Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

three posted:

The true only soda that should be served is Cheerwine.

I mean, water is always good. Especially when it’s full of coal ash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah. I was shocked when they made the switch to Coke.

It's akin to making Chik-fil-A the official chicken of the Saints

I just checked, still Raising Cane's.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
https://twitter.com/BillyM_91/status/1689054975249223681?t=uYWYrIdPkh43NbNEf861KA&s=19

W H O

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

From the beat reporters for both teams, the panthers are looking very good in joint scrimmage with the jets.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/notbenfish/status/1689758795998642177

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
So what you're saying is send in the Tomcats and Falcons and... (is there a pirate or saint themed plane or missile?)

edit: oh yeah, they are the Navy in this situation. Which I guess if I do this correctly the Panthers are the... Pantsirs, so Leopards, so still vaild but omg we are going with the current version

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Aug 11, 2023

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Just like in that war the NFC south is gonna be won by the team with Blue on their banners.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Baker starting week 1

:ok:

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
dont worry we'll cycle through all the bad qbs this year on the way to the #1 pick

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Relentlessboredomm posted:

dont worry we'll cycle through all the bad qbs this year on the way to the #1 pick

I'm sure the defense will be good enough to screw you guys out of that.

Even if Baker is washed, you have to think that Evans and Godwin will be able to prop him up a bit too.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

ozymandius1024 posted:

I'm sure the defense will be good enough to screw you guys out of that.

Even if Baker is washed, you have to think that Evans and Godwin will be able to prop him up a bit too.

maybe, im counting on good old Bowles garbage coaching to defang any clear advantages

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Relentlessboredomm posted:

maybe, im counting on good old Bowles garbage coaching to defang any clear advantages

Look at the rest of the division…no way you’re losing enough games to this sad bunch of clowns to out suck Arizona.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Yeah, I wouldn't be shocked if this season ended with all of us having similar records again.

Also wouldn't be shocked if one of us finished in the bottom three and one or two of us had winning records

three
Aug 9, 2007

The Bucs and Falcons are on a whole other level of awful, and it's absurd to put the Saints and Panthers alongside them. The former have zero redeeming qualities that could give any hope whatsoever.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lol what

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

he dumb

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

three posted:

The Bucs and Falcons are on a whole other level of awful, and it's absurd to put the Saints and Panthers alongside them. The former have zero redeeming qualities that could give any hope whatsoever.

Manichean football takes ITT

three
Aug 9, 2007

The Saints alone are objectively way more talented than the Bucs and Falcons. Like, it's not even close.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Buccs still have an excellent defensive front seven that alone in the modern NFL can keep you in games. I also think their receiver group is still top tier. I just don't think they have the QBs to get them there. I also think their running game will be better than people think.

Falcons are a bit of a dumpster fire.

Panthers lack depth but have some pieces, it all hinges on Bryce Young and whether the patch work receiver core can come together.

New orleans have the best overall roster from top to bottom but I still have questions about the coaching staff and while I'm a fan of Carr and think he's the best possible pick up at QB they could have made it remains to be seen whether it'll translate.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That’s where I’m at. Bucs have plenty of talent but they don’t have a QB worth a poo poo, so it’s not gonna matter over the whole of the season.

Maybe Trask is that dude but I’m not betting on it.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

2/3rds of the NFL doesn't have a QB worth a poo poo so i don't think it's as debilitating as one might think. if trask or mayfield can be like, not disasters, i think the bucs can be decent

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That’s what I meant by “whole of the season” though, like they could very well win the south but then it’ll be a first round exit from the playoffs

e: but that’s pretty interchangeable with anyone in the division…except maybe falcons

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Aug 12, 2023

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

kidcoelacanth posted:

2/3rds of the NFL doesn't have a QB worth a poo poo so i don't think it's as debilitating as one might think. if trask or mayfield can be like, not disasters, i think the bucs can be decent

I was a Baker defender for a long time but based on his last few years he’s a bottom 10 QB and Trask is probably even worse. I think the Buccs best case scenario is the Fisher era Rams where nobody expects much of them but they’re kind of frustrating to play and can sometimes drag good teams into the gutter with them.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i'm not gonna write off trask until he actually plays a meaningful snap

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
The Saints will go as far as Dennis Allen's limited imagination will take them. It's a weird position to be in, now that your head coach is likely a -2/-3 game swing instead of the opposite

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I just have a feeling that the Saints are going to win the Super Bowl this year and shock a lot of people. Including me.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

my actual prediction for this season is that the falcons are going to win the division because the NFL is and always will be complete nonsense and preseason predictions mean nothing

kidcoelacanth fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Aug 12, 2023

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Silly Burrito posted:

I just have a feeling that the Saints are going to win the Super Bowl this year and shock a lot of people. Including me.

Saints are going all the way baby!!!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Baker went 8/9 with a TD and no INTS Super Bowl here we come bb

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

im late but as long as a stadium has dr pepper they can carry whatever mid variant of coke or pepsi they want

inb4 someone comes in here bragging about how much water they drink

Ostentatious fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Aug 12, 2023

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Ostentatious posted:

im late but as long as a stadium has dr pepper they can carry whatever mid variant of coke or pepsi they want

inb4 someone comes in here bragging about how much water they drink

They changed the Dr Pepper head for Cheerwine, the superior cherry cola

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Coasterphreak posted:

That's completely acceptable I'll have a Cheerwine

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Ostentatious posted:

That's completely acceptable I'll have a Cheerwine

Now you have to be a panthers fan

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

kidcoelacanth posted:

my actual prediction for this season is that the falcons are going to win the division because the NFL is and always will be complete nonsense and preseason predictions mean nothing

This is sincerely what I think as well. There's just so much variance in what could happen in this division (on top of inherent variance in football as a whole) that the Falcons winning the division wouldn't surprise me at all.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i believe the Saints will win the division and derek carr will lead them to the promised land of a divisional round exit

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Coasterphreak posted:

I apologize for being that guy, but neither Dr. Pepper or Cheerwine are cherry cola

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Anyone could win this division and it wouldnt be a surprise

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

Anyone could win this division and it wouldnt be a surprise

Not a lot of difference between 6-11 and the 8-9 needed to win the division. Couple good bounces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://x.com/daringantt/status/1690419908008419328?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA