Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many of this month's B-league main eventers do you recognize without googling?
This poll is closed.
Logan Storley 16 9.20%
Brennan Ward 17 9.77%
Chingiz Allazov 13 7.47%
Marat Grigorian 7 4.02%
Bubba Jenkins 21 12.07%
Jesus Pinedo 4 2.30%
Renan Ferreira 7 4.02%
Maurice Greene 24 13.79%
Clay Collard 22 12.64%
Shane Burgos 43 24.71%
Total: 46 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm glad I'm not the only person who only recognized Shane Burgos' name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

kri kri posted:

Glad Nate is getting paid

:same: op.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Tangy Zizzle posted:

after the commentary on the UFC card last night - what are the odds that Bisping and Cruz ever work together again?

I didn't watch. Was there another fight between them on air?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I think that Paul didn't really do as well as a boxer up two mma weight classes over a guy should. I wish I could see Jake vs Nick Diaz from 10 years ago instead. Nick is actually his size and would have hosed him up while talking poo poo to him. Nate, on the other hand, just clowned and boxed his ears up pretty good. He did better than I expected after the rd1 knockdown and actually had Paul in trouble in places, but I don't think the outcome of the fight was ever in question considering the sheer size difference.

Jake should fight Mike Perry next. Not because he's the right size, but just because the bareknuckle match with rockhold was awesome, and I think that match would have a hilarious outcome either way.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Yeah. If Paul is boxing Danis just what the gently caress is going on? Who would sanction that match?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I got the pauls mixed up.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Brut posted:

Yeah, I don't think anyone's arguing that O'Malley is a bad person because the UFC is promoting him, or because he won a split decision that he shouldn't have. There's a strong argument to be made though that the UFC is promoting him because he's a bad person(see one post up^), because they want a new Conor, who is, not at all coincidentally, also a bad person.

There's a simpler explanation. Dana loves people who kiss his rear end, and Conor and O'Malley both play that game very well. If you kiss Dana White's rear end enough, he'll give you a quarter million for a random gift. If you don't kiss his rear end enough, you get zero promotion and cut regardless of how skilled you actually are.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

What has O'Malley's pay been like? That could be another example of DWP.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The discussion about suplexes in the feedback thread got me down a rabbit hole. I stumbled across this video and had to share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEJxVOL5Qy8

The full fight is available if you want to watch this spread out over fifteen minutes. IIRC, Trujillo talked some trash in the leadup to the fight saying that he was a college wrestler for four years and that Khabib couldn't outwrestle him. Khabib, in turn, didn't really even try to fight him. He just ragdolls him for almost fifteen minutes straight. He even gets two more takedowns in the last 10 seconds of the fight just to hammer down who is the better wrestler.

ilmucche posted:

There's a Derrick Lewis thread?

You're posting in it, friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4ZW4389EeM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

kimbo305 posted:

This is probably the biggest sponsorship coup for any brand in the last quarter century

https://youtu.be/7Zggju941Qs?si=nbiWK5imYFKGSiKq

This is incredible.