Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Roller Coast Guard posted:

What are the other alternatives? I'd rather not support BattleScribe if I can help it but I'll need to move off the GW app at the end of the month.

What's wrong with BattleScribe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Virtual Russian posted:

I'm curious what people think? Is the gunshield too plain?

Just add a few bolts and maybe a smaller plate as greebling and it'll look great.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

a fatguy baldspot posted:

I can’t understand how you would enjoy space marines in general and not like aggressors. They look so cool

They would look cool if they didn't have those giant novelty guns strapped to their hands.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

grey knights murdering sisters of battle to bathe in their holy blood as an anti-daemon measure

This sounds extremely awesome and grimdark

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Eej posted:

It's extremely bad actually

I mean... morally yes

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

moths posted:

It was dumb from a lore perspective as well. The men of the Grey Knights could use the purity of the Sisters' blood better than they could.

Also the obvious overtone that sisters were more valuable as a temporary buff than as combatants. Or as people.

S.J. posted:

The entire thing was written like the Grey Knights were murdering innocent virgins to bathe in their blood in order to protect themselves from demons and it was extremely gross and weird in-universe and meta textually

Agreed on both counts, I'm just partial to the Imperium being extremely hosed up and representing hopeless fanaticism and patriarchy.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
Yeah I'm torn on the issue because on one hand I can separate fiction from reality in the same way that I enjoy horror movies, but it's gross to think that disgusting people are getting kicks from genuinely aligning with the worst aspects of it. It just so happens that, like horror, I find the most hosed up aspects to be fascinating parts of the setting. :shrug:

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
what's up with all the static poses lately?

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

moths posted:

Not only that, their first model back was the Green Knight:

drat, what a beauty

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

What do you think of these?

Your drybrushing is great at suggesting texture. A real pleasure to look at.

Also the color scheme for the bikes is amazing.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

SuperKlaus posted:

Let's have a look at this Impcat thing, seems neat!

Let's go to the reddit and find the community models pack...

Ah some user comments what do we have here

"Somehow there’s an error for the sororitas / sister panty file and its not possible to Download it :("

:bighow:

That's just what the default Impcat battle sister model is called, so that user isn't asking for anything weird. But yeah...

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
I've always thought it was a huge mistake to try to humanize chaos followers and make them into tragically misguided figures, rather than purely evil and insane people twisted by forces beyond their control.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
Specifically I feel like there's less of a focus on the corrupting influence of chaos than there should be. Like chaos marines are often talked about like they wanted to be powerful in a certain way and took a deal with chaos that made them more powerful in that way, like it was a fairly rational choice to them because of how hosed up they were in the first place. I think it works better when it's plain that despite how hosed up they were to begin with, they never would have taken this deal were they not made to want it after being driven insane by chaos.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
Regardless of other factors, if people around you know you are into hentai, something has gone wrong

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
Phobos/reivers would look way cooler without 50 lbs of batman gizmo bullshit strapped to them

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
Why aren't the point costs listed on the datacards? So annoying

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
Is there a good way to get models off their base so I can rebase them? Mine are really glued on there with Tamiya and I tried working an x-acto knife under their soles but I don't think I can do it without mangling them.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Legendary Ptarmigan posted:

If you don't mind destroying the old base you can always use snips to just cut through the old base around where the models feet are. I had some old Assault on Black Reach Terminators I've been working on repurposing for 30k where I did that. You can put the models in the freezer (as long as the were originally assembled with some variety of super glue instead of plastic glue) to make the old bonds more brittle as well.

Anything I can do to get the glued on portion of the base under their feet off or do they just have lifts at that point?

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

RangerScum posted:

Get a set of these, they are really useful and I've used them to cleanly separate plastic models from bases, clean up resin models, the works. If you need to cut through models / bases / whatever and can't use your snippers these things are incredible.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004LVOV4A?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I've used other x-acto-style saw blades before and these things are so much sharper than everything else.

Done, thanks!

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

I got most of the base layers done on my canoness. I wanted to show off how a different head, arms, and facing can change the canoness from the combat patrol box, who I always thought was a bit stiff.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
Hey stupid question, is the thing I found and broke chunks off in my house to use as heroic rocks asbestos

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Ashcans posted:

A picture would probably be helpful, or some sense of where you broke it off from? Also please don't cannibalize your house for basing materials, wtf.

I didn't, I found it by a dumpster.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Is it kinda "fuzzy?" It could be

Yeah but that could be fiberglass mixed with cement? It didn't even occur to me until now and I'm gonna go throw it all away to be safe and pretend it never happened.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
Finished my canoness

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
Is there any reason to play an obscure successor chapter like Flesh Tearers or a Dark Angels successor? Seems like there's lots of cool fluff opportunities and the ability to choose a better paint scheme, but are they just using their chapters rules without access to the special characters or what?

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
I'm p sure 30k only exists because they think there are lots of people mad about primaris and wanted to have an old school short marines game for them, so the pose choices probably reflect that mentality.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

War and Pieces posted:

Before I decided on Genestealers I was toying with a Knights Hospitaller Scheme for a combined SM and Sisters army

I bet this would look awesome with the new Dark Angels that are coming out.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Safety Factor posted:

30k's been an official game since like 2012. It predates the primaris range by a lot. It still exists because it's popular; it got a big boost back in 7th edition with two plastic box sets that really helped get more people into the game. The big plastic push starting with the launch of 2.0 has been great too. There is definitely a grog element to it though, I'm not going to deny that. I'm one of them.

Oh huh, I stand corrected!

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
Yeah I mean I love the fanatic catholic aesthetic of the sisters and I am a hard left atheist. I don't think that thinking the steel legion or whatever looks badass is indicative of anything at all.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Shoehead posted:

OK so my little Broodbrother Squad of psychos and looters are kind of morphing into an Inquisitor's Warband (of psychos and looters), because my AoS Freeguild Marshal showed up and I did this to them

100% bad rear end

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
Does anyone know what the guy in the lower left is called? I'd love to get my hands on one and convert it into a preacher or missionary. I know they're from one of the redemptionist sets in the 90s but I can never find that exact one for sale.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Robert Facepalmer posted:

Redemptor Priest. That is the Fanatic set from like 2005ish, so a bit more rare than the Outlanders release was.

Awesome, thank you!

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
Finished my first paragon warsuit tonight.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
Finished this preacher in one sitting. You can't really see it in the picture, but the tips of the grass are blackened and some have little embers on top.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Geisladisk posted:

Well he's the top commander of the army of unwilling conscripts serving the megafascist death cult government, he can read as a little villainous imo

Yeah I think this highlights another problem with Lord Solar in that he just doesn't make any sense aesthetically from what we see of the Imperium and the Imperial Guard specifically in the lore.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
IIRC you used to be able to take lovely conscript squads that needed to be decimated by a commissar to pass morale checks.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

AndyElusive posted:

That post raging about the Guard being a boring faction completely ignores all the amazing characterful troops they have access too.

It ignores how the Guard have Ogryns and Nork fuckin Deddog.

It ignores how the Guard have Ratling Snipers.

It ignores how the Guard have Sentinel Walkers.

It ignores how the Guard have Elysian Drop Troopers who aren't in 10th I think, but are still rad as hell.

It ignores how the Guard have Attilan Rough Riders.

And it gnores how the Guard have motherfucking Sly Marbo.

The Guard are an awesome faction.

I think that post was less about the Guard not having cool units and more that the lore makes it seem like they are disposable cannon fodder thrown by the trillions into trenches to fight gods, which is awesome but not really a reflection of the reality on the tabletop.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
Isn't the Omnissiah a c'tan bound in the core of Mars or something

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Safety Factor posted:

Belial is so goddamn boring.

he looks sick, actually

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
I put warhammer on hold until the last part of this year, so here's all the models I did in 2023. Looking to do many more next year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
:gooncamp: