Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:rubby:

quote:

David Tepper's five years owning the Panthers have come at a cost of $75,862,069 per win, and that doesn't include the playoff games, of which there have been none. But he has had five coaches including the new guy, Frank Reich, whose offense was allegedly too clever for the Indianapolis Colts, which means that Tepper likes being involved, and we all know how involved owners do. Bryce Young will be the ninth starting quarterback in the Tepper era, so bet accordingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

X.com links don't auto embed, you have to manually change it to saying twitter.com because the stupidest man alive owns that site now

https://twitter.com/daringantt/status/1690419908008419328?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Signed an extension March 14 last year
Blew out his knee July 28
Was activated, but didn't play, January 16

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah it's sounding like his career's over

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1695600766721937590

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Payton does deserve fired, I agree completely

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

What's the opposite of a pep talk? A death knell?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Forrest on Fire posted:

Set your watches for the March "Loomis can't keep doing this" effort posts

I mean, the "he can't keep doing this and field a good team" parts have been completely true the last two years now. Decisively we have hit the point where kicking the can forever stops resulting in a good team

Should have bit the bullet when you had the chance, now you're stuck in hell for years before you can even begin to think about being legit competitive

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

BlindSite posted:

I am glad we all suck together.

In a way it's the best division. No one left behind, the ultimate sportsmen

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

A.o.D. posted:

NFC South 2023: We all suck down here

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Today's win or go home day https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/news/potential-changes-coming-in-carolina

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

zimbomonkey posted:

This makes more sense if we weren't being told all summer that actually Bryce is way ahead of where rookies usually are.

It's been more than two full months of play now, I feel confident getting it off my chest after seeing him duck it either into the stands, into dirt, or way over his receivers against the second-worst team in the league that he very much isn't way ahead of anyone talent-wise. Won't say he can't be fixed or is broken, but yeah, in terms of "he's the immediate star of the group" I've seen enough there to know that's a lie

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RumbleFish posted:

Certainly Bryce should wear some of the blame for our dysfunction

It's this. Maybe there's some posts I haven't seen here so I won't say nobody thinks he's the only or biggest problem, but he is a problem, it was one that couldn't be patched over last night to the point of ignoring it, and if they didn't think so too given his performance they don't have the kicker try the record distance at the end (which I still thought had a better chance of being good than a Bryce throw given what he'd been doing and missing wide all day, 1% chance vs no chance)

Definitely not the only one, or the biggest one, or the immediately-fixable one (Reich and Fitterer gone between now and Black Friday please. Frankly if you believe Bryce can be fixed this is the only option you should be rooting for, after a full year under these clowns it might be too late. Trevor needed time to recover from half a year of Urban, and Bryce already looks more shellshocked post-bye and on the way to the actual hard part of the schedule)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Silly Burrito posted:

What if we shared the championship and each NFCS team played one quarter in the first playoff game?

"First playoff game" implies there will be more than one

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Remaining NFC South games:

Bucs: Packers, Jags, Saints, Panthers
Saints: Giants, Rams, Bucs, Falcons
Falcons: Panthers, Colts, Bears, Saints
Panthers: Falcons, Packers, Jags, Bucs

Barudak posted:

Mate, all these teams are for sure losing 2 more games. Nobody is winning 3.

You have a non zero chance of a 7-10 division winner

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Flacco-led Browns vs Baker-led Bucs in the Super Bowl. Either Baker gets his revenge, or Flacco gets his Hall-clinching second ring and SB MVP

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:stonk:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1738885269451923734?t=VGM6y5fh9bDh9sOhB_t89w&s=19

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Do I believe the Bucs can beat the Eagles? Ehhh
Do I believe the Eagles can lose to the Bucs? Absolutely

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:rubby: what a coward, apologizing for something cool while blaming the players

https://twitter.com/MikeTriplett/status/1744106373749641558?t=ttnliPYjXeWkdTxre7xVlA&s=19

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

really queer Christmas posted:

a true sicko would have wanted 2 NFC south teams to ruin the playoff experience for the other teams

Saints didn't deserve poo poo after the Allen apology, unfortunately. Shame when someone has to ruin it for everybody

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Redeye Flight posted:

Also courtesy of his links section, have Amy "Princess of Darkness" Trask just ripping Allen's skin off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B9ZumBTlPA

Legit refreshing hearing someone even formerly from corporate willing to talk poo poo about someone who was and remains a clear fraud nobody likes

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:rubby:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pershing posted:

I want total chaos in Philly so Go Bucs

:same:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

2023 SYNOPSES:

- the falcons

https://twitter.com/MarkMaske/status/1748368875765314038?s=20

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pay Baker and keep Evans

Bowles is whatever. You're prob not winning a ring under him, but this year certainly ended better than expected by all metrics; nobody predicted a team in the division, let alone them, getting a playoff win and being a bad 2-point decision away from being near a conference championship appearance. Try to build off that; #9 cap space in the league rn to work with

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Bill is gonna seriously end up being out of the league.

Breer said Atlanta wanted Bill as just HC and Bill stuck to his guns so they stuck to theirs :rubby:

He wants to be in the league long enough to get a wins record and wants to be GM too for it, and thinks going into interviews telling people that and having no answer for the inevitable "well, what do we do after you get that" is fine. Completely gone

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

zimbomonkey posted:

1. Tepper didn't have a rep when Evero signed on, Most of that has come on over the course of the last year.

2. Evero signed on to work with a coaching staff and a defense which would theoretically have a few key pieces, many of which have now been cut out from under him. This is not what he signed up for.

3. Keeping Evero doesn't help the Panthers defense perform that much better, they're too devoid of talent. They have a very low ceiling. Now he's being chained to that.

4. I never said Dave wasn't in his legal right. I just said it makes him an rear end in a top hat. I think a reasonable person would look at these changes and cut him loose to find a better opportunity where he could hone his skills, not keep him in a dead end job. Good luck ever getting a coordinator to sign a long-term deal again, why would anyone do that knowing that this organization will just decide to suck you in like quicksand?

5. I cannot overemphasize how douchey the "You signed a contract, now suffer" mindset is. You have to sign a contract to work! No NFL team is going to take a year to year freelancer! Also, times and situations change and it falls upon the more powerful party in this situation to acknowledge that and make the necessary adjustment.

:agreed: completely, especially with #5

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:rubby: WOWWWW

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/AdamHBeasley/status/1783664051387535513

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/NFL_DougFarrar/status/1783673442157613246

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/1783674486966952055

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

not shocked :rubby:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shinji2015 posted:

Even if Tepper wasn't visibly upset, the sign got to him enough that David Tepper, a billionaire who presumably has his hands in all sorts of different pots and has much more important things to do, went out of his way to stop at the restaurant to ask the manager who should be making the pick.

And he didn't even read the sign, obviously! The answer's right there!

This fully justifies all the years of saying Haslam believed the Manziel hobo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

zimbomonkey posted:

No, we won't find out in 6 months. If everyone is bad in 6 months then we'll have to give them all a pass because we know the problem is the 5'10" elephant in the room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

You have become the mcmagic of panthers fans.