Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Now I want this to happen.

:hfive:

Hell yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

It just says "server error". Which is about what I expect from Carolina this year.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:rubby:

quote:

David Tepper's five years owning the Panthers have come at a cost of $75,862,069 per win, and that doesn't include the playoff games, of which there have been none. But he has had five coaches including the new guy, Frank Reich, whose offense was allegedly too clever for the Indianapolis Colts, which means that Tepper likes being involved, and we all know how involved owners do. Bryce Young will be the ninth starting quarterback in the Tepper era, so bet accordingly.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Eh he's only really had 3 head coaches in 5 years and cams shoudler got exploded by a cheap shot his first year.

It's not that crazy really.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I could literally only name 3 of those starting QBs and that's because two of them are in the last two posts

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

GD_American posted:

I could literally only name 3 of those starting QBs and that's because two of them are in the last two posts

Teddy Bridgewater started the carousel when Matt Rhule came in and Cam got cut. Before that we had the whole Kyle Allen and Taylor Heinecke nonsense when Cam got injured.

The forgotten dude, for me, was Will Grier :lol:

I really, really hope that Bryce Young is good.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Yeah, the article's not wrong in saying that he's a bad owner; yeah, Cam's shoulder exploding was out of his control, but I have the feeling he would have been cleaning house even if things hadn't gone to poo poo.

But anyways,

ozymandius1024 posted:

I really, really hope that Bryce Young is good.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

enjoying lots of ronde barber content on the tl today

https://twitter.com/ProFootballHOF/status/1687901310475980800

https://twitter.com/Buccaneers/status/1687855990312517632?t=vonP6mwrk1DubDJ_recZbg&s=19

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose

It's good to hear from ol' Tiki.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah, the article's not wrong in saying that he's a bad owner; yeah, Cam's shoulder exploding was out of his control, but I have the feeling he would have been cleaning house even if things hadn't gone to poo poo.

But anyways,

I think he's just an average owner. tbh I think we'll find out more now than we did in the previous regime. At least we have a coach that wants a modern team that can win a SB and will keep on it until we do rather than one of the octogenarians who are happy to have billions and don't care about the team, or the last idiot who wanted to play 1970s ball control football.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

BlindSite posted:

I think he's just an average owner. tbh I think we'll find out more now than we did in the previous regime. At least we have a coach that wants a modern team that can win a SB and will keep on it until we do rather than one of the octogenarians who are happy to have billions and don't care about the team, or the last idiot who wanted to play 1970s ball control football.

He played a heavy part in hiring one of the worst head coaches in the history of the game, ruined the field conditions for his lovely MLS team which led to getting a grievance by the NFLPA, screwed the city of Rock Hill, and most egregiously: replaced Pepsi with Coke in the stadium.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

three posted:

He played a heavy part in hiring one of the worst head coaches in the history of the game, ruined the field conditions for his lovely MLS team which led to getting a grievance by the NFLPA, screwed the city of Rock Hill, and most egregiously: replaced Pepsi with Coke in the stadium.

All the other stuff aside I kinda only care about the football on the field. Not to be dismissive of the other stuff - I doubt anyone who owns a football team is a good person. You don't accumulate the money to own one by being a good person, but as far as an owner of the team he's average as they come. The Rhule hiring was a mistake but I can forgive someone trying to hire the next hot property from the college ranks and build a dynasty rather than hire like... Fat Mike.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

three posted:

Why are you buying soda at a football game?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

zimbomonkey posted:

Need something to mix those airline bottles with.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

zimbomonkey posted:

Some people don’t drink? And even children have taste

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well that would make up for three games if that happens.

https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/1688546978257358848

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
drat, what happened to Barr? He washed up?

Also, it looks like we lost one in the NFCS Fantasy League so if anyone wants to join head over there.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Saints up for WYTS

https://archive.ph/RxIbM

quote:

Behind Carr remains Jameis Winston. And hey, at least Jameis won’t get the He’s grown into a respected veteran mentor! narrative anymore, like he puts on a pair of reading glasses and a houndstooth blazer with patches on the elbows before heading out to steal a bunch of cocktail shrimp. Jameis is garbage time made flesh. Backing up Derek Carr was always his destiny.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Aug 7, 2023

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
So I wouldn't be surprised if Kyle Trask wins the starting job at this point. He's only thrown 1 INT in camp compared to 7 for Baker.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Grip it and rip it posted:

Now we just need to get him a ring

If he heads on dow to LCR he can get a great deal on a wax ring for the toilet bowl the Saints are heading to.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Silly Burrito posted:

Well that would make up for three games if that happens.

https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/1688546978257358848

Glad we are replacing the back who assaulted a man, with a back who assaulted a woman.

three
Aug 9, 2007

really queer Christmas posted:

Glad we are replacing the back who assaulted a man, with a back who assaulted a woman.

Just need Adrian Peterson to complete the set.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Pontius Pilate posted:

Some people don’t drink? And even children have taste

Not if they enjoy Pepsi they don't.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

zimbomonkey posted:

Not if they enjoy Pepsi they don't.

Yup, agreeing with “and most egregiously: replaced Pepsi with Coke in the stadium.”

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Pepsi was invented in North Carolina. This is blasphemy

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Slowpoke! posted:

Yeah. I was shocked when they made the switch to Coke.

It's akin to making Chik-fil-A the official chicken of the Saints

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Slowpoke! posted:

Pepsi is assphemy. :colbert:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Slowpoke! posted:

Yes, the "we don't have (better state), would North Carolina be ok?" of places

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Slowpoke! posted:

Just goes to show you that nothing invented in North Carolina is ever worth a poo poo

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

zimbomonkey posted:

Just goes to show you that nothing invented in North Carolina is ever worth a poo poo

Agreed, give Ohio credit for planes

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Pontius Pilate posted:

Agreed, give Ohio credit for planes

Yes, as a North Carolinian born and raised I think it's bullshit that we take credit for something that was built in another state by residents of that state and just brought here because we had better wind.

three
Aug 9, 2007

The true only soda that should be served is Cheerwine.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

three posted:

I think North Carolina is a state filled with natural beauty and human ugliness, but I give complete leeway to Cheerwine and Biscuitville

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

A.o.D. posted:

If he heads on dow to LCR he can get a great deal on a wax ring for the toilet bowl the Saints are heading to.

Yes its a given that the Saints will take the division this season

really queer Christmas posted:

The NFL is working hard to make football relevant to women

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Lets check in on the Bucs QB battle...

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1688925971687288832?s=20

oh....

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Were they all Baker? Trask had only thrown 1 up to this point I think

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

Were they all Baker? Trask had only thrown 1 up to this point I think

Trask had 1 coming in to today and threw 3 today.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
So we are signing Kareem Hunt. Nice.

https://twitter.com/TheFFBallers/status/1688948460928565248

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Goddang, that's a nice set of RBs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

three posted:

:hmmyes:

And Sunkist for those that want a citrus taste.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Aug 8, 2023