Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
The falcons will be drafting Caleb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

three
Aug 9, 2007

sexy tiger boobs posted:

The Falcons will be really good at wearing teams down with the run. They might not win many games but it'll be fun and they'll make opposing teams really sore and tired for their next games. Most teams will lose the game after they play Atlanta. Kingmakers!, if you will...

You can't run down 25. I mean, I guess you technically can.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Andy Dalton looked really good at FanFest.

Bryce Young, too, but Dalton was uber aggressively slingin' it.

three
Aug 9, 2007

BlindSite posted:

I think he's just an average owner. tbh I think we'll find out more now than we did in the previous regime. At least we have a coach that wants a modern team that can win a SB and will keep on it until we do rather than one of the octogenarians who are happy to have billions and don't care about the team, or the last idiot who wanted to play 1970s ball control football.

He played a heavy part in hiring one of the worst head coaches in the history of the game, ruined the field conditions for his lovely MLS team which led to getting a grievance by the NFLPA, screwed the city of Rock Hill, and most egregiously: replaced Pepsi with Coke in the stadium.

three
Aug 9, 2007

really queer Christmas posted:

Glad we are replacing the back who assaulted a man, with a back who assaulted a woman.

Just need Adrian Peterson to complete the set.

three
Aug 9, 2007

The true only soda that should be served is Cheerwine.

three
Aug 9, 2007

https://twitter.com/BillyM_91/status/1689054975249223681?t=uYWYrIdPkh43NbNEf861KA&s=19

W H O

three
Aug 9, 2007

The Bucs and Falcons are on a whole other level of awful, and it's absurd to put the Saints and Panthers alongside them. The former have zero redeeming qualities that could give any hope whatsoever.

three
Aug 9, 2007

The Saints alone are objectively way more talented than the Bucs and Falcons. Like, it's not even close.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Panthers should just sign Zeke or Fournette. Hubbard is cheeks.

three
Aug 9, 2007

BlindSite posted:

I feel like you can't get a gauge of Bryce until the offensive line unfucks itself. Which tbh is surprising. Last year toward the back end the offensive line had really turned a corner but that was also during the period that McAdoo was going very run heavy in the game plan and Deonte Foreman was just crashing into motherfuckers for the first 20 plays and designed runs to Darnold or whatever. There's a good chance that the full offensive cast being on the field sees a more balanced and effective game plan and the line starts playing better. I also did notice that a few of the mistakes on the offensive line seem to either be bad reads or bad protection calls - where someone just attempted to block the wrong person. There was one really bad one where Icky just completely wiffed his hand placement and got beat for speed - but I'd say 2/3rds of the poo poo play can be chalked up to the line just not being on the same page or just not making the right call which says to me its a fixable problem, whereas if guys are making the right decision and then just getting wrecked for pace or technique you can well and truly be worried.

Big concern though.

I expect some normal rookie poo poo from Bryce, he's going to have up and down days as a rookie, but he's shown the right things for my mind - ball placement has been good even if there's been some disconnect with the receivers and their routes etc - he's looking off coverage he's choosing the right options at the right time. He also is showing the same stuff he did in college in terms of pocket awareness, he moves well, he doesn't get hit clean, definitely has a live arm for his size at NFL speed - so I'm actually not really worried about Young. I think the bones have shown in his play that he's what we thought he was when he drafted in terms of floor - whether or not he has the higher level abilities to lead game winning drives in big games etc will be revealed in time.

It's a hard gauge really. I think it looks like a team with an offensive line that has a lot of work ahead to come together with a rookie in at QB.

Probably some truth to getting a real RB in the game will help. No need to worry about the run with Hubbard since he thinks 2-hand touch means he's down.

That said, I'm a big Ickey fan but he just forgot to loving block the edge rusher during one of the plays.

three fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Aug 20, 2023

three
Aug 9, 2007

The Saints only winning 1 ring with those rosters is kinda shocking when you look back on it.

three
Aug 9, 2007

All the people that thought Kyle Trask wasn't total cheeks...

Baker Mayfield is a living embodiment of the "did it work for them? no, never, but maybe it'll work for us" meme.

three
Aug 9, 2007

The problem with Sam Darnold is that he is a much better athlete and passer than Baker, but he is horrible mentally under any sort of pressure. Give Darnold some testicular fortitude in the pocket, and he'd be great.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

If he can get 1000 with Jameis, Fitzpatrick, McKown and Glennon he can do it with Baker too

All of those are better QBs than Mayfield, in all seriousness. Maybbbbe not Glennon, but probably close.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Guy who can never stay healthy gets injured. What a surprise. Who could have anticipated this?

three
Aug 9, 2007

ozymandius1024 posted:

Good thing they signed another veteran WR and drafted one in the 2nd round as well.

Without Chark, it's a bottom in the league WR group (many would have argued it was regardless). He was going to be the #1 and also the deep threat.

Also, Darnold news: https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1694420309892354254?t=tAjV_7wpmWxy60d84JQ5cg&s=19

three
Aug 9, 2007

The thing that really stood out to me is he just isn't a very good thrower. Balls were poorly placed, weak, wrong trajectories, etc.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Honestly surprised they cut Deion Jones. Not that he isn't old and busted, but he still looked better than most of the other backup LBs.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Mike Evans is 30, and the Bucs don't seem like they'll be particularly good any time soon. Maybe in everyone's best interest to split?

Not that Evans really relied on pure speed, so he could be good a very long time like an Anquan Boldin, though.

Edit: Also, as a Panthers fan, id prefer to not see him make an embarrassment of our lovely secondary anymore. I'll never forgive CJ Henderson for last year.

three fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Sep 1, 2023

three
Aug 9, 2007

kazil posted:

Chuba Hubbard 180yds and 4tds here we go

He would need 90 carries to get that many yards.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Bryce is fine but the WRs suck.

three
Aug 9, 2007

https://twitter.com/DuncOnDemand/status/1701278505286176774?t=henqSXwc7mOLqWDE-MgLsw&s=19

The WRs are bad and should feel bad.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Could've just kept Teddy Bridgewater instead of spending all that on his twin.

three
Aug 9, 2007

We've had a lot of lovely QBs but none as afraid to throw the loving ball down the field more than Young.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Shaq Thompson is the ultimate JAG. Easily replaceable by any competent GM.

But the Panthers have Fitterer, so I'm sure it'll be a comedic replacement.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Reich is absolutely calling plays and he refuted the idea that Brown should be calling plays in the post game conference.

three
Aug 9, 2007

The problem with Bryce is that there were 3 options to draft a QB this year:

1. Bryce: Playmaking and intelligence
2. Stroud: Accuracy all over the field
3. Richardson: Uber athlete with amazing arm

We took #1 and then put him in the most pathetic, boring, simple offense designed for a literal baby and nullified literally everything positive about him.

The coaching staff (Reich, specifically, since hes offensive playcalling) is so trash, they can't even get play calls in until 5 seconds left on play clock, so Bryce can't even use his intelligence pre-snap.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Matt Corral cleared waivers, so just bring him back, obviously.

three
Aug 9, 2007

This is a remarkable chart: https://twitter.com/throwthedamball/status/1704243969457013191?t=sAL6glsMFwGyaPJ8EudzAw&s=19

Bryce has the worst receivers at getting open, but is the most accurate when they do get open.

Also, Justin Fields is poo poo.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

panthers fans help me understand something

your team is struggling/unwilling? to pay Brian Burns. last season they were offered 2 1sts for him and turned that down. then you traded your best (only??) WR and a future first to get a new qb. now your new young qb has no one to throw to, you're out this years first, and you're down the services of your best pass rusher who could've been two first round picks if they knew they weren't paying him.

how the gently caress does your dumbass gm still have a job?

Because Matt Rhule was blamed for everything, but it was actually that Rhule sucked and the GM was a dipshit.

Reminder that we had Haason Reddick too, and he wanted to stay in Carolina, but we didn't try to keep him.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Dalton just hit the Panthers #1 WR in the face with the ball for an incompletion. This receiving corp is a crime against god.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Poor coaching to blame when everyone does it, but let me say that Daltons movement during massive crowd noise was stupid. He held them in their stance for a long time and moved around back and forth from the LoS freaking them out.

three
Aug 9, 2007

What did Panthers fans do to deserve having to watch CJ Henderson cover Justin Jefferson 1:1 for an entire game? This is cruel and unusual.

Edit: Good thing it's Kirk Cousins throwing to him.

three fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Oct 1, 2023

three
Aug 9, 2007

Bryce refuses to throw a pass that doesn't have 10 yards of separation by the WR.

three
Aug 9, 2007

ozymandius1024 posted:

I would definitely love to know if the ultra conservative game plan is on the coaching staff trying to get out in front of Young getting destroyed, or if it is Bryce himself just being Teddy B 2.0

It was time for Ron to go, but I will say with certainty that I miss a time when David Tepper didn't own this loving team. I don't long for Jerry Richardson, but the team has been a mess since Tepper took over ownership.

Easy answer. Bryce is a coward. We have proof by looking at the 1 game without him:

34/58, 361 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT

three
Aug 9, 2007

My favorite part is that Reich refuses to stop calling plays but had 4 plays he personally screwed up by not getting the play in on time.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Young isn't making horrible mistakes, he's just conservative -- and his supporting cast sucks. He's more like Teddy Bridgewater than Clausen.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Can we also address how awful Miles Sanders is?

I never thought I'd think someone would make Chuba Hubbard look like a star. Hell, even Shenault is a better RB.

I can't express how hilarious it is that Hubbard and Shenault were dominating the run game then Reich abandoned it and leaned on Sanders, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

three
Aug 9, 2007

https://twitter.com/CPPfanfromtheD/status/1708834632429371774?t=kAxrbR57V2DGyngR7VWyoA&s=19

Never seen a QB emotionally distraught after a throw because of how lovely the call is. Reich needs to give Brown play calling immediately.

And here are two receivers letting the ball him them in the face in the red zone:

https://twitter.com/InboundPanthers/status/1709036168744935887?t=TvdwyoMapbT8g89rI0kqow&s=19

three fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Oct 3, 2023