Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

Coronzom posted:

I’ve been out of 40k for a while. How do squad markings work with primaris marines now? It used to be 1-6 are tactical, 7-8 assault, 9-10 devastator. But there’s way more than 2 tours of fire support and assault now. Does each squad just swap between being intercessors or heavy intercessors and hellblasters or inceptors etc.? I always liked the older school Blood Angel look with all the markings but not sure what that’s supposed to be anymore.

With the first wave of primaris introductions, I believe that they did mention 100 guys in a company was remaining the standard, but the standard "squad" was changed from 10 marines to 5. So you have the option of numbering squads up to XX aka 20 if you like or retain the old organization. I kind of think that the 3 marine boxes/unit sizes are kinda divorced from the fluff that is still 5 or 10. It's definitely a bit more fast and loose than in editions past, as others have said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

Stephenls posted:

What I meant is, you said it looked like they redid or separated the sprues. But they didn't; those sprues were always separate. Shadowspear shipped with five sets of sprues, all designed as potentially separate kits:

4) Ten monopose Chaos Space Marines ("Legionaries" now, including one aspiring champion with chainaxe and plasma pistol, one legionary with a plasma gun, one legionary with an autocannon, four legionaries with chainswords, and three legionaries with bolters), two monopose Greater Possessed (just Possessed now), two monopose Obliterators, and a Venomcrawler.

5) One Master of Possession.

Any of these kits can be sold separately but kits 1 and 4 must each be sold together in their entirety. So, for a while, 1 was Start Collecting! Vanguard Space Marines while 4+5 were the second version of Start Collecting! Chaos Space Marines, and 2 and 3 were sold separately. Then, later on, 1 + an Impulsor was Combat Patrol Space Marines. Now 1 is the Vanguard Task Force while 2, 3, and 5 are sold separately and 4 is unavailable. But they still haven't redone or separated anything.

Sorry, I'm only splitting hairs here because you're right, it would be interesting if they'd separated the sprues or re-did the CAD files and made new moulds or something like that. False alarm, though; they did not.

To nitpick your nitpick, from 4), a sprue with two monopose Obliterators and a Venomcrawler mixed together is available separately. It's just the 10 marines and 2 (Greater) Possessed that are mixed together and currently unavailable.

Your point about the series of reboxes with zero sprue redesign is well taken, however.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

Sherbert Hoover posted:

Is there a good way to get models off their base so I can rebase them? Mine are really glued on there with Tamiya and I tried working an x-acto knife under their soles but I don't think I can do it without mangling them.

If you don't mind destroying the old base you can always use snips to just cut through the old base around where the models feet are. I had some old Assault on Black Reach Terminators I've been working on repurposing for 30k where I did that. You can put the models in the freezer (as long as the were originally assembled with some variety of super glue instead of plastic glue) to make the old bonds more brittle as well.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

T-Square posted:

My question is, my GF’s brother mentioned how he also wants to try it out and expressed how cool he thinks the Necrons are. He got us a very generous early Christmas present and I’d like to repay the favor. I haven’t been able to find any sort of Combat Patrol for Necrons, so I assume they either don’t make it or stopped making it
I’m guessing I’ll have to cobble together a few boxes to make an equivalent that he could play against what ever Combat Patrol army I choose? Any suggestions there?

If you're interested in an Indomitus necron half new on sprue and in the US, send me a pm. I've got one to move.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

What's a good unit of dudes to kit-bash into diggers and use as boyz?

I need raggedy rear end humans.

Necromunda Goliaths?