Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the panthers are BASURA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Alaois posted:

the panthers are BASURA

You heard it here first, they're going to Mexico City.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

zimbomonkey posted:

1. Tepper didn't have a rep when Evero signed on, Most of that has come on over the course of the last year.

2. Evero signed on to work with a coaching staff and a defense which would theoretically have a few key pieces, many of which have now been cut out from under him. This is not what he signed up for.

3. Keeping Evero doesn't help the Panthers defense perform that much better, they're too devoid of talent. They have a very low ceiling. Now he's being chained to that.

4. I never said Dave wasn't in his legal right. I just said it makes him an rear end in a top hat. I think a reasonable person would look at these changes and cut him loose to find a better opportunity where he could hone his skills, not keep him in a dead end job. Good luck ever getting a coordinator to sign a long-term deal again, why would anyone do that knowing that this organization will just decide to suck you in like quicksand?

5. I cannot overemphasize how douchey the "You signed a contract, now suffer" mindset is. You have to sign a contract to work! No NFL team is going to take a year to year freelancer! Also, times and situations change and it falls upon the more powerful party in this situation to acknowledge that and make the necessary adjustment.

1. He has had a rep since his time in Pittsburgh - you can ask Pitt fans about it, because they happily like to remind me.

2. He can look into a rosters contract status just as easily as we all can and when Burns didn't sign an extension last year we all knew this was coming.

3. It does because getting 100% out of dogshit is still better than getting 70% out of them.

4. Not a single owner would let one of the best coordinators go just because times are tough, because who the gently caress do you replace them with - literally the only thing available makes your team worse and your job harder.

5. No owner worth their salt lets go of the best man for the job because it's the "nice" thing to do.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

lmao ignoring the "you signed a contract" nonsense, no he can't make his own decisions since Tepper actively stopped him from even attempting to peruse other options. Being trapped at DC is brutal, you either downgrade to position coach or wait for the mythical black HC job. Most teams dont clean house of a coaching staff/FO, gut the entire side of the ball you coach, and also refuse to let you take another job elsewhere.

Put another way, he's almost certainly setting Evero back at least 2-3 years on his career arc but because he's black he might've permanently screwed him, who knows. And for the Panthers org now there's a strong reason to never take a lower level coaching position with them bc they'll derail your career and trap you with a new coaching staff you did not sign up for.

lmao, owners should let the coaches (I think deserve it based on my criteria) do whatever they want because it may at some point earn them a chance to maybe get a job they might one day think they're ready for... Right.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

BlindSite posted:

1. He has had a rep since his time in Pittsburgh - you can ask Pitt fans about it, because they happily like to remind me.

2. He can look into a rosters contract status just as easily as we all can and when Burns didn't sign an extension last year we all knew this was coming.

3. It does because getting 100% out of dogshit is still better than getting 70% out of them.

4. Not a single owner would let one of the best coordinators go just because times are tough, because who the gently caress do you replace them with - literally the only thing available makes your team worse and your job harder.

5. No owner worth their salt lets go of the best man for the job because it's the "nice" thing to do.

lmao, owners should let the coaches (I think deserve it based on my criteria) do whatever they want because it may at some point earn them a chance to maybe get a job they might one day think they're ready for... Right.

Yeah TFF posters would make terrible owners/GMs, but we already knew that.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
"You wouldn't make a very good billionaire" is a badge I wear with pride, actually.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

A lot of band-aids are getting ripped off for the Panthers right now, but it had to happen. The front office couldn't keep pretending this team is magically only a few transactions away from contention because that's exactly what got us into this mess -- cultivating a bizarre "win now" mindset and mortgaging the future despite only having a half-built team at best. The total defensive teardown sucks a lot for Evero, and it's weird to watch as a fan since this franchise has pretty much always been defense-first (outside of Cam doing Cam things), but this an offensive league now. Follow the Lions blueprint and build an offense that can score 40+ every game and figure the defense out later.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RumbleFish posted:

A lot of band-aids are getting ripped off for the Panthers right now, but it had to happen. The front office couldn't keep pretending this team is magically only a few transactions away from contention because that's exactly what got us into this mess -- cultivating a bizarre "win now" mindset and mortgaging the future despite only having a half-built team at best. The total defensive teardown sucks a lot for Evero, and it's weird to watch as a fan since this franchise has pretty much always been defense-first (outside of Cam doing Cam things), but this an offensive league now. Follow the Lions blueprint and build an offense that can score 40+ every game and figure the defense out later.

who the gently caress in the panthers front office or coaching staff do you have any hope in building an offense that can score 40+ every game

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Alaois posted:

who the gently caress in the panthers front office or coaching staff do you have any hope in building an offense that can score 40+ every game

I mean, I'm not saying it WILL happen, I'm just saying I think it's the correct approach. Whether it pans out is still TBD, and I don't exactly have faith in this franchise right now either, but still. I'm tired of constantly losing games like 20-9 despite forcing three turnovers and holding the opponent to a season-low in points because the offense can't move the ball a single loving inch when it matters (or indeed at all).

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

If you really wanted to take advantage of market inefficiencies in the nfl you’d go hard defense and ball control.

Keep everything in front, control time of possession, make the other offense execute in the red zone…..

Sounds to me like the panthers need John Fox back.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Jameis to Cleveland.

https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/1767566429409136838

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Evero is not objectively not a good DC, so he should be happy he will have an excuse for how bad his defense will be again.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

loving finally

I've been grossed out by the local media fawning over him lately. All it takes to get New Orleans to love you forever is to say "Wow, I love living in New Orleans" once or twice, and we'll forget about any number of sexual assaults.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

Jameis to Cleveland.

PostNouveau posted:

sexual assaults.

Seems like the Browns definitely have a type

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Oh come on that’s just too easy

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

BlindSite posted:

You’re pitching this like they didn’t absolutely clean house which is an entirely different beast than just in general letting coordinators take lateral jobs. It’s bizarre to both trap a single coordinator in a contract and force him on a new coaching staff while simultaneously gutting his side of the ball. That’s both an incredibly lovely series of events for that coach and doesn’t make sense even from a performance perspective.

In general I hate the shtick where people rush to defend objectively dick moves by pretending that all arch capitalists know that loving people over is what’s best. This in spite of the mountains of evidence that these dudes are just as riddled with biases as your average boomer and are incredibly likely to make decisions based on spite more than any brilliant business acumen. In football it’s even more divorced from performance bc the most successful teams in the league don’t do a lot of this messy coach poo poo at all.

And to be clear your owner is not worth his salt, even amongst the liches and unholy abominations that make up ownership groups, Tepper stands atop poo poo mountain as the current worst owner.

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Mar 12, 2024

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
What happens when Jaycee gets hurt in week 3?

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1767690766531403830?t=q0FShz-mpf-aqICDI-uAvA&s=19

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Donte isn't usually the picture of health himself either (last year was the first time since his rookie year he started 16 games), so we were gonna see it anyway.

Next year is going to loving blow, but at least we'll know for sure if Bryce is a bust or not.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Its a good pick up and a decent value trade overall. I like Dionte a lot as a player, definitely been under utilised in years past. The injury history is a bit of a concern but he was good when Big Ben was playing up tempo in his latter years and it's something Canales is an advocate for.

I think it's a decent scheme and system fit.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
So if Cleveland decided to go All-Rapist, First Team much like Texas A&M's recent Hall of Fame rear end in a top hat coaching staff, who else is out there

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/1767942549283442710

Yay?

What did we lose to get there? I haven't really seen news of cuts/trades/non-signings in my Twitter feed so it feels like us suddenly being under the cap meant I missed some big poo poo. Or was this all restructuring wizardry?

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
I’d guess some of it was restructuring and some of it was the annual cap rise

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Ah, found a big chunk of it in that very same dude's feed from earlier today:

https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/1767918644363743653

https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/1767923325584470310

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bucs bringing back Whitehead makes me so happy after the failed Keanu Neal and Ryan Neal experiments.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Maybe we are cleaning up a bit.

https://x.com/Kat_Terrell/status/1768010268389347724?s=20

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I haven't hated a Saint for on-field reasons (good riddance Jameis, eat poop) as much as I've hated Andrus Peat since.....Jason David?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Next season is still gonna suck for the Saints as they'll be $60m over but things looking up for 2026.

Interesting they haven't done anything with the Taysom or Kamara contracts this year.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/PrettyRickey213/status/1768097985978618249?s=20

Lmao ok sure why not

“Once looking at” is a stretch, he wanted it but he was never gonna get it. I wouldn’t be surprised if the actual contract is half that and heavily incentivized.

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Mar 14, 2024

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'd honestly rather move on from him. Britt isn't the greatest athlete but he at least knows where he's supposed to be.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oof

https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/1768319774218457127

So likely Jake Haener is gonna be the Saints' backup

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Mar 14, 2024

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

Oof

https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/1768319774218457127

So likely Jake Haener is gonna be the Saints' backup

just stay off the drugs this year

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

just stay off the drugs this year

He's not gonna retain his 2023 title of Least Ripped Steroid User if he does that

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Taking out the trash in Atlanta...

https://twitter.com/AtlantaFalcons/status/1768389251660427649?t=BwiGVxpjS79EU-LBUseeCQ&s=19

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

I'd honestly rather move on from him. Britt isn't the greatest athlete but he at least knows where he's supposed to be.

Well you got your wish!!

https://x.com/rapsheet/status/1768422284547498339?s=46&t=eGtKhFFooZWFwCmcVJDt3Q

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

wandler20 posted:

I know Kwon ended up hurt immediately after he left the bucs and hasn't stayed health since but I still wish we'd just resigned him instead of drafting White. If nothing else Kwon was a much cooler dude.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Epi Lepi posted:

I know Kwon ended up hurt immediately after he left the bucs and hasn't stayed health since but I still wish we'd just resigned him instead of drafting White. If nothing else Kwon was a much cooler dude.

100%. White won't be missed.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

zimbomonkey posted:

1. Tepper didn't have a rep when Evero signed on, Most of that has come on over the course of the last year.

2. Evero signed on to work with a coaching staff and a defense which would theoretically have a few key pieces, many of which have now been cut out from under him. This is not what he signed up for.

3. Keeping Evero doesn't help the Panthers defense perform that much better, they're too devoid of talent. They have a very low ceiling. Now he's being chained to that.

4. I never said Dave wasn't in his legal right. I just said it makes him an rear end in a top hat. I think a reasonable person would look at these changes and cut him loose to find a better opportunity where he could hone his skills, not keep him in a dead end job. Good luck ever getting a coordinator to sign a long-term deal again, why would anyone do that knowing that this organization will just decide to suck you in like quicksand?

5. I cannot overemphasize how douchey the "You signed a contract, now suffer" mindset is. You have to sign a contract to work! No NFL team is going to take a year to year freelancer! Also, times and situations change and it falls upon the more powerful party in this situation to acknowledge that and make the necessary adjustment.

:agreed: completely, especially with #5

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i'm such a loving sucker for these bucs hype videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIF5VHfT_b8

also,

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1768641847964889152

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

I've always been a big Baker fan and that's a really good video IMO.

Also apropos of nothing, I REALLY like the music choices the Bucs are using. Football loves using all kinds of big thundering music, but the Buccaneers are using pirate music. Fiddles and snare drums for some real thematic hype.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well poo poo, that's a worthy gamble.

https://x.com/JohnJHendrix/status/1769833882898084043?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This is why you keep a guy like Dennis Allen around.

https://x.com/Schultz_Report/status/1769845057106927885?s=20