Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

There is a time, like a year away.
Where you really like to hear your kid babbling and you cant wait till they can talk.

Yeah, gently caress....... enjoy that, cause it pretty quickly turns into you wishing they would just shut the gently caress up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Make sure to start your kid on creatine and protein powder early

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
All children don't pay attention when you want them to and do pay attention when you don't want them to.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Das Boo posted:

All children don't pay attention when you want them to and do pay attention when you don't want them to.

just like 40+ year old goons tbh

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
If you’re a stepdad the standard for excellence is so low that if you can’t make it you’re a freakin chump

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Tell your kids that a child-eating monster lives in their closet. If you don't have a closet, no problem, say it lives under their bed.

One night, say "I'm tired of living in fear like this!" and pretend to kill the monster with your bare hands. Your kids will idolize you. But the next time they act up, just say "Oh no, I just got a letter in the mail that the monster's brother is coming! He's too strong for me to fight!"

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Get them a drumset

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

A Fancy Hat posted:

Tell your kids that a child-eating monster lives in their closet. If you don't have a closet, no problem, say it lives under their bed.

One night, say "I'm tired of living in fear like this!" and pretend to kill the monster with your bare hands. Your kids will idolize you. But the next time they act up, just say "Oh no, I just got a letter in the mail that the monster's brother is coming! He's too strong for me to fight!"

My dad put a poster of Hulk Hogan on the closet door and said that Hulk will make sure no monsters go in my room. He did the same thing with my little brother except it was a poster of Stone Cold. It worked.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

My dad put a poster of Hulk Hogan on the closet door and said that Hulk will make sure no monsters go in my room. He did the same thing with my little brother except it was a poster of Stone Cold. It worked.

good parenting.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

If you’re a stepsdad the standard for excellence is so low that if you can’t make it you’re a freakin chump

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

Unload your genetic information and leave the nation

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Make sure your kids enjoy the same things you do. If you have nostalgia for the SNES then guess what? Little Timmy's gonna love it, too. If he doesn't? Just keep forcing it on him. It'll eventually stick and he definitely won't choke you to death with an SNES controller one day.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
If you give someone a little bit of every poison every day they become resistant to every poison

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

You can pretend to devour the belly of your infant and it will laugh in joy, oblivious to the horrors you parody

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Tomfoolery posted:

You can pretend to devour the belly of your infant and it will laugh in joy, oblivious to the horrors you parody

:lol:

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

get your kid a smartphone once they start interacting with objects. put it in the crib with them with Ryan's World on autoplay. put peach schnapps on the binky.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

don’t take too many photos, it’s a pain to sort through them all and you’ll never do it

one or two per year should be enough to remind you what your child looks like

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Always laugh when the kid falls down.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Bad Purchase posted:

don’t take too many photos, it’s a pain to sort through them all and you’ll never do it

one or two per year should be enough to remind you what your child looks like

In this vein, be sure to print out your pictures and store them in an album or on the wall or something so that you don't need to rely on cloud storage to see your pictures 20 years later. This applies to parents and non-parents.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Give them a new gun on every birthday, kids love guns.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Homeschool them wrong, as a joke

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Drive your enemies before you and hear the lamination of their women.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Icochet posted:

Homeschool them wrong, as a joke

As opposed to the typical way

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe
Bags of glass shards make fun and entertaining toys

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Teach your child all the wrong words for things and colors. The fun they'll have when they start school will be a real treat.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

try a dog first

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

it's sort of like parenting but a little harder

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Great thing about a starter fur baby is once the real baby comes you forget all about the dog

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Hide your eggs in the nest of more capable suckers and let them raise your kids.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
All the worst monsters in history knew how to walk. Maybe discourage learning that

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

A good parent will apply weights to all the limbs of their child from the age of 2 so that they become strong as they get older. If your child can't handle 25kg weights on their arms by the age of 7, you're not training them hard enough.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

don't hit your kids in any way and generally just be kind to them :shrug:

Edit: sorry to serious post

teach them to swim by chucking them in with the alligators at your local aquarium

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Tarkus posted:

A good parent will apply weights to all the limbs of their child from the age of 2 so that they become strong as they get older. If your child can't handle 25kg weights on their arms by the age of 7, you're not training them hard enough.

yup. this is known as Progressive Overload

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Your hormones will make you more tuned to their cries than you realize. You really can sleep when they sleep you'll wake up when they start making noise.

Only buy like, 5 outfits/toys for them, you'll probably get overwhelmed by hand-me-downs from other parents desperate to get rid of poo poo.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Cowman posted:

don't hit your kids in any way and generally just be kind to them :shrug:

I hit my kid with hard-hitting FACTS, buster

Pull your pants up no one will hire you if they can see your underwear!!!

You won't be able to afford a house and I LIKE it that way!!!

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Smugworth posted:

I hit my kid with hard-hitting FACTS, buster

Pull your pants up no one will hire you if they can see your underwear!!!

You won't be able to afford a house and I LIKE it that way!!!

young child DESTROYED with facts and logic!

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

if you get attacked by feral hogs you can easily outrun your child, gifting you valuable extra time to escape

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Train yourself to stop swearing before they start talking. Cutting back on saying gently caress all the time was surprisingly difficult. And while hearing my one year old daughter call one of her toys “this stupid loving thing” in my own cadence was hilarious, it could lead to embarrassment down the road.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Ralph Hurley posted:

Train yourself to stop swearing before they start talking. Cutting back on saying gently caress all the time was surprisingly difficult. And while hearing my one year old daughter call one of her toys “this stupid loving thing” in my own cadence was hilarious, it could lead to embarrassment down the road.

This is the worst loving goddamn bullshit advice I’ve ever heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Teach them to cuss really well early on so they have a head start on their sailing careers.