Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Wasn't that around the time Finecast was introduced as well?

Complete nadir for GW, and I'm glad they've righted the ship, mostly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I laughed at loud at the space stag headpiece, just thinking about the many implications it implies.

Do the Leagues have roaming space stags? Did stags survive to the 42nd millennium and are now wide spread across the stars? Was there one League supercomputer that had a .jpg of a stag and went "this looks cool" :corsair:

I like this. Ships in 40K are so big, Elk are like rats. Elk in the walls, just elk everywhere.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

EdsTeioh posted:

I got one of these since it was going to code $300 just in shipping to get a Detolf:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BL757Z4H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The built in lighting is very cool to the point that I don't really even use my overhead lighting in my office anymore. What I *am* looking for though, is some sort of acrylic freestanding shelf. Not like a nail polish rack, which I have for paints, but something that would be like and inverted U that you could place on these shelves to expand the storage.

I bought a few exactly like that from the Container Store. Haven't yellowed or otherwise discolored after 15 years:

https://www.containerstore.com/s/acrylic-risers/d?q=acrylic%20riser&productId=10019504

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Ordered the special day dorf, like an idiot.

Also went to a newish LGS, and was rewarded with a Hexmark Destroyer! It feels weird being happy to pay MSRP for a GW kit, but they've been out of stock for a while, and nuts on the US secondary market.

Also, can anyone help me identify Mr. Fist here? Again, I'm dumb and cut the tab off ages ago for basing purposes.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Safety Factor posted:

That's Captain Cortez from 3rd edition.

It's, uh, not remembered as a good sculpt.

Thank you! Not sure why I bought it. It was probably 10 years ago, and knowing me, the only rational was "cheap on ebay"

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Just tried to place an order on some back in stock stuff.

Why do I have to create an account again? This is like the third time.

Order placed, card charged... Zero confirmation from GW.

Great job guys, this was totally worth it to play a video on the homepage.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Target is offering a 25% off deal that would apply to the Space Marine board game. You have to sign up for their rewards program, but that's it.

Seems like a good deal just for the miniatures.

Also I've been meaning to ask - are movement trays not popular anymore? I'm thinking of printing some just to keep things organized.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Just a reminder that Victoria Lamb makes a great selection of guard wiredos:

https://victoriaminiatures.com/

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

AnEdgelord posted:

Here in the states the Secret Service does a lot more than just stand beside the President. They're in charge of both stopping counterfeit money and giving people who threaten to kill the president a stern talking to. I'm pretty sure they have their own personal special forces units as well like a lot of other departments do. It's not hard to 40k that up into what the Custodes are doing.

And they have RADAR!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Well... Crud.

I dug out my Vostroyans intending to sell them, and I don't know if I can part with them, they're still great sculpts.

I think I have enough for a combat partol:

15 x Lasgun guardsmen
2 x each Mortar, Plasma, Flamer guardsmen
4 x Sergeants
2 x Snipers
1 x each mortar, lasgun, bolter Heavy weapon squad
Comand squad

I've also got an older sentinel, Ratlings, a Scion kit, a Leman Russ, a Chimera, and Taurox somewhere, in various states of construction.

Nothing is based or painted yet, and I'm still waffling. I'd like to not buy anything else, but the upcoming Heresy Sentinels would look great with this army.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Virtual Russian posted:

If you do end up wanting to sell them I'd be happy to buy them. Totally agree on the sculpts. You're a bit short of a combat patrol, you'd need to get an ordnance battery and armoured sentinel (yours is probably fine), plus a meltagunner and grenade launcher. It is a fun project to convert, I'm working on one now.

Sold. I just hit the Praetorians I was converting with Victoria Miniatures parts to ride Cold Ones. The Vostroyans are easier to move.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
While we're on the metal-IG love train - Give us back these Catachan please!

http://www.solegends.com/citcat1997/1997p010-01.htm

Virtual Russian posted:

I'll need a way to contact you.

Do you have direct messaging on here? I may as well upgrade if you do.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Virtual Russian posted:

I do, anyone with a grenade next to their name has plat. I only learned that when I bought it recently, no idea how I missed that for nearly 20 years.

Sent.

Also, progress!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Seamless.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

This rules though?

Indeed! Goofy miniatures are great. Somehow all the Primaris vehicles are miss that, and land on charmless.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Virtual Russian posted:

Yes, in Epic: Armageddon all cover gives an automatic -1 to hit. It is a great system and it means anything, regardless of armor, benefits from cover no matter what.

Let it be known that Virtual Russian is a cool and kind person, for purchasing Vostroyans, and being really nice about me screwing up shipping to Canada (be very careful with Pirate Ship and UPS from the US to Canada, "Brokerage Fees" are a new thing to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

a pale ghost posted:

Any tips for a guard army on a budget?

Soviet KV-2 tank kits can be had pretty cheap, and if anyone challenges the choice, it's the Imperial Ragnarök.