Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Thats some Brent Grimes rocket boots poo poo right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ostentatious posted:

the schadenfreude of derek carr making the super bowl thats in las vegas is just too enticing
Now I want this to happen.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

PostNouveau posted:

poo poo, they still think they're having this preseason game huh?

https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/1692944399217426934
Why wouldnt they?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

PostNouveau posted:

I think the hurricane turned right a bit so it won't be as bad for LA (worse for Baja). I dunno better safe than sorry in these situations though?
Oh, I'm on the east coast and my wife is at the beach so I've been toddler wranglin' solo since Thursday so I had no idea about the weather news on the west coast.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

RumbleFish posted:

People wanted to dunk all over the Panthers when Mayfield had that miraculous comeback with the Rams the week we released him, but the truth is that he isn't some secret stud just waiting to be unlocked; he's just capable of a nice performance every now and again. I had high hopes for him in Carolina, but after a certain point, a guy who coulda-woulda-shoulda'd if maybe his offensive coordinators, or his receivers, or his [fill in the blank here] were different is just...not actually very good.
On the other hand, Matt Rhule

I'm not trying to make excuses for the guy, but if you compare McVay to Rhule...

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I think Mike Evans should go somewhere he can keep up his streak.

No, I dont know where that is, actually.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

wandler20 posted:

Tampa is perfect for keeping it alive as we'll be trailing and passing a lot. How else do you think he managed to pull this off for 9 years?
I guess I dont believe in Baker considering how Baker ignored OBJ and overall is kinda bad? Not sure. I'd be happy for him if he stays home and keeps the streak going 5 more years.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Flikken posted:

2019 Baker was playing from behind a lot and slinging it. Both Landry and OBJ had 1000 yard seasons.
I completely forgot about this. I guess with how long ago and all the narratives since then I guess it slipped my memory.

Hopefully the new OC in Tampa can mold the offense to his strengths a bit, I kinda felt like Stefanski didn't do enough of that but I never took a close enough look to be sure.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

wandler20 posted:

The onion did a season preview and some of these are pretty good:

https://www.theonion.com/2023-nfl-season-preview-nfc-1850806239/slides/62
I thought the first slide with just the Falcons logo but no text was everything that they had about the Falcons, then was disappointed when the next slide actually said something about them.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

His pot of gold fell on him.

PostNouveau posted:

Wrenched his back when his boss made him fish a fat kid out of the chocolate river

:golfclap: to both, lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

BY's drop-backs look so... slow. Not-energetic. He's got no bounce to his rhythm in the pocket. He looks like he is walking around back there. Then if a defender's hand so much as touches him he collapses.