Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Suck the head Derek

https://twitter.com/JonoBarnes/status/1781844709779841488

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Eat the poo poo Derek

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

He made it official

https://twitter.com/AtlantaFalcons/status/1782469454640697386?t=Egg-Dg_QFwc5dK0RC8NDow&s=19

Please respect Falcons Fandom during this difficult time.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Pershing posted:

He made it official

https://twitter.com/AtlantaFalcons/status/1782469454640697386?t=Egg-Dg_QFwc5dK0RC8NDow&s=19

Please respect Falcons Fandom during this difficult time.

:tipshat:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Noise going around about the Saints cutting bait on Trevor Penning and shipping him for picks.

I'm so sick of the Saints batting like .300 with first rounders.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

GD_American posted:

Noise going around about the Saints cutting bait on Trevor Penning and shipping him for picks.

I'm so sick of the Saints batting like .300 with first rounders.

I don’t know if it’s been that good. Since the 2017 draft, there’s Lattimore and Olave and?

Bresee may turn out ok, still TBD. If you go back to 2015, at least we picked Ram.

I think they should keep Penning unless they get something decent, which they won’t.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Let's see the last 40 years.

1985- Alvin Toles (LB)- 4 year special teamer and rotation guy, couldn't crack the starting lineup
1986- Jim Dombrowski (OT)- Solid starter for a decade (most of it as a guard)
1987- Shawn Knight (DT)- all-time terrible pick, traded after rookie year
1988- Craig Heyward (FB)- role-player for 5 years, went on to have much more success in Atlanta
1989- Wayne Martin (DE) reliable 10+ sack guy for close to a decade
1990- Renaldo Turnbull (LB)- decent starter for five years, one out-of-nowhere Pro Bowl year
1991 — No pick — —
1992- Vaughn Dunbar (HB)- complete failure of a back that hung on for 3 terrible seasons
1993- Willie Roaf (OT)- Hall of Famer and the best 1st round Saints pick ever
1993- Irv Smith (TE)- OK performer for 3 years, fell off then got traded
1994- Joe Johnson (DE)- decent starter for 5 years, hurt knee, rehabbed the poo poo out of it, made Pro Bowl twice, took free agency to GB and promptly fell to pieces
1995- Mark Fields (LB)- six very good years with the Saints, played over a decade before cancer stopped him
1996 - Alex Molden (DB)- a terrible starter for two years
1997- Chris Naeole (OG)- Consistently good starter for five years
1998- Kyle Turley (OT)- flamed out publicly but was very good for five years
1999- Ricky Williams (HB) - gently caress you Mike Ditka you lazy turd
2000 — No pick —
2001- Deuce McAllister (HB)- best back in Saints history until Kamara came along
2000- Donté Stallworth- (WR)- good performer, left in a bad trade
2002- Charles Grant (DE)- good starter for six years, ran into PED trouble then stayed perma-hurt
2003- Johnathan Sullivan (DT)- fat failure that started one season
2004- Will Smith (DE)- 2nd best Saints end ever, RIP
2005- Jammal Brown (OT) elite for four years, got hurt then out-played by his replacement
2006- Reggie Bush (HB)- we got some use out of him, but never was a star
2007- Robert Meachem (WR)- complete bust who hung on long enough to get a Super Bowl ring in 2009
2008- Sedrick Ellis (DT)- mediocre starter for several years]
2009- Malcolm Jenkins (DB)- solid long-time starter, first as a nickel then FS
2010- Patrick Robinson (CB)- always struggled to hold onto the starter job
2011- Cameron Jordan (DE)- best Saints D-lineman of all time
2011- Mark Ingram II (RB)- they figured out how to use him but never got a full return value for what they traded to pick him
2012 — No pick — —
2013- Kenny Vaccaro (SS) fantastic rookie then forgot how to play football
2014- Brandin Cooks (WR)- decent performer but a fragile headcase
2015- Andrus Peat (OG)- technically a Pro Bowler, epitomizes the phrase "just good enough to suck"
2015- Stephone Anthony (LB)- special teamer who didn't last long
2016- Sheldon Rankins (DT)- decent rotational guy
2017- Marshon Lattimore (CB)- streaky at times but probably the best Saints DB of all time
2017- Ryan Ramczyk (OT)- a good long-term right tackle
2018- Marcus Davenport (DE)- constantly injured and sucked when he wasn't
2019 — No pick — —
2020- Cesar Ruiz (C)- decent to good long term starter
2021- Payton Turner (DE)- rotational/special teams guy
2022- Chris Olave (WR)- genuine stud and #1 after Slant Boy left
2022- Trevor Penning (OT)- pick your story, either he sucks or he was never given a chance
2023- Bryan Bresee (DT) so far just a depth guy

OK, some rough patches but maybe not as bad as I remember. Way too many drafts missing a 1st rounder because the GM fell in love (Ingram, Davenport, Williams)

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
The Saint's front office loves to blow draft picks to move up and it is frustrating.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Grip it and rip it posted:

The Saint's front office loves to blow draft picks to move up and it is frustrating.

Imagine I had a gif of that black dude from tik tok doing that hand thing at the panthers front office.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

In the last 25 years I have forgiven a lot of things on up to probable warcrimes, but yesterday I started thinking about the Rickey Williams draft and literally made myself mad

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
MikeDitkaindreads.jpg

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Matt Ryan had to finish his career in Indy so that the Falcons could play Desmond Ridder. A travesty.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i am settling on the idea of the bucs taking powers-johnson in the first. give me the big nasty center to go next to our big nasty guard

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kidcoelacanth posted:

i am settling on the idea of the bucs taking powers-johnson in the first. give me the big nasty center to go next to our big nasty guard

Him or Barton would be ideal.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

if i had my way it'd be barton or jpj round one and a cb (melton? tampa?) round two. take some shots at edge rushers, rb, and wr in the later rounds. licht call me

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kidcoelacanth posted:

if i had my way it'd be barton or jpj round one and a cb (melton? tampa?) round two. take some shots at edge rushers, rb, and wr in the later rounds. licht call me

Having two third round picks will help fill out the roster this year too. There's some nice IOL in the second/third as well if those guys are gone. They REALLY want a new center though.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Just saw that James Hurst is retiring. So we really need all OL in a goon dream draft. LT, RT, LG unless we get free agents afterwards.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

At this point with the Panthers I'm just hoping for a rookie or two to.... stay healthy and play 17 games and not look awful.

Because that's the bar.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

BlindSite posted:

At this point with the Panthers I'm just hoping for a rookie or two to.... stay healthy and play 17 games and not look awful.

Because that's the bar.

The bar for Dan Morgan to clear is so insultingly low. If he somehow comes out of this with any halfway decent players, I won't know what to do with myself.

Just please no more awful trades.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

ozymandius1024 posted:

The bar for Dan Morgan to clear is so insultingly low. If he somehow comes out of this with any halfway decent players, I won't know what to do with myself.

Morgan has already had a great offseason (on paper). So this is his actual test but IMO he nailed the trades and free agency. Losing Burns was lovely but getting an extension done with Brown, beefing up the interior, finding a bonafide flanker at receiver and a real pass rusher to at least stop the bleeding from Burns and Luvu leaving is an all time pre-draft effort for the franchise. The Panthers don't need to splash and get anything elite. They just need to not be awful at any one of three or four spots we were worst in the league last year and its a gold star imo.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I hope the Saints take an offensive lineman in the first round.

And the second round.

And 4 times in the 5th round.

There's talk of us getting Jordan Travis, who would be a nice guy to have around for the future if his recovery goes great.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Apr 24, 2024

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Maybe after hitting on 4 of the next 10 OL we draft we can think about an actual-rear end quarterback

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

panthers have to make a decision on jaycee horn's 5th year option soon and honestly? eh......

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Isn't Carr's 3rd year essentially voidable?

They might want one of Nix or Penix in the first as it is.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

FizFashizzle posted:

panthers have to make a decision on jaycee horn's 5th year option soon and honestly? eh......

I don't see how they don't pick it up, because the alternatives are godawful and I'm sure they'll hope it'll be a contract year type of thing when he's due to be a FA.

It's not a good situation because he's Mr Glass, but he's a big difference maker when he's on the field.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah I kinda think you have to pick it up given that the CB market is dogshit and if you don't you're basically forcing you to spend draft capital over the next two years. Moreso with the Jackson trade (even if he was going to get cut anyway). I hate that he's always hurt, but I can see the logic in it given there's a bit of a difference between

Broken foot
Broken Hand
Torn hamstring

and something like

torn same knee 3 times in a row.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

the Panthers are taking a DB in the second round, assuming they don't do something horrifying tomorrow night (they will)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

the Panthers are taking a DB in the second round, assuming they don't do something horrifying tomorrow night (they will)

I don't know that's necessarily a given. I 100% see the need on the roster, I also 100% would not be shocked if they took a CB at 33. But I am getting vibes like Detroit did in their rebuild. Just go offense and build it and worry about defense a year later. We know the entire roster needed an overhaul and the free agency and trades has been extremely offensively focused.

All the pre-draft poo poo has been about us taking receiver, tight end, running back or center and I've heard a few times both Canales and Morgan say it's not going to be about "best player available" and more about "finding guys who do what we need them to".

I think Morgan might be smart enough to know Tepper is a rworded rear end in a top hat who wants to see highlight plays and splashy points. The other thing to consider is the receiver market is insane right now and Dionte only has 1 year remaining. So even with that trade we're far from set at the position given the best guy after that is Thielen who's a thousand years old and slower than a wet week and potentially Mingo who's shown some really stupid tendencies. I somehow don't see it as smart planning to forgo the best WR at 33 or 39 when you have basically... Mingo and Terrace Marshall as the only other guys on the roster.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

I doubt they will. 5th year money vs franchise tag difference isn't as much as you'd think so it's probably not worth the risk.

Fake edit: Patrick Surtains 5th year option was $19.8m. Franchise tag for a CB is.....$19.8m this year.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

GD_American posted:

Maybe after hitting on 4 of the next 10 OL we draft we can think about an actual-rear end quarterback

What, we have a perfectly rear end quarterback right now

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I would also like Sean Payton to trade us a first for Taysom Hill while I’m pony wishing

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

ozymandius1024 posted:

Honestly, yeah, this is where I'm at. I have so little expectations at this point, anything positive would be a surprise

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
LFG!

https://x.com/Buccaneers/status/1783501664000860276

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'm convinced the Bucs will draft one of these 4 guys:

Johnny Newton, DT, Illinois
Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
Graham Barton, G, Duke
Jared Verse, EDGE, FSU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I got invited to the Bucs draft party at Raymond James tonight. VIP status baby.

Just wanted to brag about that.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Tampa im in town for a developer meeting and I love it here. Never done a deep dive here before

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Amy Pole Her posted:

Tampa im in town for a developer meeting and I love it here. Never done a deep dive here before

More proof you’re a lunatic lol, but I am an avowed hater of Tampa. That said go get you some Deviled Crabs and Cuban sandwiches from the city that actually invented them.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Relentlessboredomm posted:

More proof you’re a lunatic lol, but I am an avowed hater of Tampa. That said go get you some Deviled Crabs and Cuban sandwiches from the city that actually invented them.

Tampa invented Cuban sandwiches?????

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Silly Burrito posted:

Tampa invented Cuban sandwiches?????

Yep altho Key West has a claim too. Regardless it definitely didn’t get created in Miami. Tampas Cuban community predates all the Castro stuff by quite a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Yep altho Key West has a claim too. Regardless it definitely didn’t get created in Miami. Tampas Cuban community predates all the Castro stuff by quite a bit

well drat I learned something today