Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Amazing game. I waited for the PS5 version. I spent all of the past 2 weekends playing and am only just starting to look at the mountain pass area. I sided with the druids but I stayed neutral with the goblins right up to the point where I killed all their leaders. It's amazing that they gave all the bad guys names and personalities and voiced lines and you can just hang out in their camp get drunk and try to wrestle an owlbear cub. I definitely have to do an evil playthrough whenever I finally finish the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Does leaving the starting area count as finishing act 1? I spent most of yesterday exploring the underdark and stopped after getting wrecked by the guy guarding the forge. I accidentally killed the husband of the dwarf in the mushroom area and I was not expecting her response to be oh well he was a piece of poo poo

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I love that you just stay covered in the blood of your enemies forever and nobody has anything to say about it.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I figured out how the djinn at the circus was tricking people so he sent Karlach into the jungle to fight dinosaurs and she got an incredible throwing trident at the end. Incredible effort for an area maybe 10% of players will see... this game is insane

Even the voice acting from using the speak with animals is insanely high effort. I found a side quest you can do early on where you help a random rat steal from the grove's food stores.