Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Most planets are usually described as having a few million people at most, though. There is a huge gap in the lore where planets either have 100 billion people living in a hive or half a million people spread out in a few population centers. Is it authors continuing to misunderstand scale, or are they trying to explain the small force sizes? Who knows!

I've read a lot of recently written 40k books this year, and it's still very apparent that GW relies on the author's familiarity with the setting instead of having some kind of concrete lore documentation that they work off of. It wouldn't surprise me if authors have the 40k wiki open on a second screen while they write.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Stephenls posted:

If I were super independently wealthy and had nothing but free time I would want to construct a Genestealer Cults army that's all kitbashed together to represent a non-GSC plain old non-chaos non-xenos mass uprising on an Imperial world against Imperial governance.

It'd probably be a terrible army because I'd have to leave out all the gribbly alien units, but I suppose "terrible army doomed to defeat in every battle" is in-theme for a grass-roots mass uprising on a hive world.

I also thought about doing this and was planning to 3d print all of it eventually. I want the dudes to look like industrial workers in overalls though, not the miners in saiyan armor, and haven't found any stls for it that I like yet.