Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The earliest and the hottest of takes followed by the laughter of thirsting gods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Gambrinus posted:

When were Dark Eldar invented? (I don't mean in-universe, I mean in Nottingham).

As an army? I wanna say they debuted in 3rd edition. So like '98?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Like, in the lore? There are so many Ultramarine successor chapters that can come help the Ultramarines at a moment's notice it's ridiculous. Then there's their support fleets and auxiliaries...

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Sephyr posted:

"At a moment's notice" may be pushing it. Those chapters all have protectorates and wars/defenses they are currently pursuing, and many cannot drop everything and book for Ultramar unless they are happy to let whole sectors get eaten by Tyranids, swamped with rowdy orks or socialized by the T'au.

Add in the vagaries of warp travel and it may be weeks, months or even years before significant reinforcemernts arrive. Unless the plot needs them to get there immediately, of course!

I'm just basing that assumption on how many successors Dante was able to muster when it came to the defense of Baal prior to the arrival of Hive Fleet Leviathan.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

And the Ultramarines defended Macragge against Leviathan by themselves with the help of a Battle Fleet, a Titan Legion and the Ultramar Auxilia.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Here's a fun thing to wonder about, how many Space Marines actually took part in the Seige of Terra on both sides?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ashcans posted:

Warhammer Community posted the latest winrates, which show that there is still a lot of work to be done on balance:

You see the data as an indication that there needs to be more balancing done in 10E.

They see it as an opportunity convince people to buy Space Elves:

Go With a Winner

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I pay $10.24 :canada: bucks when I order bits from the UK. So I try to order as much as I can when I do.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Captain No-mates posted:

Is there a good resource for seeing what citadel paints work as a highlight for other paints? I'm painting my 10th edition box as Hive Fleet Behemoth but I want to do a gross pale flesh for the symbiotic weapons and I'm not sure I'll pick the right paints.

Ya there's an old chart from 2016. It might be useful but obviously doesn't include any of the new paints that've been added since then.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/13/citadel-paints/

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Cease to Hope posted:

can someone in canada confirm:
  • the app still says the army builder is no longer accessible on august 28 without a subscription
  • the page to subscribe to WH+ is still 403 forbidden at the cloudflare level https://mywarhammer.com/subscribe

someone told me this and it is too incompetent to believe but also lmao gw

The app is working fine for me still.

However I recieved this:

https://mywarhammer.com/subscribe posted:

Sorry, you have been blocked
You are unable to access mywarhammer.com

:whoptc:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

As a Canadian I'm now glad I jumped onto this WH+ bandwagon back when it first launched because I wanted More Warhammer. More Often.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Enter the Spidervores.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

shas posted:

silhouette looks a lot like this guy, albeit flipped 180

It's absolutely this dude.

Maybe it's the illustration that's flipped?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

ASAPI posted:

Yeah, the OP seems to gloss over the whole points thing.

:mediocre: Al-Saqr.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Space Marine 2 looking good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHbWX2GD8pk

also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmMUJlpfl-c

"My name is, Pariah Nexus"

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Aug 23, 2023

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

painting > assembling/building > reading > playing

but I would totally play more if I could.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

If printing and shipping issues are the reason why the codices have staggered releases, I wish GW would rocket into the 21st century and just not tie rules to physical things

Experimentation, innovation and invention are considered tantamount to heresy.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

10th is better than 9th because 10 is a bigger number than 9.

Thank you.

*audience claps and TED Talk suggested videos appear on screen*

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Anyone want a 25% off Boltgun? I already have the game and it was rad as heck. FCFS.

quote:

Go to https://store.focus-entmt.com/
Add Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun to your cart while you’re logged in to your account
Proceed to checkout and apply your discount code.

YOUR CODE: BOLTGUN-YGBL-5I5J

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I feel bad for 40K Emperors Children players. Why does GW hate them so much? They finally get an amazing Demon Prince Fulgrim and...it's for 30k. Which is awesome for 30K Emps Children players but the 40K ones...I guess they can proxy him in their armies?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

moths posted:

Not at all. Even the Nazis weren't Nazis about it:

Between different manufacture, variation in materials, uneven wear, and a hundred other factors, "uniform" uniforms are probably the least realistic thing you could paint.

Sure but at least these all look like Nazi uniforms and that they all belong to the same army of shitheads.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Geisladisk posted:

They're from 1994. Them and the couple of other Eldar holdouts from that same release are literally the second oldest models sold by GW.

The oldest is the Skaven plague priest from 1993

Ya, that's about as perfect of a Skaven as you can get. Does anyone know who the sculptor was?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Dude was also subject to death threats, so I dunno, probably a good thing GW doesn't want to put peoples names in Codex's and the like anymore.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

It's dumb, yes.

But I have a suspicion that players have come up with much dumber reasons for why a GK army would fight a Sisters army on the table top.

Cease to Hope posted:

Jes Goodwin, reasonably sure. He did most of those second-generation Skaven

His sculpts stand the test of time and I can see why GW wouldn't immediately rush to replace every single one of them, especially that lovely stinker.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

While on the topic, the idea that Jes Godwin and other 90s sculptors were out there coming up with Sisters of Battle minis in an attempt to give boys boners sure is a thought exercise.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Is it possible the list builder just had the old items removed for the time being and will have the new items deployed on the official day of the codex release?

:hmmyes:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I wonder how many stacks of books filled with rad Jes Godwin concepts begging to be made that GW is just sitting on somewhere.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Space Marines are getting even bigger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk5i7oaJW-Q

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

wtf why don't they just pretend to shoot guns and cannons by yelling "bang! bang!" and "fireball! fireball!" like LARPers do

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I clearly underestimated the potential for LARP related injury and mishap but you guys aren't out there losing eyeballs and limbs.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

:negative:

Thanks for the offer but I'll pass.

LARP safe.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Geisladisk posted:

The new Exorcist is rad as gently caress but the old one had one detail that was absolutely perfect - The gunner? organist? had this absolutely perfect "I'm doing a sweet fuckin' solo on this thing" face. The new ones are all just kind of vanilla "I'm very determined and angry" face.

Only closeup I could find

Apparently, there's an easter egg in the newer Exorcists in that her finger placement on the organ keys corresponds to the opening notes for Tubular Bells.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Pros and cons.

Cons: you can't turn off your brain and speed-Frankenstein your guardsmen models.

Pros: you now have really loving cool guardsmen who aren't gross homunculi made up from organic battlefield detritus.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Tangy Zizzle posted:

I'm with Kitchner on this one, 3rd party sites allowed me to have cool parts and the IG models looked goofy but that was always the point! If they looked too human it would only take away from the 80s/90s satire nature of the setting

*Hands the Human Centipede a lasrifle*

You're in the Guard, sons.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Sep 22, 2023

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That Knight with the Noctilith Crown on its back is some really inspiring stuff.

Frank LastnameRedacted from the Warhammer Social Team probably has a really cool Instagram account that I'd love to peruse if they'd ever let him promote it.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I work with a guy from time to time who not only collects SoB but he's also into Hentai. Make whatever conclusions you want about him as a person based on that information.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Sherbert Hoover posted:

Regardless of other factors, if people around you know you are into hentai, something has gone wrong

He admitted to me that he didn't want to take an at home exam for his CompTIA certification because it would require him to take a 360 webcam view of his room and his computer and he didn't want to take down his hentai stickers.

Other than that... he's an ok dude but his girlfriend
must be a complete deviant like him or an absolute saint. Which might explain what led him to start collecting Sisters.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Sep 25, 2023

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Why yes, I would like to skewer my small jewel like objects of magic and wonder within a waffle maker storage case lined with silicone spikes.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/09/26/give-your-miniatures-a-better-saving-throw-with-the-forthcoming-stormvault-skirmish-case/

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Sep 26, 2023

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

My minis everytime I close the lid on the GW Stormvault Skirmish Case:

https://i.imgur.com/xI4IXNF.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Captain Magic posted:

I got two Leviathan boxes because I’m part of the problem and I used the extra Captain and Librarian bits, plus some other spare stuff, to kitbash a Terminator Chaplain I’m really happy with.

Very cool.