Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Cease to Hope posted:

someone brought 60 cultists, three full-size ACDCs, abaddon, and some other stuff to london GT and got fourth

But did they bring a soundboard app with all the old Dawn of War Chaos Cultists voicelines?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Athas posted:

She also managed to convert a The Masque model (normally a Slaanesh daemon) to a Solitaire

That's both fantastic, and lore-accurate!

The Masque once infiltrated a Harlequin performance and enraptured the audience into her thrall with her dancing, until a Solitaire (the only member allowed to play Slaanesh in reenactments of Eldari History) showed up and broke the spell, engaging in a dance-off with the Masque for 6 days and nights until she missed a step and fled.

Cease to Hope posted:

another lore-accurate cool thing is that you can make up stories like that any time you want and say it's lore

True but my story's in the daemon codex

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Oct 26, 2023

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

They bumped up the Carnifex boxed set from $90 to $100 american and it still hasn't come back in stock for a year :negative:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

BadLlama posted:

Is there an index somewhere of like Citadel X paint = X pain in Vallejo = X paint in Army Painter paint etc?

I use the paintRack app (full feature version with the color tools cost like 5bux which I had saved up from google surveys. I think the free version only lets you maintain your paint inventory/shopping list) which can show analogues, color-match from pictures, etc

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Axetrain posted:

Man 170 points for Genestealers, that seems a little high or am I wrong.

Vanguard Assault gives them some gas but I guess we'll see if GW swings the pendulum back to a more moderate rebalancing after last quarter's balance slate/point update went a bit heavy on the Nids in anticipation of their fresh new codex (and the fact that the accompanying nerfs to Eldar might have opened up a power vacuum for them to fill in) giving them too much zazz.

My poor Tyrannofex, shot in both knees and left behind while people just jam Exocrines now

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Professor Shark posted:

Edit: Can someone give me the tldr on the Farsight Enclaves, including conspiracy theories?

Farsight was a kickass Tau commander (Fought a lot of Orks and Nids),

He fought Orks on an abandoned planet with some old Chaos temples, accidentally summoned some daemons from the fighting in/around an old temple. After the fighting ended, he realized his ethereals were dead, and suspected the daemons were actually extra-dimensional beings. He kept up his military ops (defying standard regulations to go get new Ethereals) and eventually realized that in retrospect the Ethereal Caste miiiiight have been mind-controlling Tau ever since they appeared a long time ago.

He already had some heavily fortified bases on the edge of known (to Tau) space and kept going fighting Orks/Nids/Imperium that got too close, but cut off contact to the main Empire.

Also he found a magic sword back on that abandoned xeno planet with the Chaos temples. It probably is keeping him alive (If Farsight is the same Farsight and not an assumed title, he's over 300 years old which is older than any Tau can naturally be)

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

When's the next Points/Balance sheets supposed to come out?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

I've had Vallejo white and grey primers be really mediocre-looking coveragewise when painted on, but my bottle of the German Red Brown paints on smooth and even like a painted-chocolate confectionary

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

OctaMurk posted:

A little bit of an annoying situation in my escalation league -- we are supposed to submit our list at the beginning of the phase, which is to be our list vs all opponents in that phase. Therefore you need to make a take all comers list, right? I message my list to the organizer and print out my list, stats for my opponent and rjn through a summary od what the units are/can do before the game.

Twice now, an opponent -- having seen my whole army and heard what everything can do, has said "oh i forgot to make a list" and then on the spot made their list thinking about what I have. I dont think forget on purpose but even so I think its just not cool

1) Ask the organizer to remind people to be more dilligent
2) "Here's my list, in my hand. Do you have yours? We'll swap papers and look/explain. Oh you don't have it? I'll wait (to unpack)"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Beaucoup Cuckoo posted:

Am I going to catch poo poo for using a two headed fateweaver as an LoC in tournaments? I'm kinda just assembling my greater daemons to look cool. It's going to suck if I have to buy a double one day just for WYSIWYG

Make a greenstuff bird hood to cover one of the heads when it's a normal LoC