Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Grip it and rip it posted:

Now we just need to get him a ring

If he heads on dow to LCR he can get a great deal on a wax ring for the toilet bowl the Saints are heading to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah. I was shocked when they made the switch to Coke.

It's akin to making Chik-fil-A the official chicken of the Saints

I just checked, still Raising Cane's.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

I like my Ws fried and topped with some crawfish étouffée .

I prefer a panee with a meuniere sauce.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

wandler20 posted:

Kamara doesn't scare me.

So you'd happily ride in an elevator with him?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

really queer Christmas posted:

while im glad the meltdown loss didn't happen inside the division, id have much prefered it be to the lions. not the loving packers.

There will be more opportunities to watch more of the same this season, and in the coming years.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Sean Payton had a day I see

It's like he's trying to coach himself out of the hall of fame.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He wasn’t a lock to begin with but sure not helping his case now even though he probably couldn’t have known that Vance Joseph has apparently completely forgotten how football works.

At the rate he's going, he'll be lucky to have a job come black Monday. He might not even last the whole season.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Relentlessboredomm posted:

He’s fine. At worst he’ll fire Vance Joseph into the sun.

We'll see. It's one thing to lose a string of close games, it's another to get blown out week after week.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

payton cant get fired until the broncos lose out and give the saints the #33 pick

Dennis Allen would probably just get a kicker or reach on a running back that is 6th round talent at best.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Congrats, Bucs, on beating a bunch of old men led by a coward

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Ripperljohn posted:

3-3 and 3rd in the division, Saints about to get a New Balance deal.

We bad, but it doesn’t feel like we’re that bad?

The Saints are worse than bad, they're mediocre. Bad can at least lead to cleaning house and an advantageous position in the draft. Mediocrity just feeds into itself in this league.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

It’s a fair concern, but let’s not forget that Lutz missed quite a few last year. He made 23 of 31 field-goal attempts for the Saints in 2022 for a career-low success rate of 74.2 percent.

He wasn’t as automatic as he was in his pre-injury years. Whether it was the yips or not, who knows.

I’m still inclined to give Grupe a leash, but it’s short. The 50+ kick I understand but he should absolutely be making a 27 yarder.

The trade didn't result in an upgrade, but it did at least get a pick, I guess. I dunno, I don't think it was necessarily a bad thing, but it also probably won't make much of a difference in the long run.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

GD_American posted:

I do kinda miss the self-pitying years of the bag-on-head Aints. Losing is at least a little fun when it's a group commiseration with some flair, and boy howdy jesus did the 80s/90s Saints know ho to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

We need someone to resurrect the Schwegmann's grocery store chain so that we can get back in uniform.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Now that is a seriously snake bit organization.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

GD_American posted:

Kenner police literally gunned down people on the GNO trying to escape Katrina, you're not going to impress them dude

I think that was the Gretna PD, not Kenner. Not that the Kenner PD deserves even a hint of slack.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Grip it and rip it posted:

Is there a 28-3 hidden in there that I'm just not seeing?

In line 2 there is the number 8. More numbers don't appear in the tweet until 3 lines later.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

NFC South 2023: We all suck down here

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Probably Covid. There's a wave of it sweeping the New Orleans area. It got me a couple of weeks ago.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

His instincts are terrible.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

MJBuddy posted:

At this point I'm just exhausted that the Saints offense is designed so well (usually) but playcalling is using strategies from a decade and a half ago.

No PA, establishing the run nonsense, runs on first and 10, runs on 2nd and 10, multiple games without motion, fade routes on key downs. Just poo poo that should get you fired.

It's not like the designs are immaculate, but that could be players looking slow to pick up the offense. It's been better the last few weeks but on paper there's no reason the Saints should have won today given the offense had two good drives and failed to score on a majority of 5 turnovers. Good job not throwing interceptions, I guess.

15 years ago was the Sean Payton era and he wasn't pulling this rote play calling bullshit. Sure he was a little too loose with the challenge flags and got cute with the trick plays sometimes, but the Payton era is old enough to vote now.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I miss Pierre Thomas in the screen.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Lmao Saints, maybe they pull it out in the second half but this is such an awful look

that would require Dennis Allen to not be a bitch rear end coward. They're gonna get epically stomped.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Saints fire Allen and hire Slowik or Johnson pls. Let’s move on from this 10 years past it’s expiration date WCO poo poo that only works when you’ve got Sean Payton calling plays for Drew Brees.

Bonus points if it's Chef Slowik from The Menu.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

I stopped watching for awhile. Why the gently caress is Jameis Winston on my TV?

Carr broke down, got towed back to the dealership.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

Dad and I decided not to renew the PSLs today. Had them since 1995. Had always assumed I’d take them over but neither of us can justify it, and I don’t see things improving under tepper.

Wait, you have to pay annually for seat licenses AND season tickets?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

Jerry Richardsons gift to the league.

Pay annually for the right to pay to watch that poo poo.

Most bad years my dad breaks even by selling the big name tickets, but we couldn’t even sell our cowboys tickets today because there were so many for sale.

what a loving grift.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Goodell doesn't have any will independent of the owners. He is very well paid to be the public heel to draw heat from the villainous ownership.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Allen/Carmichael/Carr offense is scientifically designed to remove all fun from the game of football.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I didn't watch the Saints because I quite literally slept through the game. The nap was pretty good, ngl.

However, now that I've just checked the box score... it's the 1980s all over again, isn't it? drat, maybe I can get all my hair back and a brand new Optimus Prime for Christmas this year.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The upside to Carr is that he doesn't make costly mistakes. The downside to Carr is that he doesn't make plays.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

sexy tiger boobs posted:

What about that pick 6?

He was helping out the Jameis fans in the stands.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Holy poo poo did RGIII really do the Family guy ragdoll?!?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

What in the absolute gently caress Lumberjack Dennis

https://twitter.com/Kat_Terrell/status/1731426341042508258

Since he's a lumberjack, I guess he won't mind being taken out back behind the woodshed.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Maybe but at least they didn’t collapse against Carolina.

But what if I wanted that to happen?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Well all suck the same amount (offer not valid in Charlotte, NC).

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Need to do some more losing for that.

I think the Saints have too many wins already for that, and the trade up to get him would be a Ditka level galaxy brain.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Congrats on your moral victory saints. You almost did a thing when no one was looking

what? Dennis Allen is still the coach and Jameis is still on the team. We've won nothing.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Redeye Flight posted:

Yes, but you lost by ONE score instead of by FOUR!

How many times have the Saints sprayed diarrhea all over the scoreboard only to just barely make it respectable in the closing quarter? 4? 5 times this season? They are the definition of being worse than their record.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

bad teeth can kill you. Get a check up twice a year and take care of your teeth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

kidcoelacanth posted:

it's not a winning record until we have 9, slow y'all's roll

Do they say y'all in Tampa? I thought Duncan out numbered Krispy Kremes and you guys didn't have a waffle house until fairly recently.