Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Like yelling fire in a theater but with two sweaty men arguing about best girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Kai Cenat streaming reminds me of that annoying TV reporter in The Fifth Element.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Do you think we're at the point where a lot of self identifying gamers don't really play games, they just watch streamers? Kind of like that dude in high school that would say they're a martial artist, or sailor, or whatever, and then you find out they never did any of those things, they just watched a lot of stuff on it.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

syntaxfunction posted:

Do you think we're at the point where a lot of self identifying gamers don't really play games, they just watch streamers? Kind of like that dude in high school that would say they're a martial artist, or sailor, or whatever, and then you find out they never did any of those things, they just watched a lot of stuff on it.

development all arrested at the age when their big bro hands them an unplugged controller. goddamn, that’s bleak

Aug 6, 2023
but first you gotta rob a homeless person

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

These people need to stop playing around. This is not a game.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgmLLW3AMis

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Man, for a moment I thought Tim Buckly had died or something.

Streamer riot though. Oof

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

syntaxfunction posted:

absolutely

and the same thing happens with tabletop rpgs

mekyabetsu
Dec 17, 2018

lol this thread is the most boomer rear end poo poo I’ve ever read

poggers

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

mekyabetsu posted:

lol this thread is the most boomer rear end poo poo I’ve ever read

poggers

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Gamers should probably stay at home

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8ioBZ4Yb40

That's no 2,000 people, that's probably at least 5,000+.

Grab Im Moor
Apr 4, 2022

I think that video game streamers can be ok and I watch some of them sometimes. But only the quieter ones who don't scream all the time for no reason and do "pranks" like this fool or pool streams or whatever. If you can pull it off and gather a reasonable audience why not, playing vidya all day so you can afford a house and a decent way of life seems like a pretty good deal :shrug:

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Grab Im Moor posted:

I think that video game streamers can be ok and I watch some of them sometimes. But only the quieter ones who don't scream all the time for no reason and do "pranks" like this fool or pool streams or whatever. If you can pull it off and gather a reasonable audience why not, playing vidya all day so you can afford a house and a decent way of life seems like a pretty good deal :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeLBhGSpU2Y

Grab Im Moor
Apr 4, 2022

Yeah idk man. Maybe I'm too old for this type of "content". Judging by the chat scrolling at the speed of light throughout the video he's probably a millionaire or something.
You know the chill type of streams reminds me of the TV channel called GIGA we had in the late 90s-2000s. It was a bunch of turbonerds presenting and playing new releases all day, with some hardware reviews and game related fun stuff in between, at the time there was nothing else like it and it was really cool to check out some real footage to see if it's something you'd like. Streaming is cheap entertainment but I don't see anything wrong with that per se if it's not the only type of media thing you consume. Just try to avoid the terrible scumbag garbage on these platforms and it's fine?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Big resemblance.
https://youtu.be/OGfYLRCJZ1c

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Icochet posted:

Gamers should probably stay at home

gaming has become normalized and widely accepted, tragically

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Grab Im Moor posted:

lol

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I saw this character named HOG RIDER in clash of clans!!!

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

BigBadSteve posted:

Kai Cenat streaming reminds me of that annoying TV reporter in The Fifth Element.

???

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

gamers got in the trash again last night
gdi

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Smugworth posted:

gamers got in the trash again last night
gdi

Global Defense Intitiative

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

I could see Steve-O doing something like this. Probably just as reckless as his stunt where he had a nurse give him a vodka IV.

Not Knoxville or Margera, though. They'd do it to someone else, like Dunn.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

INANIMATE CARBON ROD!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Gamers hosed bus exhaust in your city??

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

They do not gently caress

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

gamers hwackin off in muh toolshed

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

how do you know if you're a gamer :ohdear:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Buce posted:

how do you know if you're a gamer :ohdear:

How did you feel when Sephiroth killed Aeris

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
lol sorry i made you all think the r word, i guess i thought i was being cute. whoops it happened again i'm making you say slurs in your brain gently caress!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Bussy

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Smugworth posted:

How did you feel when Sephiroth killed Aeris

It's Aerith goddammit

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

It's Aerith goddammit

Gamer detected

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

R.L. Stine posted:

lol sorry i made you all think the r word, i guess i thought i was being cute. whoops it happened again i'm making you say slurs in your brain gently caress!!

Nice meltdown, gamer.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Gamers...

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

...gamers never change

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

I am a normal person who enjoys video games.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
forget the gays and the trans we need to make gamers go back in the closet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Gamers are out in gangs tonight. There are gamer gangs, if they catch you with the wrong system at night they will kill you.