Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Why Your Team Sucks finally got to an NFCS team. I can't believe it took so long.

https://archive.ph/ua6Xw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
3 game suspension

https://twitter.com/NOLAnews/status/1687532335372107791

Carolina up for Why Your Team Sucks

https://archive.ph/U4QaG

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Saints up for WYTS

https://archive.ph/RxIbM

quote:

Behind Carr remains Jameis Winston. And hey, at least Jameis won’t get the He’s grown into a respected veteran mentor! narrative anymore, like he puts on a pair of reading glasses and a houndstooth blazer with patches on the elbows before heading out to steal a bunch of cocktail shrimp. Jameis is garbage time made flesh. Backing up Derek Carr was always his destiny.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Aug 7, 2023

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

Anyone could win this division and it wouldnt be a surprise

Not a lot of difference between 6-11 and the 8-9 needed to win the division. Couple good bounces.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Cam Jordan montage in the preseason game

https://twitter.com/DraftKings/status/1690784901216219136

First team looked good, and then got taken off the field immediately so there's still over a half to go but no real reason to watch the rest.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
poo poo, they still think they're having this preseason game huh?

https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/1692944399217426934

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Why wouldnt they?

I think the hurricane turned right a bit so it won't be as bad for LA (worse for Baja). I dunno better safe than sorry in these situations though?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Yeah gonna be a great game definitely worth having

https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/1693388510538178659

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

GD_American posted:

the Saints had an absolutely horrendous run of dickpunch playoff losses.

Not looking it up, but it certainly felt like it went Alex Smith last minute bomb to a tight end, Lynch going beast mode, Diggs miracle, no-call DPI right in a row.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Coasterphreak posted:

This sounds like a lot of excuses for being bad.

Yes, every team that does not win the Super Bowl each year is bad

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oof, that's so awful 😞

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Broncos are trading for Wil Lutz. Guess Grupe is the Saints kicker.

Broncos are really Saints West

https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/1696557836384227519

Trade for a kicker? wtf

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

It’s a seventh rounder next year. :shrug:

Ah, ok nevermind then. Basically the Saints cut Will Lutz and did Sean Payton a solid by making sure the Broncos got him

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
When Michael Thomas breaks his foot 3 minutes into the first game of the season

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The last person on the team I think would get popped for this

Like ... I don't think you're doing steroids right dude. Shouldn't you be bigger or something?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Haven't seen the Panthers Falcons. Bryce Young bad?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

Imagine not being 1-0 lol

Inconceivable

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

really queer Christmas posted:

I just got off a plane, how did the saints look.

Ah, real problems in the run game. Carr was not lighting the world on fire, but did seem like a marked improvement over Jameis or Dalton (earning that $150 million? Not yet). New kicker acquitted himself well. Michael Thomas looked good all things considered.

The defense played great. No complaints. Obviously won that game on D.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

really queer Christmas posted:

I wonder how much the offense as a whole is going to suffer till Kamara is back. MT looking good isn't the worry. It's him lasting more than one quarter of a season

Honestly though, with him out for basically 2 years, I'm pretty happy to see him look good. Their first play on offense, which I'm sure they worked on all week, was a great sideline pass to him.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Yesterday's announcers were a bit weird. I still prefer Fox to CBS FOR FOOTBALL ONLY (make sure I make that clear).

The color dude was, like, too smart for TV. He was getting in deep on like "here's what I've been saying about these D-line stunts ..." and my dude I do not care. The right tackle has a weakness against a power rush that you've studied since he was in college? Good for you I just watch football and go "My team should throw better. They should tackle that guy faster."

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Beavis and Butthead do football: "That guy sucks. That guy sucks. Whoa, that guy's cool"

Hell yeah

I am a dumb motherfucker; I just want the replay guy to be like "check out this corner get smoked on this play"

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Sep 11, 2023

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

2 weeks in and the NFCS is undefeated against non NFCS teams. Probably the toughest division in football.

NFC South #1 seed + all 3 wild cards

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

I think bijan is the real deal.

Every rookie back gets a label on him as to what kind of runner he is, and usually I think it's just shorthand the commentariat use to quickly classify people, but Bijan really does run like Barry Sanders.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

three posted:

Could've just kept Teddy Bridgewater instead of spending all that on his twin.

Teddy's a good 5 inches taller

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

ulmont posted:

Worst part is I no longer know which team you’re complaining about.

At least Bryce has the excuse of having no receivers

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Relentlessboredomm posted:

is baker the best qb in the nfc south right now?

Yeah probably

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Derek Carr is like ... the 14th player most responsible for this, behind the 11 defensive starters, Olave, and the kicker.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
These first two Saints games have been the most boring games I've ever seen. It's nice to have a good defense, but we apparently can't score TDs until the 4th quarter.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Pershing posted:

Did I miss something? Apparently he hurt his ankle?

Wrenched his back when his boss made him fish a fat kid out of the chocolate river

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I think "processing" is a way to talk about that intangible of ability to get the ball out on time, and it does make a big difference. Those QBs like Darnold who have all the right physical traits but end up looking like goobers cannot process. Darnold and like every big time USC QB. It's the biggest draft mistake a team can make is getting a goober QB who can't time a route properly.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Honestly the biggest mistake with Young was getting rid of Moore to get him. I keep thinking of that 2 pt conversion they needed to pull within 3 of the saints late and none of the WRs could get any separation. It was pathetic.

Panthers need a first round WR next year, unless they traded that first too. Then they need a big free agent.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Sean Payton had a day I see

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
well well well

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

perhaps a downgrade with Jameis starting.

It's a pretty big step down. Carr hasn't lit the world on fire, but our offense just stopped without him on the field.

However, we are getting Kamara back.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Shinji2015 posted:

Bright side, at least we don't have to get our hopes up of being competitive within the division.

I still don't understand why you guys gave up on the run once Carr went down. I may be misremembering but it seemed like Jameis was throwing a lot there

Yeah he was. In particular the very last series before the FG attempt, I would have just run Taysom 3 times. I think we ran him once for 1 yard and then 2 incompletions.

It didn't wind up mattering because we missed the FG, but if we'd made it, there would have been enough time for Green Bay to get its own FG to win.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Inaccurate video because the Saints fan would also be talking about that time we won the Super Bowl

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
:lol:

https://twitter.com/ArthurJ7/status/1708494207483089098

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I was asleep. I see we are having another offensive explosion today.

lol Carr missing a long throw drew boos. The first half must have been an atrocious performance

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Oct 1, 2023

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Glad we could get Winston in there to throw a pick at the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer