Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Xposted from the Black Library thread:

I have an odd/dumb question. I started reading the first Yarrick novel, and early on they encounter a construct that Yarrick calls a Gargoyle. It's described as being a tall cylander with a central command point surrounded by AA cannons at the top, on four lizard-like metal legs, with four arms each bearing different weapons. They mention an Earthshaker Cannon as one arm, six Leman Russ battle cannons as "fingers" on the second arm, a Storm Eagle missle launcher on the third, but there's no mention of the weapons on the fourth arm.

If I wanted to make this "gargoyle" in real life, what would fit as the final arm? It's described as being built for long-range bombardment and having no close-range anti-personnel weapons, and the world is said to have heavy factories, but not the capability to make Titan-sized vehicles, so I'm assuming the cannons from a Baneblade or Shadowsword would be out of the question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Eej posted:

do Space Marine tankers count towards the 1,000 limit? I feel like I asked this before but now I'm wondering again. Decades of training and precious geneseed to produce a guy who drives a tank around.

There's been mention of servators piloting the various transports or gunships and being wired directly into the weapon controls of vehicles, it's not too far of a stretch to assume the same thing for the tanks.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Wait, isn't that how the Sisters got their initial Rhinos (and Immolators, and...)?