Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

GOTY

(I haven't played yet, but lurking this thread is getting me super hype)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

insane anime posted:

are you enjoying the game now

I'm currently knee deep in AC6 and will be busy over labor day weekend, so I'm planning on firing it up next week. I'll be sure to report in once I've gotten started!

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Finally got rolling on this (RIP my AC6 playthrough) and this game absolutely rips. I was into it from the jump, but the clincher was my first fight against a gang of graverobbers in the ruins. I had Gale cast grease on a bunch of guys standing next to oil barrels, then raged (barbarian gang lets fuckin go) and heaved a massive candelabrum into their leader, causing shockingly good damage, but then igniting the grease and causing a chain of explosions, which absolutely wrecked these poor fuckers.

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Lmao

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Sub-Actuality posted:

milf's acid arrow

insane anime posted:

[PHDDs] Smart Milfs are recruiting!

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Lmao

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Recruiting a fungus-bro to help you with duergar genocide in the underdark absolutely rules. I didn't love having to kill him afterwards, but thems the breaks I guess.

Also, the relationship system in this game is loving hilarious. Gale likes it when I help people, Astarion likes it when I do random murders, but everyone likes it when I pet the dog.

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Pragmatica posted:

this bummed me out too. definitely making a different choice next time! :)

Hell yeah. This is the first huge RPG I've played in a long while where I straight up can't wait for my second playthrough. Game's good, folks.

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I don't think I've used Wyll once but I appreciate having a relatively straightforward personality amidst a gaggle of super special freaks. Like in a party where two separate people have had their hearts replaced with magical bombs by divine/infernal magic it's okay if one guy is a little dull

I kind of enjoy the concept behind changing up the classic paladin trope character with "what if infernal pact instead?", but he's just kind of boring to have around

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Finally finished Act 1 last night! Heading into the mountain pass to find Lae'zel's (presumably) murderous friends, then on into Curseland.

This game is insanely good so far. All of the big set piece combat encounters have this puzzle-like quality, where they feel basically impossible if taken head on, but there's always a clever way to tip the scales. I'm less than a third of the way through the game (if other imps playtimes can be used as a guide) and I feel like I'm drowning in game-changing magic items, but the complexity and difficulty of fights means I'm never feeling overpowered. It's really drat cool design.

Also, barbarian + throw damage bonus items is just :discourse:. Killing your enemies with the corpses of their friends will never get old.

If I have one complaint it's that the game might be held back by the D&D ruleset. For example, the power jump from level 4 -> 5 is so drastic that it's basically impossible for the developers to have designed encounters that are theoretically survivable at 4, but still challenging at 5. Then again, getting my rear end handed to me by the swamp hag at level 4, then coming back to absolutely wipe the floor with her at 5 did feel awesome, so it's possible I'm thinking too hard about this one.

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Yeah, the only way I've found tell that you've transitioned to Act 2 is it's shown on the save/load screen. When you click on one of the paths out of the starting area (like the mountain pass), it makes a big deal of telling you to wrap things up before continuing, but I'm able to freely travel back to the Act 1 areas, so I'm not sure what's actually getting blocked off when you do.

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Wormskull posted:

lmfao I just had the bard try to extract my parasite through my eye and then he half apologized and ran 2x faster than any creature I've ever seen move in this game around my camp looking for the exit.

Oh poo poo, can you combo this with giving an eye to the hag and fully blind your main character? Suuuper tempted to load an old save and find out...

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Wormskull posted:

It wouldn't make sense with what you get but I was hoping he'd just give me a lovely one I could trade her later lol.

That'd loving rule. Also, thematically appropriate to beat a hag at her own game like that.

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

net cafe scandal posted:

If you whoop her rear end she offers a stat boost to spare her / let her steal teh baby. And thats the form it takes. Spoilers

I guess I killed her so quickly that the "offer surrender" script didn't trigger lol. Absolutely would have taken a stat boost over saving a (remarkably ungrateful) NPC!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Wormskull posted:

The answer is no.

Dang. Thank you for your service in giving it a shot, though.