Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many of this month's B-league main eventers do you recognize without googling?
This poll is closed.
Logan Storley 16 9.20%
Brennan Ward 17 9.77%
Chingiz Allazov 13 7.47%
Marat Grigorian 7 4.02%
Bubba Jenkins 21 12.07%
Jesus Pinedo 4 2.30%
Renan Ferreira 7 4.02%
Maurice Greene 24 13.79%
Clay Collard 22 12.64%
Shane Burgos 43 24.71%
Total: 46 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Nate’s really handicapped without the option of the Stockton Slap or the Middle Finger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Maybe try for the “suck it” I guess

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Paul tied Nate up for like 20 seconds there. Bitch rear end lady move. Moral victory goes to Stockton.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Ringo Roadagain posted:

paul didnt do a pose in a single round. nate did at least 1 pose in every one. 100-90 diaz

Nate always up in Significant Poses.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Trillhouse posted:

i think about the look on carla's face during the walkout against joanna all the time.

joanna was loudly hitting pads in the greenroom next to carla before the fight and you could tell carla was shook.

What a hilarious career she’s had

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

CommonShore posted:

Primus has a weird ability to win fights where he doesn't stand a chance tho

Lol at Michael Chandler having to pull the ol lay and pray to win their rematch.

I don’t want Cat Zingano to take Cyborg punches to the head.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

So the plaintiffs in that lawsuit against the UFC (Cung Le, Jon Fitch, etc) got a W today.

https://bloodyelbow.com/2023/08/10/ufc-antitrust-lawsuit-certified-power/

https://www.cbssports.com/mma/news/ufc-antitrust-lawsuit-plaintiffs-granted-class-certification-in-decade-long-fight-for-fighter-rights/ (this article is shorter and has a nice bulleted summary)

KEY POINTS:

- The judge granted them class action certification, so the ~1200 fighters who fought for Zuffa from 2010-2017 can join the lawsuit.

- They’re seeking $811 million to $1.6 billion in damages.

- The judge stated that the UFC engaged in anticompetitive practices and ruthless, coercive techniques to prevent fighters from becoming free agents.

- The court can now set a date for the suit to move forward, barring any successful appeal.

Hopefully it’ll lead to some restitution and better contracts for fighters in general.

E: From an older article covering subpoenaed UFC internal communication and deposition from mean little fucker Joe Silva

quote:

Silva’s negotiating style is also on display in emails from April 2010, when he discussed his approach to trying to re-sign Nick Diaz (see Extract 4). “I lowballed them on purpose the first offer knowing they would turn it down,” wrote Silva. “How bout I come back with 29+29, 32+32, 35+35, 38+38. If they turn it down I put him in a prelim against a really tough guy for his last fight.”

In his deposition Silva was asked about this tactic of giving a fighter a “really tough guy” for their final fight, if they have refused to re-up with the UFC. Talking about the Diaz situation, Silva said he would have given Diaz a “tough guy regardless”, but conceded that he was more likely to give a fighter who re-upped a slot on a main card versus a fighter who was fighting out their contract.

FishBowlRobot fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Aug 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

Lol, I didn't know Scott Fujita did the Chinese martial arts salute to celebrate tackles

mike-goldberg-bruce-lee-tombstone.jpg