Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many of this month's B-league main eventers do you recognize without googling?
This poll is closed.
Logan Storley 16 9.20%
Brennan Ward 17 9.77%
Chingiz Allazov 13 7.47%
Marat Grigorian 7 4.02%
Bubba Jenkins 21 12.07%
Jesus Pinedo 4 2.30%
Renan Ferreira 7 4.02%
Maurice Greene 24 13.79%
Clay Collard 22 12.64%
Shane Burgos 43 24.71%
Total: 46 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Wrong thread oops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Begging marc goddard to run in here to wave off some posts

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Jake Paul is the modern version of Andy Kaufman wrestling only women except the celebrations are not a bit

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I love bisping mainly cuz he just sounds like he's having so much fun up there

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Carla just had a baby or is about to have a baby I saw

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Nierbo posted:

Not sure about that but the power slap app is going gangbusters.

This doesn't even look real lmao

it's like someone invented white power slap just to make dana look as foolish and clownish as possible

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

it looks like a minigame from saints row 2

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Brut posted:

Sure, that can be the title for the power slap thread, but not this one. there is no power slap thread and nobody here is willing to embarrass themselves enough to make one

just experienced an intense roller coaster of emotions between the first sentence and second one here

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I have no problems with O'Malley personally, he's a very entertaining fighter. But I am a little slut for watching Dana hilariously, embarrassingly not get his way more than the alternative so I'll be rooting for a very quick uneventful finish.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Disclaimer: this post isn't meant to be disingenuous/inflammatory, genuinely asking for those who remember better, ty!

What IS the dana white privilege malley got to enjoy specifically? IIRC o'malley certainly had a much longer UFC run up to title than the likes of izzy, pereira and chandler, only difference being those guys were all undefeated beforehand while o'malley was not. The petr yan decision was bullshit but wasn't ultimately up to dana (tho with his stopping aljo kinda renders that moot now. he def deserved the shot). Best I can think of were that most of his fights were cans leading up to the top 10?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Thanks for the wonderful answers, this is truly the best and most knowledgeable group of posters out there :c00l:

It did make me realize right away that, and if you re-read my question in this context that before I read these posts I was extremely narrowly defining "Dana White privilege" as simply work towards a title shot and nothing else. I think that's cause that's how how I defined it in my head when I first heard Tony Ferguson(?) coin the term. But yeah all the other variables- promotion, PPV priority, etc really affects a fighter's ability to earn a living and pick up fights, not just how close they get to the belt. Good poo poo in here as always. That said, I am kind of a little happy for Sean O'Malley cause he definitely proved everybody wrong including myself who thought he didn't stand a chance out there to stand with Aljo, who's looked pretty much invincible other than the Petr fights.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Every time I click on this thread I think it's the Derrick Lewis thread, and honestly not a bad thing

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

ilmucche posted:

There's a Derrick Lewis thread?

Just noticed how my phone formats the thread title on the app looool

Only registered members can see post attachments!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Watching that beautiful video again (thanks kimbo!), it didn't strike me till the very end when they start talking again that the commentators very smartly shut the gently caress up and just let the moment speak for itself.

This feels like that NFL punt block/touchdown that the New Orleans Saints got on their division rivals the Atlanta Falcons in the opening minutes of their very first home game in 2006 after hurricane katrina had ravaged the city, gutted entire communities, killed and displaced many, many people and took out their stadium. Very powerful moment, the commentator said later he knew in the moment to shut the gently caress up and let it breathe. If this interested you, there's a lot that's been written about on this moment. Lots of comments from ppl saying they cried their eyes out when this happened. I really love stuff like this.

https://youtu.be/MIGgBhNtOP4

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Aug 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

close this poo poo