Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I had a dream last night that the falcons poo poo stomped the panthers. Or was it a premonition?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

The Big Jesus posted:

I had a dream last night that the falcons poo poo stomped the panthers. Or was it a premonition?

Update: it was a premonition.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Ah, the gold stripe to appease Georgia Tech, back when Tech was relevant.

gently caress you eat poo poo go jackets

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

zimbomonkey posted:

Oh I don't blame his size at all to be clear, I'm just tired of hearing about how great Bryce's "processing" is when I haven't yet found a single play where it really seems to make a positive difference. Even the descriptions of what "processing" means seem to change from week to week. Is it being good at reading plays before the snap? Every time Bryce audibles it seems like the resulting play gains two yards at most. Is it being able to read the field quickly and find an open receiver? It seems like he's good at doing that when he gets time and there is an open receiver, but his accuracy isn't great on those throws anyway. Meanwhile either his arm strength or reich's play calling keeps defenses from having to respect us deep.

Everyone was told that the reason to draft Bryce Young over the other two big names (sorry will) he was so much more pro ready and so much better at reading defenses and so much better prepared. Meanwhile the guy that went number two has the most passing yards through two games by any rookie ever. Even if Bryce Young does turn into a drat good quarterback, we aren't getting the one advantage out of him that we were promised early on. We passed on a scary accurate quarterback and a scary athletic quarterback because we were supposed to come out of the gate swinging. Now the thing the naysayers said would happen has happened and all of the reasons for making the Bryce selection seem to have gone out the window.

I love this take.

And it’s right.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

ozymandius1024 posted:

Hadn't seen it elsewhere, but Joe Person at the Athletic just said that the Panthers have given Terrace Marshall permission to seek a trade.

I'll be curious to see if he does anything elsewhere, or just continues the Panthers stellar second round WR tradition.

That news is like a week or more old. Also no way they get anything of remote value for him. WR needy team looking to trade their WR isn’t a good look lol.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Lol wasn’t it basically tepper who made the Bryce pick when the team wanted Stroud?

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

three posted:

Ya'll remember when Terrace Marshall asked to be traded and the Panthers were like sure, you can look around, let us know... then no one cared because he's awful? Good times, good times.

You mean preseason superstar Terrace Marshall?

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
It’s tannehill

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
https://x.com/mysportsupdate/status/1729537917289173327?s=46&t=ulQHjJ9JRQDh0UYInWn8sg

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Rumor has it you could simply draft stroud at #1 if you like him more

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

GD_American posted:

Why would you ever RPO in the NFL with a four foot ten quarterback

Why not? The handoff is the fun part of the RPO usually, right?

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

GD_American posted:

Imagine being so goddamned MBA-brained that you watched what a man more red in the face than the racist mascot of the team he coached did to RG3 and thought "the only mistake was drafting a QB that was too big to evade tackles"

What does any of this mean?

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Bryce Dung

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Shinji2015 posted:

So what, they're adding up all the yards of passes that targeted Olave and didn't connect?

What a pointless stat

https://x.com/hoodcertified/status/1734671901484814522?s=46&t=ulQHjJ9JRQDh0UYInWn8sg

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Maybe we can get the full story of how the Bryce young pick happened now

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Vrabel fired. Atlanta will quickly hire him to complete the pipeline. Then he can bring in some guy he used to work with as OC who has familiarity with the players and the system.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

A.o.D. posted:

Loomis might have old man brain at this point. It's looking like time to move on.

He’s certainly treating the future salary cap like an old man on his last days

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
https://x.com/38godfrey/status/1750642211547443697?s=46&t=ulQHjJ9JRQDh0UYInWn8sg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

BlindSite posted:

1. He has had a rep since his time in Pittsburgh - you can ask Pitt fans about it, because they happily like to remind me.

2. He can look into a rosters contract status just as easily as we all can and when Burns didn't sign an extension last year we all knew this was coming.

3. It does because getting 100% out of dogshit is still better than getting 70% out of them.

4. Not a single owner would let one of the best coordinators go just because times are tough, because who the gently caress do you replace them with - literally the only thing available makes your team worse and your job harder.

5. No owner worth their salt lets go of the best man for the job because it's the "nice" thing to do.

lmao, owners should let the coaches (I think deserve it based on my criteria) do whatever they want because it may at some point earn them a chance to maybe get a job they might one day think they're ready for... Right.

Yeah TFF posters would make terrible owners/GMs, but we already knew that.