Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

three posted:

The true only soda that should be served is Cheerwine.
:hmmyes:

And Sunkist for those that want a citrus taste.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Aug 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
So what you're saying is send in the Tomcats and Falcons and... (is there a pirate or saint themed plane or missile?)

edit: oh yeah, they are the Navy in this situation. Which I guess if I do this correctly the Panthers are the... Pantsirs, so Leopards, so still vaild but omg we are going with the current version

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Aug 11, 2023

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

kidcoelacanth posted:

this may be a controversial opinion but they should pay mike evans

I believe Mike Evans should get paid, and I would like the team to pay him to be the Carolina Panthers.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Stefan Prodan posted:

cam threw for like 450 yards in his rookie debut and now I expect nothing less from all rookie QBs
Lol that was the strike year where there was barely a preseason and half of the starting defense was on IR because of the very short preseason. The defense was barely hanging on with the special teams players, and the special teams were TERRIBLE.

Like, we went through our practice squad guys and are now picking people off of the waiver wire to fill up the practice squad.

But it got Captain Mutterlyn a chance to shine and then go to the Vikings, so I hope it went well for him. *checks notes* Aww dang it!

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 20, 2023

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Stefan Prodan posted:

yeah but those chud years were easily the most fun I've ever had watching the panthers

THEY RAN THE MUDDLE HUDDLE

Chud was wasted by the Browns

I bet he has a triple flea flicker where it looks like a WR is doing a jet sweep but the hike is too early, and then a basic flea flicker of "hand off to RB, rb tosses it back" but then QB backwards passes to the WR that is now alone because the flea flicker situation, and then just uncorks a 30 yard pass with YAC being a TD.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Sep 20, 2023

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

zimbomonkey posted:

yeah he means they both suck and we'd be happier just being displaced steelers fans like the rest of north carolina already is.
Hey! HEY!

There's also the occasional Washington fan out east.

edit: And yeah there are a lot of Steeler fans in NC.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Oct 1, 2023

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

RumbleFish posted:

This is the biggest sin, honestly -- at least be interesting and entertaining when you lose, goddamn. The Hornets have managed to accomplish this; the Panthers can too. poo poo, we were still pretty bad in the early Cam years, but it was always worth tuning in to see what he would do, what Luke would do, etc. We have no interesting or entertaining faces of the franchise right now, so that and the lack of draft excitement means it's just a miserable slog.
Yeah, Cam went 0-4 his rookie season but IT WAS FUN. Frustrating, but fun! This is "uhh first and goal from the 3 let's just run it"

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

epic bacon posted:

the NFC South is currently on an 0-5 streak. how much can they lose? the possibilities are endless
I give the Panthers a toss up on beating The Bye. If there’s a serious injury or personnel problem then The Bye wins.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I don’t actually think the Bucs have the same problem as the Saints. Like they’re explicitly taking the cap hits this year to clean up the books going forward. They’ve gotten a lot younger overall.

That said I wonder if they’re trying to keep Evans to help break in a new rookie qb next year or if they’re just trying to not be embarrassingly terrible this year so they want to keep some of the franchise favorites around.
I heard that if you are trying to help a rookie QB the best move is to trade away your best receiver and any future draft picks that can help him out.

Wait, that's terrible :negative:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

I mean for sure he’s gonna have a lot of TDs heaving it up to those receivers.

(And just an obscene amount of INTs to go with)
If Jameis Winston unleashes the dragon, he will throw 5 TDs a game.

Some of those TDs will be for the other team.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Alaois posted:

Tepper is trying to get the franchise moved
Where to though, now that Vegas has a team? Salt Lake City?

edit: Maybe Oklahoma City, but I bet that's Cowboys territory.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Nov 7, 2023

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Alaois posted:

Oklahoma City
I leave to go make quick easy nachos and get wooshed. aww dang it

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

Money is on fitterer.

I can’t imagine reich is fired mid season. Offense looks just as bad with Jones calling the plays, probably because he and reich came up with the playbook together.
gently caress it, bring in Paul Johnson and run the flexbone. Who cares at this point?

*suddenly remembers the few times Rivera tried to run an option play with Cam Newton*

Oh yeah, never mind.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Shinji2015 posted:

I don't think there's a competent team between the four of us

Do it like the Pro Bowl and scrape together a team and give them matching NFCS jerseys but they keep their original team helmets.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Oh, you're going to hit me? Not if I hit you first / harder / both.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

A.o.D. posted:

when you can yodel in it.
WHO DAT! who dat who dat who dat

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

BlindSite posted:

I'm happy for Baker and if its not us in the playoffs I'm always happier seeing an NFC S team win than not. The fact I got to feed it to two eagles fans in group chats today is just the icing on the creamcicle.
Are there many NFL fans in Australia? Or do you have group chats with Americans as well? Or American expats in Australia?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

wandler20 posted:

I just had my first sample taste, coming along nicely!
Did you add okra and filé? Gotta get it nice and sticky. snotty

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Why was 19 scared of 20? Because 28-3.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

MJBuddy posted:

I could produce a lot of stats for the Falcons.

Lost fumbles is a stat. Hire me fools
I’ll get the missed tackles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Yep altho Key West has a claim too. Regardless it definitely didn’t get created in Miami. Tampas Cuban community predates all the Castro stuff by quite a bit
Many worked at wrapping cigars, and the factory would hire someone to read newspapers and books to them while they worked
https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/71485/lectores-who-read-cubas-cigar-rollers