
Jesus Pinedo 4 2.30%
Renan Ferreira 7 4.02%
Maurice Greene 24 13.79%
Clay Collard 22 12.64%
Shane Burgos 43 24.71%
Total: 46 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
hoping someone will just post a gif of jake paul getting Stockton Slapped and i never have to learn anything else about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Marching Powder posted:

my current avatar is probably my favourite because it reminds me constantly that taking strong stances is rad and it entertains people whether you're extremely wrong (me) or extremely right (jase, rip).
I actually don’t know what that Rogan reaction is from, but someone spliced it with Costa’s nut shot on Rockhold and I can’t imagine anything else.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Aug 13, 2023

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Threads was the number-one social media app until day 2 when everyone realized it sucks.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Part of me is curious how they structured the in-app purchases.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Angry_Ed posted:

In-slap purchases
September title plz

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

ilmucche posted:

Now it's all about bluesky, which is going to be equally as poo poo. Wasn't there already one that crashed and burned because they said they weren't going to stifle antisemitism?
You’ll have to be much more specific.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Lid posted:

O'Malley couldn't even back up Kalib Starnes if he had a pitchfork and a gun.
O’Malley is bad box art for a mid-90’s Build engine FPS

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Can I write in Francis?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
That was like reading a short Carl post if you first made him snort crushed Essence of Manyak

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Eat This Glob posted:

jesus loving christ i hope the winter hill gang reforms solely to find dana white and whip his rear end for doing mobster poo poo on their watch
would really enjoy seeing dana get whipped with jai-alai balls

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

gently caress the UFC but also Khabib was pre Rebook deal? My sense of the timeline is all hosed up.
Pre-Venum, I think. Reebok came around in... 2015?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Mike Perry seems like the kinda guy who would pay $10 for the orange flavour of Prime.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

CommonShore posted:

Did he get the tattoo of his kids feet covered? If so lol
It’s a deft coverup absent any moral judgement.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I’m surprised Muay Thai with 4oz gloves doesn’t start looking more like Karate, but maybe there are rules I’ve forgotten…?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

kimbo305 posted:

Clinch rules mean you always have the closer range to work in. I don't really see much karate competition, but even in Kyokushin, they don't seem to get time to work indefinitely in the clinch.

I've hardly seen any continuous rules competition that allows punches to the head.

I think largely it's just the background of the competitors. They're used to damage over cleanness of strikes as scoring criteria, so can't adjust their style overnight.
All good points. I confess I was bored into leaving early when I last watched Pan-Am level Shotokan (not to mention the lady in the stands repeatedly screaming VENEZUELAAAAAAA even when neither athlete was from there). Plus Muay Thai has fouls for a bunch of the good takedowns / sweeps iirc.